People always say the best jobs are had through networking, but how do you do it!?

People always say the best jobs are had through networking, but how do you do it!?

Talk to people.

OP BTFO

Where do I go to do that as a NEET

Meetups. meetup.com is your friend.

Marry a jewess and go to synagogue

What would you suggest?

Get ccna and ccnp and you are good to go for networking job

rope

I legitimately tried this.
Don't repeat my mistake, lads. You'll make it two or three years TOPS.

epic meme

Get work at whatever IT startup that doesn't look like it will fail within a week you can get, get close to your boss and the core members, involve yourself heavily with the firm, practically make it your life and become indispensable, try to get in on whatever meetings with other firms they have, blow those away with your professionalism and know how, once you think you've gotten all the important contacts you could get out of your current firm approach one of them off the record and ask whether their firm is recruiting, make sure it doesn't come across as if you are simply a jumper, don't rant about your old colleagues, etc, standard stuff really. At your new firm you do the same shit. Every time you jump ship you should aim for a higher position and make sure your new firm understands it can profit heavily from all the contacts you've made across the industry. The more contacts you seem to have the more people will jump over each other to try and become one of them, it's really just the starting out that's hard, after a while it will all almost happen on its own.

It's been 2 years after graduation in my shitty canadian city and I'm stuck on the starting, and nobody in the US will take me until I've started. All the tech jobs here are taken by pajeets for like 30k ;_;

Hate this country.

Don't try exclusively applying at the big firms, unless you are extremely overqualified it's most likely not gonna happen.
It's way easier to find work that will give you some experience and work to throw on your portfolio at start ups or smaller companies that are just upgrading their shit and starting to develop an IT presence.

get a degree

neck yourself

I have one.
No

CompTIA Networking+

>I have one.
Then it's piss easy.

also Canadian
also degreed
also (mostly) unemployed
it suucks here, unless you've got family connections or diversity status.

How do you pull off that first job? I feel like such an impostor applying any where.

I want to go to America. How do I get to America.

why would I know?

I don't know I just hoped someone would.

If you don't have a network, just focus on building a github profile during your NEET time.