pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/G6rOk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9CHub9Cxs
mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/fc980m-black-iso-uk-mx-blue_105/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for 75%

Does Linux use the F-row keys a lot? I feel like whenever someone mentions having a 75%, it's a dead giveaway that they use Windows. Mac people have no need for those.
Anyway, Leopold's 66% is best 60%.

so my ducky shine 6 shit the bed last night, so i ordered this. how did I do? i have a small desk and need a numpad. heard the quality is good.

Leopold FC980M

Why don't you guys just find a keyboard you like and be done?

1. It's like coffee or wine: The more variety you try, the better you are at picking out the best ones for you.
2. Think of it like collecting watches, not buying a hammer.
3. It's a hobby. It's fun.

Hmm, well I'm currently using a cherry mx black keyboard with the UK layout. It was kind of hard to find for me though since I live in the US but prefer UK layout. What do you think that the best keyboard is that I could find in this layout? I'm interested in tying a different keyboard since my current one isn't that good of build quality.
Basically I want a keyboard weighted similar to cherry black switches in UK layout full size that is also sturdy as fuck.

Yep, reasonable layout and good brand. Boring keycap color, but hey that's just me.

god tier keyboard

I need your help /mkg/. I spilled tea all over my steelseries apex m500.
I watched a yt video of a guy bathing his keyboard in a mixture of distilled water and isopropyl alcohol. Is this safe and if it is, will it get rid of sugars in the keys?

Just take it apart and put it in the dish washer

whatever just do it you pussy you wont

This sounds even more ridiculous...
Did you spill tea on your keyboard too? I see you failed to finish a sentence.

It does if you switch TTYs a lot.

>This sounds even more ridiculous...
Well it actually does work, just don't use any detergent, then bake it in the oven to dry it off. Several people have done that before and have had no issues including me.

pussy

Thanks. I'll try it. If it doesn't work I'll blame it on my idiocy for listening to Sup Forums.
@64728149
(You)

o no another low energy wave :(
RIP /mkg/ this time its recoverable its finished

Again, take it apart and separate it out, but don't put the keycaps in the dishwasher unless you have a way to secure them. Don't use any detergent since hot water is enough. Then when you bake it don't use an insanely high temperature. I recommend around 160°F, but some oven's only go as low as 175 and that should be fine

Sorry COLD water. Use the cold rinse cycle.

This is as far as I can strip it down. My oven goes down to ~120F so I'll just dry it at 160F.
Thanks again.

How do I build my own keyboard?

Don't be a retard, user.

What's retarded about it? There is nothing stopping you from doing it. Only that it's not worth the price but it would make a good project.

It's a huge amount of effort and expense for an inferior product. If you want to build something, build something real.

Most DIY projects aren't really about the end product. It's doing it part that that matters. It's just more satisfying knowing you did it rather than someone else.

It's not a huge effort either. It's also less complicated than slotting your PC build together. Any moron could do it.

>Any moron could do it.
exactly, its expensive, easy, and not worth it in any way, make something real

>Mech enthusiast starter edition
>imgur.com/a/G6rOk

jesus, that was an embarassing read

>let's just throw in as much memes and buzzwords as possible, and not provide that much useful information at all

>that was an embarassing read
thats mkg alright, the home of the buypig

Getting tired of how my hhkb's look. Will be selling them and doing some builds. What are some switches I should look at? I mainly prefer tactile switches.

So far I've been looking at :

ergo clears
67g zealios
Mod-M's?

Also been looking at box navy's and box pale blues even though I don't prefer the sound of clickys... the tactility of them is inciting.

> then bake it in the oven to dry it off

This sounds like a twitch support prank

i-i-it-t-t alredy in a-a-t 250g did i fucked up, the plastic looks glossy now

Unscrew everything an throw in the parts into a dishwasher.

Just make sure to not use detergent or soap as that shit will create a film, probably won't matter but still just in case.

Make sure to have it fully dry before using to avoid any shorting.

I have done this many time when I was in college and had my roommates go wtf, why is there a keyboard in the dishwasher. Bonus, you'll come out with clean ass keycaps

matias qc?

but navy is good either way. best to pair them with SA keycaps to redeem the sound since you didn't like the clicky sound.

Can this thread please explain why clack factoey keys are so sought after? Why are the so expensive ?

>tfw all the cool keycaps don't work with dvorak

We should make powerplants out of that.

buypigs

What are some good mechanical keyboards that recently dropped (2018 or late 2017)? Looking to buy a bunch and give mechanicals an honest try after using the same rubber dome since forever

is Outemu even good enough?

you dont really buy the latest and greatest when it comes to keyboards, stuff made 5 years ago is pretty much the same as now unless its rgb shit in which case kill yourself

I can use the buyers guide for that, but I wanna give new shit a go as well. Know of any?

Brown is pretty much the best.

what switch is the most durable and has the most resistance?

Tax refund came in boys, what should I get?

>no spacebar
>no arrow keys
>color looks like those shitty chalk candies you get at money laundering Vietnamese restaurants

My brain is full of fuck

Does anyone know what keyboard this might be?

you say it now, lurk some days more...

cute hands, show belly we tell you the keybird name

this is the belly belonging to the hands

Post keebs

ok, then its a common dell keyboard

model?

get blanks or dsa profile

ok

Tepid distilled water + isopropanol will work, just make sure you really dry the fuck out of it

sure, why not

using daskeyboard 4 professional, how do i rate?

If you’re ano frills kind of guy who types a lot for work, you can pick up a Filco or Leopold with Cherry MX blues. If you want something more classical, try Unicomp.

they're better than corsair and most other gaymer boards at least

I ordered one of those. Hopefully shipping willl start soon.

I was looking at getting another 60% KB since I smashed my last HHKB in a drunken rage, I've since quit drinking.

My next choice would be the nightfox/white fox but the shipping date keeps getting pushed back and i don't want to wait.

I don't like the look of the pok3rs and I can't solder. Is there anything other than the HHKB I should get?

I really like the look of the whitefox.

best of the worst, overpriced and overrated but fine

could have got a nice ducky or leopold for the price and would have been way better

>My next choice would be the nightfox/white fox but the shipping date keeps getting pushed back and i don't want to wait.
It seems like the current batch has been shipped from China a few days ago. Not sure how long until the next.
But if you won't mind red or brown switches, monoprice has whitefoxes in stock.

I want blue/hakos and the latest shipping date is Mar 20'th. I would jump on the night fox but I saw the last shipping date to be Feb now it's March. I move cross country come May and I don't want the date pushed back until then then end up missing my keeb.

The only reason I would get the night over the white is white keys tend to get really fucking dirty.

This thing on massdrop ships May 20th which is after my move but I'm not sure I would have a permanent address by then otherwise i would jump on this in a heartbeat.

I felt for the topre meme.

They are not bad, just highly overrated. Ergo-clears are better, zealios are better, gatistotles, most of the alps I tried... ordered some of those BKE domes, maybe they are better than stock ones. Layout is pretty gud tho, I guess I'll buy more 1800 boards in the future.

that thing has non-standard key (left shift), keep it in mind if you ever plan to buy aftermarket keycaps.

BTW. How about Tada68? It has similar layout to the whitefox and you can even get a similar looking (flat, aluminium, floating keys) case from KBDFans

Why are the K70 default keycaps so shit lads?

I thought red switches on my k70 were shit and preferred the browns on my poker pro all because the keycaps on k70 were so thin that it made everything felt mushy.
I changed keycaps and shit feels very nice.

What's the best switch to annoy my roommate?

Some old IBM or the new some of those green switches by khail

shit keyboard, shit keycaps.

beam spring with solenoid

youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9CHub9Cxs

It's not like any keyboard ITT is worth the asking price anyway.

Mechanicals are overrated memes tbη

damn, now I need this

buypigs assume that since topre are expensive they must be better, but really they're just produced at a lower rate and harder to get

yes. But with some kayboards you're at least getting good build quality and materials. Corsair and Razer have cheaper build than $45 keyboards from aliexpress.

A girlfriend

>£50-100
>UK
>Tactile, non-clicky
>UK layout
>TKL
>Backlight preferred

Never owned mechanical, looking to get into it. I am interested in Speed Silver switches. They seem good

Its build quality and the switches are fine, the software and electronics are completely shit on the other hand and you can find many many complaints on the forums about these issues.
Also media keys and volume knob are super comfy.

w2c caps

Ducky One 2 dropped at the end of 2017
Leopold also updated all their cherry MX keyboards at the end of last year

Man that kishy is one hell of a keyboard. I just hope the reproductions feel like the originals cause they aren't quite there yet

He said that he has all the parts made and that they're sitting in a warehouse in china, they all just need to be assembled.

I'm interested in buying an HHKB depending on the condition and price.
Been lurking mechmarket for a while to snatch one, but no luck yet.
Drop your email or I can drop mine if you want.

>Budget
£150-ish
>Location (continent at least)
UK
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Blue
>Layout
ISO
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
no preference
>Previous/current keyboards
pic related, 2012 razer black widow from before I had sense, trying to get away from gaymer trash)

Leopold FC980M
mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/fc980m-black-iso-uk-mx-blue_105/

>that site has that keyboard in the "tenkeyless" category
??????????????

the only logical reason I can come up with is that it's about as big as one. still I think it's a sexy layout, even sexier then a 96key

I see people talking shit about them all the time but honestly I like them. I do a good mix of gaming and programming and I'd say they're perfect desu.

What keyboard is the bottom left?

the same one on the top right, and the one in this picture

5.5u spacebar and 1.25u bottom mods point towards that one noppoo 75%

should i drop 100$ for a hakko or weller soldering tation? or are they overrated products

they're good and quality

Just ordered the KUL ES-87. But I feel like I already regret it. White backlight works be really nice. It'd also be great if I could find a decent TKL with backlight and floating keys. Might just go for the CODE

It's in pristine condition, lubed, silenced, pbt space bar, white base with black printed keycaps.

Drop your reddit username if you got one, ill pm ya.

KUL is fucking godly
I got one a few years ago and its the best out of all my boards.