How do we convince the normies to make the switch ?

How do we convince the normies to make the switch ?

when the app doesn't start by notifying random people on your phone that you use it

It does that?

>How do we convince the normies to make the switch ?
Why would you want to?

if you sms someone from the app, it has a popup the first time that gives you an option to "invite them to signal"
you can just x it out though

It does that because every other chat app does that and it tries to he as normie friendly as possible

Step 1: don't call your app "private" but demand real world identifiers

until you ditch phone numbers your app is engineered to fail

You can also disable the invitation prompts. It's under Settings > Chats and Media.

from a botnet to another one

Say a good one then

XMPP

Make it better than Telegram

It is a tryhard version of whatsapp, why the fuck would you waste your time on that.

>no one has taken the time to set up private servers
that's how you know it's garbage and you should just use xmpp or matrix if you're a memeboi

^ this, xmpp + omemo is godlike

Any other US anons here? Do people you know actually use these dedicated texting apps or is it just a foreign thing?

Do you live in a basement or a cellar?

US user here

This is an easy, normie friendly encrypted messaging solution. There aren't many options in this field. If you use SMS/iMessage/any social media messaging platform, you're a retard.

How do we convince the normies to make the switch?

but it is the only way to verify it is a human using the app.. is there any other alternatives?

Admittedly I don't talk to as any people as I use to but the ones that I do talk just use normal sms or Facebook messenger of all things.

What client do you use? (and on what?)

>talking to normies

sms are very expensive in my country and many others. I stopped using them a long time ago.

facebook messenger is literally whatsapp so you're using a dedicated testing app already

Retard.

*texting

I got my friends to switch after telling them we could send larger gifs, webms and short mp4s

You don't. You get them on Wire.

Of course there is. Captcha every time you send a message.

that ship has sailed.

By convincing them to install telegram

It's shit, telegram is better, too bad there isn't any e2e on it by default

Can you explain me why, signal, the app that protects your privacy, uses google's javascript on the official website signal.org?

brilliant! let's make it an imageboard too!