Does Twenty One Pilots remind anyone else of Animal Collective?

Does Twenty One Pilots remind anyone else of Animal Collective?

No

yes

You know what I do see the comparison. Although 21 pilots are a little more innovative and sound better. They don't just scream and make noise. Their song's actually mean something.

WISCH I CÜD-
OPEN UP YOUR
OPEN UP YOUR
OPEN UP YOUR
(Our System Thinks Your Post Is Spam)
OPEN UP YOUR
OPEN UP YOUR
OPEN UP YOUR-
GÜD OLE' DAYYYYYYYS

STOP

yeah

they are both shit

:^)

Both are derivative trash

/thread

Yeah 21p is way better than Animal Collective. Animal Collective is just boring random structured noises with yelling over it.

21p actually has great lyrics with depth that everyone can relate too.

dank

it's not a meme
21p stole their sound from mike skinner with his "the streets" works, they just added wubs and less intelligent lyrics

These would actually be pretty good lyrics.

>both
Who are Animal Collective derivative of

Not really. Just because the lyrics are minmalist doesn't make them less intelligent.

I'm not the same user, no idea who he thinks anco stole from (though I'm not a fan personally)
but they are objectively less intelligent than that of Mike Skinners
plus the rhyming scheme is way more simplistic

Again the rhyming schemes are just minimalistic. That's the point.

kek

Not him, and "derivative" is just a less positive term for saying they have influences, but noise Animal Collective takes very heavily from Black Dice. The fact they are friends with them and Avey and Eric lived in the same apartment together makes this pretty expected.

>makes their work objectively less impressive
>this is to be celebrated
The mind boggles

only for the fact that they both suck

reminder that 21p is a decent band.

yah but I feel like the other guys is implying it a bad manner. Avey and eric admit to influencing each other, I think avey said that he thinks very highly of their opinions. Anyways they both formed around the same time.

also animal collective have always been a band that wears their influences proudly. That isn't really a bad thing though. Most musicians arent really that all original anyways.

They remind me of cLOUDDEAD.

whoever keeps making these threads is a comedic genius.

You take that back

Yeah.
In the same way The Fishmans remind me of Jason Aldean.

legitimately triggered

I hated top the first month I listened to them. I couldn't get into their 'sound'. After really trying to find out what i was missing I fell in love with their lyrics. They're really just a 2016 mcr with a mixture of too many genre styles.

ditto

I think they're alright.

these threads are why i keep coming back

Kek