AV Club gives AMSP a B

Radiohead BTFO!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/radiohead-a-moon-shaped-pool-20160510
slate.com/articles/arts/music_box/2016/05/radiohead_s_a_moon_shape_pool_is_prettier_when_you_take_the_band_less_seriously.html
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/radiohead-a-moon-shaped-pool-new-album-review-pleasure-and-despair-as-band-lets-themselves-be-a7020376.html
spin.com/2016/05/review-radiohead-a-moon-shaped-pool/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
ondarock.it/recensioni_lista.php?anno=2016
scaruffi.com/vol6/radiohea.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>junk above AMSP

Dropped

The only rating I care aboit is the one i gave to it: 9/10

These look like IGN scores

>Beyoncé - Lemonade
>A-
>M83 - Junk
>A-
Wew lad, why should I give a shit about the AV club?

>A$AP same rating as Aesop

this is a joke list

NME gave it a 4/5 as well

It's the very definition of a "B" album

>A$AP Ferg post Trap Lord
>B+

>Junk - A-

Junk is better than AMSP tho.

Don't tell me you're one of "those" people that stands perfectly still at gigs with their arms crossed.

>AV Club

lmao

what the fuck is this rating system
by that scale everything major that came out recently is an 80% or above
seriously what the fuck were they thinking

rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/radiohead-a-moon-shaped-pool-20160510

>flow-flying panic attacks

Radiohead confirmed Rob Zombie tier.

There are literally no scores below a B. It seems to me like they just aren't that passionate or dont have any standards. Also giving the Ferg album a B+ is ridiculous.

there's nothing wrong with their rating system, they just work on a 4 point scale from B- to A- :^)

>Junk is better than AMSP tho.
this is grade A contrarianism

>always Strive got a b+
Did they even listen to it?

slate.com/articles/arts/music_box/2016/05/radiohead_s_a_moon_shape_pool_is_prettier_when_you_take_the_band_less_seriously.html

wew lad, this writer is a chode.

ASAP FERG B+

I wish I could be a chode

Junk had some memorable melodies, and even a few well placed textures. AMSP on the other hand was the epitome of bland.
None of the textures featured on the album could be thought of as well placed and/or ear pleasing. Thom's vocals are dull as usual,
despite trying his hardest to evoke some sort of emotion out of the listener. I think Radiohead are a skilled band, but this release was
far from great. It's being overhyped by radiohead fanboys, and you know it. It's like The Phantom Menace all over again.

>lower than M83, Beyonce, Ferg

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/radiohead-a-moon-shaped-pool-new-album-review-pleasure-and-despair-as-band-lets-themselves-be-a7020376.html
>This is a low-fi banker tax

Junk was an apt name
>AMSP on the other hand was the epitome of bland
blanket statement
>None of the textures featured on the album could be thought of as well placed and/or ear pleasing. Thom's vocals are dull as usual,
again your shit opinion. The reason Junk was panned universally is because it's fucking cheap, plastic kitschy retro synth music with no real value. It's not even done in an interesting or engaging way like Neon Indian's last record was. It comes as no surprise really - whereas you're still lauding a pitchfork hype-meme artist who has been "junk" for years, you fail to recognise something which will surpass all of this, and live on in public memory for years to come.

AMSP worse than junk comfirmed

>you fail to recognise something which will surpass all of this

And what exactly does AMSP excel in? If any band other than Radiohead dropped this turd, you guys wouldn't care about it. I'm starting to think the vast majority of radiohead fans are just normies who have had no exposure to legitimately innovative acts like Zappa, Sonic Youth, or MBV. Therefore, they cream themselves the second they encounter a "competent" band in the Top 40s charts as if they're the second coming.

>All that shit above AMSP
Top kek, get fucked Radiocucks

>mfw Redditors thought ASMP would be Dark Side 2.0

>launch – that goofy word, as if LPs were space ships!
:):):)

>going to the AV Club for music reviews
there's your problem

They actually have it a lower score than The King of Limbs

What the fuck

>And what exactly does AMSP excel in?
It's detailed arrangements, seamless combination of organic, orchestral instrumentation with electronic noodling, and song structures which unravel and a detailed production making itself clear.

Not everyone just likes
>"woo geetar moosic"
you know...

What's ironic is that you value innovation yet still think Junk is better than AMSP.

Totally deserved. TKOL sounded far more adventurous than this sleepy and unoriginal record. Even Thom alone put more work in his solo records. Despite the faults, they're more interesting than AMSP, because you can actually ear how he invested himself in these. Something is terrible wrong with AMSP and I don't get Sup Forums's overall appeal for this album.

>I need my music to be upbeat and loud!

Edward Sharpe got an A-
>mfw

>Something is terrible wrong with AMSP
you know what comes after that don't you
>WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!

No, you're an idiot and AMSP is a fantastic record.

>Lemonade topped AMSP

legit as fuck

>Most of the complaints on the Metacritic page are "muh hooks"

I don't think AMSP is a 10/10 but this is seriously unfair.

Even M FUCKING 83 has a higher note.

NUMALES ON SUICIDE WATCH

nice

I love ambient music. I can listen to 30-minute pieces without feeling either bored or upset. Yet, on AMSP, apart from Daydreaming, I can't remember any of the melodies after 5 listenings. A record can be pretty and well-crafted without being really appreciable. I listen to Radiohead for more than a decade now, maybe I'm just fed up with their formula, but I'm under the impression the band is worn out too.

spin.com/2016/05/review-radiohead-a-moon-shaped-pool/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

9 from Spin. Interesting cause I remember that at one point they were very Anti-Radiohead

>It's detailed arrangements, seamless combination of organic, orchestral instrumentation with electronic noodling, and song structures which unravel and a detailed production making itself clear.

I could use the same description for an Owl City album. Face it, you guys can't explain what makes AMSP special, because it isn't special.

4/5 is an A you nonce 3.5/5 would be a b

4/5 is 80% therefore a B

lmao @ the spin

>Rob Zombie
>B
kek

the only relevant ratings will be posted here:
ondarock.it/recensioni_lista.php?anno=2016
and here: scaruffi.com/vol6/radiohea.html

>av club
literally the nu-male's source for all things nu-male

i havent even listened to the new rh but you need to kill yourself as soon as possible if you read the av club