What's the single best artist Sup Forums has ever recommended to you?

What's the single best artist Sup Forums has ever recommended to you?

It certainly wasn't Vektor.

Belle and Sebastian

That one or Current 93

The Beatles

definitely Vektor

probably Moonsorrow or Nokturnal Mortum

Time Machine Modulus, Banished Souls of Forbidden Desire, The Dicklick Brigade, Car Seat Headrest, the list goes on.

The Books

bjork
she has such incredible range, both genre-wise and vocal-wise

runner up would be radiohead because i would have never given them a chance if it weren't for you guys

I was recommended Kayo Dot and Amon Du:u:l's 'Yeti' in a thread I made and I'm very thankful.

girlfriends
dude is seriously talented. someone just recommended me him in another thread

>Car Seat Headrest,
meme name but its actually not a meme band and really pretty good

Flying Lotus

radiohead. new to music

that fishmans

How do I get into current 93? I listened to "I am the Last of all" ages go when it came out and I was creeped out.

who dis?

probably morphine

Big Black

King Crimson's Larks Tongues in Aspic

Try pic related or Thunder Perfect Mind. If you want something more personal with less instrumentation, then go for Soft Black Stars or Sleep Has His House. Current 93 isn't always dark, but it is almost always quite sad.

I think the only artist I regularly listen to that I first heard from on Sup Forums is the Legendary Pink Dots. But even that's blurry and I didn't start listening to them due to Sup Forums. Now that I look back, I never really found anything incredible here in my years of browsing Sup Forums. Everything I listen to was found by myself or from another source. That's depressing.

Death Grips
Radiohead
Vektor
Kanye West

Lorelle meets the Obsolete
It was on a 3x3 thread.

I was going to say Grouper, but then I remembered I actually listened to Dragging... years earlier.

Red House Painters

This album is the best thing Sup Forums ever recommended to me.

This and talking heads

Split between Talk Talk and These New Puritans.

And also just encouraging me to delve into artists that I was familiar with but didn't fully appreciate before I started coming here. Was skeptical of artists like Anco and Joanna even though I acknowledged their talents, and now they're really two of my favorites.

Also classical music in general. Just finding out what i like and what i don't. I can't stress enough how good Sup Forums has been for me. Stay beautiful gems. I love you.

def Red House Painters, Carissa's Wierd, Low and Slint

wtf. where have you been all this time?

you're full of shit.

IIRC it was Joanna Newsom or [spoiler]Neutral Milk Hotel[/spoiler].

unwound