Currently on pic related documentation page, is it worth learning?

Currently on pic related documentation page, is it worth learning?

no

yes

maybe

it depends

Who knows ?

/thread

No. JavaScript is all you need today.

how you like them Apples?

>you declare constants with "let"
Into the trash it goes.

If you programming for iPhone

What's wrong with that?

this
right now it's mostly useful for apple products and servers
so if you think about doing other things don't it's not there yet(but probably will be)

anons can get mad all they want, but this here is the truth. Apple can't expect to keep milking the App Store cow while businesses migrate to PWAs and they know it. WebKit is already putting Service Workers in their latest preview; full PWA support on Safari is more than likely by the end of the year.

with time, it makes less and less sense to make native apps. it makes almost no sense at all to start learning a language devoted to a dying technology in 2018. learn how to make Web Apps instead and use stopgap measures like React Native if you have to while we're in the period of transition. not only is Web not going away anytime soon, it's taking over.

Did you even try to use PWAs on mobile? They work like garbage. No one is going to go towards them.

if you're referring to performance, then look up WebAssembly. yes, i have used Twitter Lite and several other eCommerce PWAs and i haven't had any issues with them.

Its Sup Forums

For mobile AND Desktop dev sure.
For mobile alone, go with React

If you need to develop for iOS or macOS yes. In all other cases no.

I hope Apple and Google ban react native/electron/javascript trash from their stores. Someone has to put a stop to this shit.

>ban react native/electron/javascript
this

don't worry, once all your favourite apps transition to javascript, there will be no need for app stores.

I am here just to say that Android is a trash

If you want to work in Apple system. Watch,iphone mac applications - all apps are written in swift these days. It's suppose to be Objective C(shit lang) replacement.

that would entail banning Facebook apps and we know that's not gonna happen ever

If you want to make some apps on your won then yes.
If you want to be a valleyfag who works as a "professional" iOS developer, no. Most "app companies" work strictly with Objective C.

The Facebook Android and iOS apps don't use react native or JavaScript. Their iOS app is written in Objective-C and Swift and the Android app is written in Java (they automatically generate a lot of the Java from Objective-C libraries).