Rate your monitor Sup Forums. Let's truly weed out the poorfags

Rate your monitor Sup Forums. Let's truly weed out the poorfags.

Meh, I've got an 8bit IPS and all bars but the 0-100% look like smooth gradients to me.
Only when I press my nose against the screen do I see individual colors on the others.

I'm not going to waste my time counting those tiny fucking bars

I have an 8 bit monitor, I see 256 bars on all of them

You don't need to count them retard, just check if the upper bars are smaller than the ones below it.

Isn't the point NOT to see 256/1024 bars?
As the gradient should be smooth and "transparent"?

You realize you can just open the monitor info and see if it's on 8bit or 10bit?

My monitor is 12bit.

So what now? You're the poorfag?

Jokes on you! My IPS has so little contrast between 000 and fff that it's completely smooth all the way! even 7 bits would be enough.

21-inch Sony Trinitron CRT. In a dark room without reflection on the glass I can tell the difference between pure black and an increase of 4 in any individual RGB channel. No dithering and no sample-and-hold, plus any resolution looks just as good as another up to 1600x1200 at 85Hz. Will be replacing it with a micro-LED monitor once those start being made.

funny story
>two years ago
>I was trying to convince everyone you cannot see the difference between 8 and 10 bits
>16 million colors are enough for the human eye
>I didn't take increasing color ranges and contrasts into account of course
>one time I was trying to convince a designer friend
>pulled up photoshop
>put on a full screen 333333-999999 gradient
>zoomed in
>see faggot no banding, cannot see the difference
>the faggot took the mouse
>turned off diffusion
>remade the gradient
>the edges of the bandings were so sharp
>they literally cut my eyes
>into two parts each
>I had to use a pretty expensive, 27" 10 bit glue

My life will never be the same.

Dell P2417H
I see bars on the grey tests.
The red and blue have no difference.

TFW 6bit + FRC

If implemented right, it can actually be more accurate and look better, with less banding, than a bad quality, but real 8 bit, if implemented right (like in some good quality dell monitors).

shit

I'm sorry but if you're referring to samsung's micro-LED technology that was introduced on this year's CES, then I have some bad news for you.
The technology is expensive, and not just because it's new, but because how it works. You need additional physical layers, some pixel assembly, additional computing, and the result is not as good as an OLED.
I wouldn't wait for that if I were you, probably an other technology will come sooner before micro leds become affordable.

When will AMOLED monitors arrive to replace everything in the old world?

Master race reporting in. EIZO CG series calibrated with a spectrophotometer.

I think we'll be colonizing new solar systems before they fix the problems with OLED panels and make them reasonably priced.

When they solve the burn-in issue.

I'm using an oled TV for gamepad gaming, and even 100+ hours of a game didn't cause persistent burn-in for me, but I guess a desktop would.

Just make UI that constantly changes, no bars of any kind

Same.
But in real world usage it makes pretty much 0 difference. All the 8 bit bars line up in that test.

That sound like an UX hell. Icons shifting on the taskbar, window X buttons changing place, browser tabs moving around, etc.

>about to get a 10 bit display
>realize i have to get a quadro or firepro in order to use it in non gaymen tasks

fuck this gay earth

Capitalism at work.

But its the
F U T U R E
U
T
U
R
E

I think my 1440p monitor might be fake 10 bit. It says 10-bit in the AMD control panel but I can still see the 8-bit gradients.