What went wrong?

what went wrong?

9 is a shitty number.

Glued together garbage

Nothing. Just don't overclock it very far without good cooling, or delid it if you want to overclock further.

Premium EXTREME edition $1000+ doesn't come soldered, have to delid for any chance of a good overclock >the literal state of Intel

>soldered
Huh?

instead of using cheap paste to transfer heat from the die to the heat spreader intel used to solder them directly for good transfer of heat, they still do for their enterprise xenons.

Server-tier CPU rejects, the 7900X and 7920X are the only SKUs that make remotely any sense.

7940X, 7940X, 7980XE are bloody jokes. You might as well get a real Xeon W chip.

>doesn't know about soldered Intel CPUs
Has it been this long? Was Sandy vagina the last soldered line?

AMD

IIRC Broadwell-E were still soldered

ThreadRipper was just as powerful or more for much less.

>ThreadRipper was just as powerful or more for much less.

>toothpaste
>Threadripper
>Shit pcie lanes

Kabylake X
Raid dongles
Reduced pcie lanes on the i7 models
Being 1/6 of the energy density of the surface of the sun when overclocked and giving positive temps under LN

Anything x299 was a mess. At least its memory controller wasn't a mess like Haswell chips on x99

Seven ate Nine

Pointless segmentation where PCIE lane count was determined by CPU
Shitty thermal paste under the heat spreader
Ran stupidly hot due to the above mentioned
Rushed development that shows in the motherboards made for it

HEDT chips and Xeons were soldered right up until X299 (and I'm sure Xeons still are). Intel just went full kike with Skylake-X. Apparently they weren't expecting Ryzen to be such a success, which is why they had to panic-release Covfefe Lake to make up for an otherwise-disastrous year.

>nobody buying i9
>people still buy i7
I guess you could say 7 8 9

Intel was greedy with the toothpaste.
Motherboards/CPUs don't respect TDP often, making it a housefire in exchange for some performance boost.
Prices could be lower - Intel is lucky the mobo makers suck his cock and provided 10x as much motherboards for is compared to Threadripper and sell them for $100 less, else they would be completel embarassed by TR 1950X.

The memes got too real.

Not soldered

Housefires

Wat

Haswell-E, no problems here

hot garbage

They basically made the "extreme" line into a separate tier.. then for whatever fucking reason included an i5, making it so that for proper i9 support you needed integrated graphics support, even though even i7 enthusiast boards don't have that.
Then the next week they released the 8000 series, making more than half the i9s redundant because a cheaper, better i7 was available.
Also the i9-XE is massively difficult to keep cool, so even though it is a beast, it's got problems.

I don't believe you. Post the data sheet.

Oh, and somewhere in there AMD came along and massively undercut them with unlocked CPUs that are tuning friendly. Even if a Threadripper won't beat an i9XE in single-thread, it does win the hearts of many enthusiasts.

The United nations nuclear proliferation treaty

It was something they planned to undercut ryzen with, but it backfired since Ryzen was actually good. Their plan was to release this and then stall for time by releasing more rehash garbage so the i9 would stay relevant, but they needed to release their new stuff right away else lose to ryzen.

More heat = more GHz = more performance?

Intel being idiots once again.

>Nothing Just don't use it's full potential
and you will be safe user