You all seem to hate Java but love Android. Explain

You all seem to hate Java but love Android. Explain.

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We love Android despite Java.

I hate both.

Name literally one (1) thing wrong with java

You figuratively can't

Verbosity

++

>pic
>logo
>name

>Hate Java
Java is fine. JavaScript is not.

its about the closest thing we have to a well supported linux distro for ARM mobile

Java is garbage tbhonk and so was the original Dalvic runtime that was written by Andy Rubin

ART (Android Runtime) was written by Google and was better in every way and works on old devices. Its been smooth sailing since then

>it supposed to solve compatibility issues
>instead it's made a bunch of them

I love java. Spring and jpa are good

No one here actually knows what they're talking about. What we like and hate is based on memes.

>just winfag things
get a package manager, loser

its not even worth the effort when its so abstracted compared to C++ or any other popular native language. Anything stressing on Android is just a C++ app in a Java wrapper

You can't argue Android isn't the fast growing platform in the past 10 years.

Java has always been what it is, shit but the most widely used OO language

> What is Kotlin

java the platform != java the language. that said java was probably chosen because it's probably the most well known programming language in the world, it's architecture and operating system independent and you can run it a hell of a lot faster than people have gotten, say, python to run. commercial types also like that you can obfuscate java programs and hide them behind bytecode; not perfect, but better than you can achieve with python at least

Java is fine, it's just a horrible language to work with

Android is shit but it's the best we have

So you hate Minecraft and Minecraft PE?

a meme

I don't love android. I'm looking forward to this baby puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

Smartphones are useless cancer.

Only fast in benchmarks.

android is like the microsoft of phones
android is just a shill cuz google
we just need a new mobileOS
like Linux of mobile

try catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch catch finally

Underrated post

Finally. I love you user.