Noob question:

noob question:

it's safe to share my music folder on Soulseek?
There's no chance i can be hacked by the "C:/Users/" path shown when someone's looking into my files?

Sharing is caring. Do it or fuck off

>Soulseek
Use torrents you fucking idiot.

Wtf is soulseek? Seems like it wants you to open your anus to strangers. Botnet

And how the fuck many dicks do you think I need to suck before I get annoyed by these faggot ass "membership tests"? TPB doesn't even fucking have roms anymore. Meanwhile soulseek still litty

Top lel. How can you be such a moron that you can't torrent anything you want in current year?

You must be 18 years or older to not be retarded

They can only read what's in the path.

Best to just share your swapfile and nothing else to be safe.

Because of criminal prosecution of piracy. There is literally nothing left after kat died

Soulseek is easy. Only share folders with music in them and nothing else. Some people share their home directories or even their entire filesystem, so most users can download whatever they want. But don't be dumb and you'll be fine.

Plus, you're probably going to run into blocked port issues anyways, so you're probably safe

dafuck is soulseek

You don't need a tracker or anything.
You just make the torrent file/magnet link and post it.

What does that even mean. How would I make a torrent of something I don't have.

It's like if KaZaA was frozen in time without ads, viruses, or anything but quality, hard-to-find music. Plus shitty chat rooms

like dc++

never had any problem in 10 years. worst case scenario sandbox it

what is the difference between soulseek and retroshare?

it's safe to share, just make sure your music is in folders and you only share those folders. Also don't be a fucking asshole. What's worse than people not sharing anything is people who throttle shares to like 2kb/s. So you still see their results and can queue up their music but you never actually download anything because their queue is 900 files long and going nowhere. So you then have to go through and re-search that stuff and download it from someone else. Holy fucking hell that pisses me off.

idk why the fuck people use torrents for music when you have soulseek. it's straight up retarded. also

>decide to share my whole medai folder, about 7TB of non-music media like tv shows to see what happens
>within a few hours people are queueing up terabytes worth of files
>also those random users who try to download your entire music directory at once

>Only share folders with music in them and nothing else
/thread

post those ID's so i can look at your pleb music collections

whiteapple

>some guy blocks me from downloading from him because hes disgusted at my music organising skills
i just joined all tracks from an album to make one mp3, what was wrong with that?

>quality
128kbps mp3s converted to flac are something I've encountered many times
>hard to find
Sometimes I couldn't find songs that have over a million views on YouTube

I wouldn't block you but that is aggressively stupid. You are going out of your way to make your music collection worse.

I remember reading a post on their forum saying that there's stuff you can't search directly because of copyright problems, like the beatles for instance.
If that happens the best is to search the name of the track and the filtering function for the artist

>Sometimes I couldn't find songs that have over a million views on YouTube

I listen to a lot of music I can only ever find on souncloud, like small producers who aren't signed to any label. No one on SS has the originals and if I do find them on youtube it's usually a 128kbps rip from soundcloud re-encoded into a video and rencoded again after uploading to youtube.

Also the SS devs have been pressured by the industry, some search terms are blocked and return no results. mostly only big names like recently I tried lily allen and the beatles and other big names. People can still share the files but you have to get creative with your searches and then use the search filter to find what you want.

anyone?

>something I don't have.

Nigga, I am not him but wth, you wanted to share out part of your harddrive at the begining and now you say you dont have it ?

rutracker fag

>literally nothing left after kat died
What the fuck are you talking about? There are plenty of other trackers

Epic software