Hey linux fags- what's your favourite music players?

I'm hopping between players at the moment trying to look for one with good focus on album art. Ideally i'd live a player with just the album art and a play button. Does anything match this description?

Also general linux music thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

gmusicbrowser.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>moc—music on console
simple & effective terminal player

I don't listen to proprietary music. If the copyright license doesn't let me copy, modify and redistribute it, then it doesn't respect my freedoms and is unethical.

well you see all my music is covers of old classical music played on an upside-down kettle and a stick

gmusicbrowser

gmusicbrowser.org/
check the screenshots

>pic related
This is what it can look like, with desktop widget plugin

This or mpd+ncmpcpp are the only valid answers.

wicked thanks
sorry but does the widget come ready installed or is it some add on package? If so what's it called. This is exactly what i was looking for

also ncmpcpp here, it just werks

mpv

I use Arch, it's is the package (aur package "gmusicbrowser").
>pic related
Don't know for other distros.

If you have some sounds problems, try to change the audio backend (audio tab).
I had some problems with mpg123/ogg123, it was fixed by using gstreamer or mpv.

you're the greatest fellow arch user

I use foobar with asio on Windows, what should I use on loonooks?

>buyers market and bird seed
what the fuck is wrong with you dude?

a lot

Quod Libet.

I use deadbeef. It's basically an open source foobar2000

Pardon me for one moment. What you are calling Linux, is in actuality, GNU/Linux, or as I have nicknamed it, GNU plus Linux. Linux isn't an operating system by itself, but it is just another part of the GNU system, which has been extended in functionality via various GNU components (including GNU's shell utilities and corelibs) which only then fit the definition of a complete operating system as outlined by POSIX.

There are many people today who are running the GNU operating system without even being aware of it. Through a strange turn of events, a misnomer has emerged where people refer to a widely used version of the GNU system as "Linux", unaware that the proper name for the system they run is the GNU operating system.

Now while they are in fact using Linux, it is only one component of the system that they run. Linux is used as the kernel: the part of an operating system which distributes a machine's resources to other programs which request them. While this functionality is essential for the successful functioning of a system, it cannot function on its own, it needs an operating system within which it can carry out its functions. Linux is commonly paired with the GNU operating system: the entirety of the system is GNU with the addition of Linux, or GNU/Linux. Every single "Linux Distribution" is actually a distribution of GNU/Linux.

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

mpv --no-video

I'm using Audacious because I prefer simple players. But Clementine is the best choice for not only Linux but Windows and Mac too, imho.

/thread