Vega 64

who would buy a vega 64

Everyone if it was MSRP. Otherwise, miners.

I would, if they weren't all sold out due to being great at mining. I want an ML workhorse.

Amd fanboys and miners.

People mining Monero

They'll aren't even good mining cards anymore. Even at inflated prices the 1080 still brings in more money mining while offering better gaming performance. Botnets destroyed monero mining.

do you want to by mine for a 1000 canadian

I play 4k games on mine ^^

And i bought it on launch day for non inflated price

me

a fucking RETARD

I use mine for 144hz gaming and mining while I'm out for the day.
Botnets killed Monero, but other Cryptonight derivatives are still profitable.

do you want it

what do you mine and how much you get a day. ive been thinking of putting mine to work

I hope RTG doesn't get disbanded anytime soon

i want a 56 but i don't think i will ever see it msrp again.

rip

I mine with a 1080 ti that I turn on when I go to bed and leave on all night and while I'm at work. I make $4.80/day during this slump or $8-10/day when the market gets going.

What are you mining?
I make half that running NiceHash.

What are you mining with? I'm using Equihash. I'm

I would if they were sold at a reasonable price.

Bought a fucking Korean monitor WITH FREESYNC BUT HAVE A 1070. want THE VEGA 64.

>AMD
>Machine learning

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, this must be a shitpost right?

A lot of the features touted for those cards they're abandoning such as primitive shader discard etc. They can't be bothered to make them work and without features they were toting they're just outclassed by most nvidia cards in the higher end. AMD has nothing that can compete.

Even with PS it'd be slower than a 1080TI. Most 1080TIs auto overclock by about 15-20% out of box. That's 12.6TF single precision minimum, up to 13TF. Which is more than the 12.5TF the Vega 64 claims to achieve, which even aftermarket cards struggle to maintain

Still waiting for nano.

miners do not buy it cause it is inefficent compared to watts of a 480

what PSU for a 56 or 64?

oh right, with no OC

Everyone that gets it at a cheap price

Anyone who wants the best graphics card on the market that also respects their freedoms.

I would because I want to use Freesync with my 1440p LG Ultrawide

With the hcc toolchain, everything cuda is ported or source compatible with ROCm. The Vega has lots more raw compute power that can be put to use this way. Even with the retarded prices right now, it'll be more perf/dollar in most ML packages than with the 1080ti.

I did, u mad?

AMD are budget choice for ML, even after the price hikes.
With nVidia you have to buy a Quadro (or recently a TitanV) to get somewhat reasonable FP16 perf.
Gaming nVidia cards have terrible FP16 since they only have a single Tensor core per SM and can't just use padded out FP32 (so for a 64core SM, you get to use a single core... or 44 whole cores on a 1080!)

AMD has crap FP16 since 'rapid packed math' is a complete failure, but they also just pad out FP16 to FP32, so you get equivalent FP16/FP32 performance compared to 1/64 on gaming nvidia.

AMD is good for uni students and learners getting into ML.
Not good at all for anyone doing real work though.

I got one back in november. Best GPU i've ever had

Fucking this. I was looking for this forever but the only card I could find at MSRP was a 1080 ti. Fucking miners man.

At least now I can see what the fuck hairworks and other Nvidia bullshit is all about.

Even when amd is shit you are still assblasted

>Miners do not buy it
Miners buy all the cards you moron. The ones that take up less watts aren't available anyway. This one happens to be great at monero mining.

I would. Fuck nvidya and their blob driver.

nvidia sucks for ganoo loonix

Remember how Sup Forums was saying Vega wouldn't be good for mining before launch? AMD even advertises the Frontier Edition for "Blockchain Pioneers."

It was annoying how heavily shilled Vega was because of primitive shaders. People were spamming the AMD whitepaper for months. ANY criticism of Vega would be responded to with "muh whitepaper." I don't like how AMD dropped it because I use Vega for gaming (got one at Microcenter for MSRP) but RTG fanboys were obnoxious.

I'd buy a Vega 64 if the price was right. But it's not even in stock. And I'm sure the price wouldn't be right even if it was. The RX 560 is priced like a RX 570. The RX 570 is priced like it's a Vega 64 and the Vega 64 isn't even in stock. The same goes for Nvidia's entire product line, outdated and heavily overpriced.

In short.. I would but a GPU and I would by a vega 64 but not at these prices. I'd also instantly buy a nvidia 1080 if price was around half of what retailers are charging.

>AMD has nothing that can compete
If you mean gaming then it doesn't even matter since there's nothing in the retail market-place trying to compete. It's obvious that these cards do compete in some areas since large mining farms are buying them by the pallet.

>miners do not buy it
Noticed how these cards are mostly not in stock and heavily overpriced yet sold out in hours when they are? Do you really think it's gamers who are buying these cards by the pallet?

I mean actual pallet when I write pallet. That's what the bigger miners are bidding on: pallets of cards.

To be honest, primitive shaders (or the idea) is an absolute gamechanger. AMD dropping that when first they said the Vega cards would have them is a fucking shitty move on their part, no excusing that.

I usually like AMD cards, the finewine is usually real, my RX480 has become significantly faster since I bought it. But I bought it half a year after release after sifting through thousands of reviews, because with AMD you often buy the cat in the bag if you buy on day one.

I just have nvidia's philosophy and their driver botnet shit. Also, downgrading their cards performance with drivers is an apple tier move that I really don't want to support, but AMD cards are a fucking disappointment recently.

56 - at least 550W
64 - at least 650W

But it depends on your other parts too, there are multiple wattage calculators out there.

/thread

I did. on launch day. at msrp :^)

>my RX480 has become significantly faster since I bought it

>niggabyte
absolutely and literally hot shit

who the fuck would buy a keyboard with a numpad is the real question

people who have jobs

Well not hardware wise of course, but through driver optimizations. Overclocking has become far easier too.

Not that you'd understand those subtleties, what with that picture of yours that you posted

People who actually use their computer for things besides vidya and funposting

>Not that you'd understand those subtleties

>needing the jewish piano and not using the top number keys
you people are fucking dumb

>jewish piano
that is how we out jew them you faggot

i can outjew them with the number row, you down-syndrome fucktard

>i can outjew them with the number row

nice try shekelberg but you won't trick me this time

i truly pity numpad-tards

Sorry your iM*c doesn't come with numberpad anymore, but that's no reason to shit on those who recognize how underwhelming Apple $hit is.

i have a keycool 87, a quickfire rapid-i (both with mx browns) and an rk61 (pic related)
i'd say you're the homosexual for using a numpad

MOAR HOTKEYS

how about more desk space? how about not spreading my arms out for no reason?

Stay virginal.

I have a MasterKeys Pro M as my numberpad keyboard.
It's not as good as my Pok3r for minimalism, and not as good as my Filco TKL for quality, but the layout it a great compromise.
I would prefer a left-hand numberpad over all else, but nobody makes that.

just get a separate numpad. quality chink ones are $30-40 with the switch of your choice

i fucking love the satin finish on the coolermaster keyboards, but the one thing i hate about my rapid-i is the pwm flicker even on full brightness that i sometimes notice. whoever picked pwm for the leds should be shot in the fucking head. my 2013 keycool does not have this issue

>i fucking love the satin finish

My Pro M sometimes makes that 'ping' sound, and the keys feel kinda mushy compared to my Filco, but yeah, otherwise it's great.
It's only white LED's because I got it for cheap on sale, but I haven't noticed any PWM on this model.

you should consider suicide

Get some better memes, or stop shitposting.

>Get some better memes

I'd post this
>confess your sins
thread, but that ones ded.

>I don't care for mechanical keyboards.
>I enjoy typing on my laptop specifically because it has scissor switches.
>When my current cheap mech keyboard kaks, I'm never looking back.

2560x1440 Freesync users that's about it.

Hardcore Miners aren't buying hardware. It is the last-minute idiots who are getting hardware for mining at current prices.

Me.
10K h/s on cryptonight aka best cards for mining atm

This meme of Nvidia slowing down old cards has been disproven time and again. Link a source saying otherwise.