Post suggestions for changes and I will ignore them most likely

Post suggestions for changes and I will ignore them most likely.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zwm8fT3llP0
youtube.com/watch?v=HS5ZkPXkto0
wavelength2.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

Sheikh to the Future needs to be in the top.

Still seven decades ahead of its time.

Noise rock and harsh noice being in the same tier is preety dumb desu

hampus is a pretty strong believer in that both are talentless garbage for idiots.

you're so cool xd

>no broken beat
>no modern/deep funk
>no Garifuna
>no Ripsaw music

I didn't say I agreed with him.

a lot of harsh noise has stochastic qualities though
and people like xenakis are somehow both

What is some of the best martial industrial?

broken beat's there great reading skills

>thinking I bothered even opening it

You bothered enough to post twice in this thread.

*thrice

You are more pathetic now than you were three years ago. What are you doing?

Well it'll all be type 0 anyway innit

Studying and being way too busy to listen to music.

Where's djent and slam

djent is litterally the first one

I don't see third stream anywhere? Maybe I'm overlooking it, but imo should be type-III

Surprisingly correct.

Also I'd argue that sonorism is more fitted for type IV, because it shows more similarities with eg serialism and isn't so detached from most stuff as the other things in type V are.

Can you fail?

What do you mean?

doom metal, tahitian polyphony, georgian polyphony, fado, plainsong, chamber pop (unless you class that under (the presumably more restrictive) baroque pop), native american traditional musics, mongolian throat singing (or any turkic-mongolian music), slack-key guitar, musical theatre, grime, footwork, trap, ethio-jazz, rock in opposition.
why is ebm higher than ragtime?

Now you're overstepping your boundaries son.

You been drinking brew for breakfast?

by yodeling do you mean country yodeling or the alpine kind? or just any yodeling?
close harmony too. and piedmont blues. and ECM jazz (unless you consider it "smooth")

Hm

I also do not know what you are referring to with this, but I have been drinking, yes.

Why is Nu-Metal at type 0?

m8

youtube.com/watch?v=zwm8fT3llP0

Cool, thanks.

because of crap like alien ant farm and deftones

>Danger Music
wtf is that

Because there isn't a type -1?

Nu-Metal shouldn't be at type 0, it should be at type 1, there is definitely some experimental stuff from earlier on from it and some of the people helped push it out before it was called nu-metal like Primus were heavily into solos and experimentation.

Some of this will be taken into consideration.

>nu metal was experimental

just listened to no input for the first time
surprisingly, really really pleasant textures

Why doesn't this have a list of related bands?

Limp fucking Bizkit vs John Cage

Seriously?

i figured some of it would be. could you answer either of my questions?
I mean Jimi Hendrix is mainstream..
it's a fun genre to toy with if you have the gear yerself.

definitely more experimental than thrash metal, arguably more experimental than death metal

it doesnt seem to be based on "degrees" of experimentation anyways, otherwise all traditional musics would be type 0, but rather on popular appeal, kinda loosely of course

guess you can just google

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=HS5ZkPXkto0

Or GG allin but only if you are at one of his shows

This - it was relatively experimental in the context of where it emerged from. Nobody sounded like Korn back in the day - they completely ran their careers into the ground by not evolving to nurture the eccentricities on their first couple of records... but they had a unique sound that got copied endlessly. We got little tastes of how far Deftones would stretch their sound from the start, Incubus' first album has a bunch of odd riffs, funky hip hop breaks and trippy interludes, Slipknot have dabbled in pretty intense dark soundscapes (515, Iowa, Gently, Scissors) System of a Down have an undeniably completely unique sound whether you like them or not, and genre cross-pollination in general was abound in that era - to mixed results obviously.
Nobody's pretending this stuff holds a candle to the achievements and breakthroughs of the avant-garde and experimental music of the past, no shit. But people have always seemed to look back upon the entire era of nu metal and just rememebered the overblown weirdo aesthetic and the disingenuous fake angst a lot of the fucking awful copycat bands went for. But it was a time where a lot of playful tinkering went on, and I've always thought it was a far more interesting time in mainstream rock than certainly anything in the 80's or after its decline in the early '00s.

why were nu metal guy's posts deleted?

What would be the level of that tonefield sub-genre created by Sup Forums?
wavelength2.bandcamp.com/