Mfw i just bought this

>mfw i just bought this
how much did fuck up?

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Acer-Predator-Helios-300-7700HQ-GTX-1060-Full-HD-Laptop-Review.242962.0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=IKAKcgYIHWY
amazon.com/Steklo-Aluminium-Adjustable-Portable-Universal/dp/B00VIZ60QY/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1518762345&sr=8-14&keywords=portable laptop stand
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>17"
You'll come to regret it, just like I did.
Seems decent otherwise

>gaming laptop
you really fucked up user.

>Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz (Turbo up to 3.8GHz)
Naaahh, you'r stupid man

yeah, thats the reason why i didnt buy an asus laptop. couldnt find one with a 6gb 1060 that was 15.6"

it was the only offer with a 120hz display, i really wanted a laptop that would last and have a decent screen athe same time.

hey, i need the portability. i move around alot

whats wrong? not like itll bottleneck or anything?

>i need the portability. i move around alot

didn't fuck up too hard, though you could've gotten this
Then again, that does have a 1tb hard rive and I know people that like 17 inch screens

When user doesn't have any counterarguments and resorts to making greentext with a "brainlet" image

Leaving aside that its asus and you will get no warranty its a really good deal.

>Buying Acer
>Ever

yeah i was thinking of that, but i was just too afraid that the screen wouldnt be good enough. im used to an old glossy display on an hp laptop, and if i want an upgrade EVERYTHING must be better.

i bought a couple acer laptops in the past, they're not too bad. But of course Sup Forums will obviously disagree with me

Cool, a $1400 PC in 2018 with 2013 $900 desktop performance levels

It'll serve you well and won't die within 2 years

Go on buildapcsales and wait for a laptop sale you dolt

$1400 if you take GPU prices in consideration.

Specs look good. Price is alright. I think you did fine user. Couldn't tell you about build quality first-hand, but ASUS usually makes good stuff.
Weight may be a problem, depending on what back you use. I usually lug around a W530 and T460s in one backpack, so honestly you're probably fine..

notebookcheck.net/Acer-Predator-Helios-300-7700HQ-GTX-1060-Full-HD-Laptop-Review.242962.0.html
found a review of that laptop, it states its using a full hd ips display , though it doesn't have a 120hz display like the one in your pic

Putting aside that it's a gaming laptop, those specs aren't at all bad for the price.

its just that i looked at a view amazon reviews, and youtuber dave lee says the screen is where they cheaped on the most. like i hear i can be dim at times, and i just dont know if i want that for at least 5 years.
he reviewed mine saying its an amazing display
youtube.com/watch?v=IKAKcgYIHWY

Sup Forums is full of children.

I just got this last week
Its a smudge magnet but it's been serving me pretty well

>17" gaming laptop
However, operating on the assumption that you knew what you wanted, you honestly didn't really fuck up. It's basically average in terms of price, and high but not extreme in terms of specs, so should work well.

Their customer service is dogshit... but otherwise looks decent...

And by dogshit, i'm talking several cases of ASUS blaming bad designs (hinges) on the individual, including saying its up to the customer to make sure all screws (including internal) are tightened, BUT they void out warranty if you tell them you've taken it apart.

Also, if you have to backup the data, they tell you to 'take it to best buy' and pay 150 bucks basically for a "super complicated data backup"...

I'm absolutely over ASUS computers, I'll take their motherboards any day, but fuck the laptops

I paid 130$ for this Dell Inspiron 13 7368 with 8GB ram, no HDD, doesn't turn on. I'm receiving it next week. Did I fuck up? Worst case scenario I sell DDR4 ram for the same price of what I paid + sell rest or whatever.

>Doesn't turn on
Well you are going to spend 2-4 hours trying to fix it.
I hope you have a heat gun or a really strong hair dryer to reflow it if that is the problem.

Well my hair dryer gets pretty fucking hots (smoke after a while niggo) so I guess? Also what for, solder joints?

Also, I'd rather spend 200$ on a nearly-new laptop than buy it used for 700$. CPU is even slightly newer than my current CPU (6th gen i7) so yeah.

Acer and asus are really your oloy choice for the high high refresh gaming crap. Wish i could get a 1440p 120hz gsync without having to buy their disgusting rog and predator monitors

When a computer stops working its likely thanks to a BGA chip problem, you have to melt the solder balls with something.
CPU, Chipset, etc.
Google reflow or BGA reflow.
And if it can do 180°C for 2-3 minutes then its good enough.

You rarely need a better CPU than a 2nd gen I5, if anything its for the GPU.

> I peed

alright so all i really wish is this thing isnt too loud, at least on idle and watching youtube and shit. Anyone here had problems with gaming laptops being too loud?

My CPU is a chinese QHQG i7 from Aliexpress so. Cost me 160$USD so it's pretty nice. Paired with a 70$USD Z170-A and 140$USD 2X8GB Kingston HyperX ram, I think it's pretty decent. Better than buying new and pretty much same price as i5.

That you have an actual CPU and GPU on them with a small aluminium heatsink instead a full cooper one.

>I need portability
>17"

its still a laptop, i can move around the house with it. im not planning on taking it outside, and get robbed

Seems pretty solid for it's purpose.
Except if it has a shitty 2C/4T.

Not OP but it has a HQ CPU so he is fine.

>its still a laptop, i can move around the house with it
what's the point?
did you buy a toaster oven for your bathroom so you can cook in every room too?

get some organization in your life

>im not planning on taking it outside, and get robbed
>implying the robber would be able to run under the gargantuan weight of your "lap"top

>tfw recently bought the v17 nitro at the same price but it only has 60hz as opposed to 120hz on the ROG

fug

>gaming laptop
what a fucking faggot lol.

As GPU prices are they dont are a bad option right now.

>Everything I don't like is soy and other guides to a petulant child's argument

>did you buy a toaster oven for your bathroom so you can cook in every room too?
yes...

>gaming in 2018
okey gramps

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

At least you bought it from Costco, just return it to any warehouse within 90 days of purchase.

Eh, I had a G750 for years and it was a good investment. You could get a whole hell of a lot better specs for the price on a desktop or AIO but is ya gotta be mobile you could have done worse.

>it was a good investment

I got the razer blade like a fucking idiot. Overpriced and loud as shit. Would not recommend. Someone go kill past me.

okey, old timah

alot since its not xps 15

Kek. That keyboard is hilarious

Yep. Consider how much air a desktop needs to move to keep its CPU+GPU cool. Now imagine the same parts squeezed into a much smaller space with smaller vents and smaller fans. You need faster airflow to push anything like the same volume of air through, fewer smaller fans to fit in there, and more blow per fan. That all adds up to an assload of noise and hot air.

Gonna stick with my recommendation of a beefy gaming desktop at home plus a lightweight midrange laptop with integrated graphics for on the go.

man..if i had my own apartement or somethin i would. i still live with my parents and im just used to the laptop ordeal of being able to use it any room.

what if i just played light gaming? it should be quieter with less graphic intensive games right?

usually it'd be stupid as fuck but considering the current GPU and RAM prices it's only slightly stupid so you're fine.

I have the FX502VM here user. Good machine. Performance is as expected. Games hold up well but I haven't been playing a whole lot. Battery life is pretty shite not going to lie. Keyboard is alright. I think 17" is a fuck up but the rest of it is pretty decent

Give him a break, he just wants to wank while lying in bed.

Should be quieter. I recommend a laptop stand. I have this: amazon.com/Steklo-Aluminium-Adjustable-Portable-Universal/dp/B00VIZ60QY/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1518762345&sr=8-14&keywords=portable laptop stand

>Battery life is pretty shite
if it lasts 3hrs idle, thats amazing to me. tell me about the SOUND, how loud is it web browsing and idle/mid performance/ and high end gaming?

>being able to use it any room
Steam in-home streaming. You run the game on the desktop and stream it to the laptop, which only has to be powerful enough to play videos the resolution you're playing at.

And yeah a gaming laptop will be less noisy if you use it at less than 100% utilization. But then why spend as much as you are on this powerful a laptop?

It's actually quite quiet while browsing, when the fans kick in at medium gaming it's bearable but at high end gaming....yeah it's bad, get a pair of headphones to block the noise lol

aight, you give me faith user. itll come in a few days, hope it comes in working as perfect

>i still live with my parents

just WHAT do you want

Still running strong on my G750 for 3+years now. Still great and runs cool as always. That's one thing I bought it for, so that it doesn't get retard-hot and loud. A great portable desktop-replacement.

OP, If you use it for what you bought it for, then it is a good purchase. ASUS laptops are pretty good quality. However, with their thinner laptops with that kind of hardware, id be cautious of heat and noise, however with current trends, it shouldn't be terrible, especially if you are using headphones.

Enjoy your Portable Gaming machine/Workhorse, OP.

wait, whats the improvement between this and an x230 or t230 with i7?

You didn't fuck up and Costco is the shit. Picked this up a couple of weeks ago and I love it.