Is this the end of C++'s reign of terror?

Is this the end of C++'s reign of terror?
Will programming finally be sane again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop shilling, write tools instead.

The borrow checker is forever trash.
Syntax is also worse than C++, if you can believe it.
Features are better but it's not worth it.

Rust is slower at compiling, has less resources to pick from the interwebs tree, and does the same operations overall more slowly than C++, the only thing faster than C++ would be C, and the only thing faster than C would be fortran and Assembly.

>mfw some rustfag tries o convince himself his gay nigger shit of a language can compete with anything

>Rust is slower at compiling,
Wrong, C++ compile times are glacial.
Also traits can commonly outperform analagous C++ constructs but that's one case out of many. Overall Rust is slower, largely due to the shitty ways you're forced to structure your program

do you think it's a coincidence that so many anti-rust posts are also obviously shitposts?

You don't like CoCk up you ass?

I honestly can't notice much of a difference, but hell, I can compile all of UE4 in 8 minutes.

That's nowhere close to my experience performance wise, tell me more.

I can compile around 80 million lines of templates code in 10 seconds on my cluster, linking takes 2 seconds.

Rust would take hours.

is that the dumb bitch being hired by mozilla

But in the real world most rust programs that have C or C++ analogs are notably faster? ripgrep, collenchyma, leaf, etc. are great examples thereof.

t. never tried compiling a rust program.

>Wrong, C++ compile times are glacial.
Obviously you've never used either language.
Rust always compiled a lot slower than any of my C++ projects, even just for simple Rust programs.

Except I have.
And what's funny is that all the Rust programs I compiled were trivial programs, and yet they STILL compiled much slower than my much larger C++ projects with lots of template abuse.
LOL

t. mozilla shill

>on my cluster
how that works? distcc?

t. increasingly nervous woman/man/thing

turn on LTO if you really want to kill some time

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

And the compiler is even slower than g++

I do like Rust, but ripgrep is cheating a bit by ignoring whatever files it sees in any .gitignore it visits. Because usually you don't want to search the .git folder or the any binary files, which ripgrep ignores by default. This is why it's "faster" in practice (there are options to turn this behaviour off). But many people are comparing apples to oranges when it comes to comparing ripgrep and grep.

Do I need to cut off my dick before learning this language?

no, just caging it is enough

I could be wrong but last I checked it's with this behavior off that ripgrep was compared to grep and found to be faster. Of course people would prefer ripgrep to grep because of the cheat rather than the small speed improvement, but still.

you should be doing this in a pretty dress for maximum programming power level anyway

Coq or Idris is better

Well Firefox took like 3.5 hours to compile on my PC.

Firefox is almost entirely C++.