Is it normal to feel like a brainlet when beginning to learn how to program?

Is it normal to feel like a brainlet when beginning to learn how to program?

Install gentoo

It is perfectly fine, keep motivated and try to learn in a way you get a result ASAP so you won't get bored, make a game or a website something you would enjoy fag

Yes. Literally learning a language / different way of thinking. Keep at it.

It starts coming together eventually

No, you are a retard.

Non-Japanese folks will also feel a bit stupid when learning Japanese for the first time. Just persevere, and it will get easier. Good luck user!

I'm learning C as my first programming language and learning japanese and japanese is fucking ridiculous in comparison, fucking jappers

It's taken me multiple attempts in the past to learn a language and all of them failed at some point, but this is about the 6th time and it's finally sticking, I'm actually writing programs that help me out day to day.

What I'm trying to say is if at first you fail, try again another time and it will all click together perfectly.

Out of interest what language are you trying to learn?

prolog

I'm taking an Intro to Computing class and we have to learn C

Oh, I mean if you find the right motivation it's easy learn/do most things. So idk, find some motivation to learn it like a future career path or something (It really helps if you enjoy doing it).

Good luck user

taken me 5 minutes to learn any language ever

Why...

Absolutely. That is why it is better to code with brain switch in off position.

If you're trying to bruteforce you way in yes.
So stop doing it, and instead try to make a shitty program to entertain yourself, and go learning along the way.

yes. you stop being a brainlet by learning more.

my intro to computing class has us using java and so far it is the easiest shit?

just writing programs to ask for input of variables and then manipulating those variables in various ways (calculating tip etc.) i hope it gets more engaging

Totally.
And it gets increasingly more fun as you go with it.
Unless you stick to languages that are very limiting, you will eventually realize that you can create "anything" which is a pretty great feeling.

The knowledge of one's own ignorance is generally a motivating factor to eliminate said ignorance

so if you feel stupid you probably are. deal with it proactively.

>based falcon still posts here

ahhhhhhh

>rubbing_cheeks.png

Unless you're a rightist, that's normal with everything. If you're rightwing you're generally going to have a fatal case of Dunning-Kruger and will argue with your professor/ignore your instruction manual/etc thinking you know better.

Get triggered, dumb frogposters.

kys

U mad, virgin?

kys

Because that's how pretty much every University does it these days.
You want to learn how to code at any Uni these days?
You will probably code in C, or at least run into it a lot.
It is fucking awful, and that is why every other language has been invented to stop dealing with all of the bullshit that you have to worry about in C.

:^)

kys

None of those are enjoyable
>tfw learned programming
>have no use for it
>actively hate technology more and more

No, unless you're leaning C++ or x86 assembly as your first language

Perfectly normal. If anyone says they didnt they are lying to you. Best way to build your confidence is to start using proramming to solve some daily problems like creating a program to solve tedious math problems on your homework, creating a simple task list app that you add features onto gradually like time stamps and google calendar integration.

I started with C++ and pained through until I realized that the strict syntax kept me from understanding the basics of program flow. I moved to Python, which allowed the freedom for me to explore more of the fundamental structures, data types, exception handling, parsing, with much clarity. I'll let the cucks come through and harass me with the pythonisameme meme. Python really helped to fuel my passion for math and analysis.

I guess the important thing boils down to the following... where do you stand? What aspects give you the most difficulty?

I can second this, start by learning, then learn by writing.

100% this.

It took half a dozen dives and meltdowns before I started making sense of things. Eventually, you begin to tackle problem-solving mentally in the format of a program. It came naturally, after a lot of persistence.

Yeah, I'm taking a beginners JavaScript class and I feel like a dumbass

You can't unlearn a disappointing lack of creativity.

I don't care. Technology sucks.

Yes. Unless you're gifted in that area, it'll probably take you two passes before you internalize it. Take another C class after this one. Maybe even the same class.

Don't think so. I started when I was a kid doing really simple input output stucc and it came easy to me in the beginning.

new languages were made because people were to brainlet to program in C, and any additions to C would ruin it's scope.

The real way to feel like a brainlet is to look at old code you wrote and realize how dumb you were

kek

Exactly.
I get how much C does at very basic level of a computer. It's scope is it's greatest strength, and because is was first it created a lot of standards that everyone follows now;

But how many modern programmers work in C unless they absolutely have to? I used it use it a lot, but that was because I was working with Microcontrollers. At that level there isn't anything ELSE besides C.

Fuck i'm too drunk. Thx Engineering school.

I feel like a retarded kid the wizard keeps around to sweep the floor and occasionally sodomize on dull evenings, reading from a spell book accidentally left out and just reciting that shit with no real comprehension its meaning nor purpose.

How can you NOT understand programming? Seriously wtf is it that you dont understand?

You should feel retarded for quite a long time.

Programming has a long learning process and if you're not feeling overwhelmed every day, then you are doing it wrong.

As people have already mentioned, you just need to keep going and don't stray from your plan.

dumb "dumb frog poster" poster