WHY THE FUCK PEOPLE BUY MAC ??

WHY THE FUCK PEOPLE BUY MAC ??

AND WHY THE FUCK PEOPLE BUY MAC FOR GAMING ?

WHAT IS THEIR MENTAL ISSUE ?

People who lack their own identity so they purchase one in the form of the things they buy

Hey OP, I'm posting on a Mac because I like UNIX based operating systems, need Photoshop(not GIMP), and just don't want to worry about my computer. GNU+Linux is fine for my laptop but when I need to get actual work done I use my Mac Pro 2012

my mom bought a mac cause it just werks and she doesnt into computer very well, its nice cause she doesnt use it much and when she does i never have to troubleshoot anything

>sperging out this hard over other peoples choices in technology

Stop hating on things that does not matter.
And kys afterwards.

Probably because they can

How much does this trigger you OP ?

Unix based system with a desktop environment that just works

Two very different demographics that both have their needs fulfilled by a mac

WHERE ARE THE CONTROL KEYS

>>WHAT IS THEIR MENTAL ISSUE ?

0. Conspicuous consumerism
1. Apple marketing lies that their products are more durable
2. Insular cult-like community that reinforces cognitive biases
3. High expense psychologically tricks consumers into believing it's a better product
4. Apple products are easily compatible with one another (like all PC parts) but marketed to be somehow moreso
5. #3 and #4 combine to create sunk cost fallacy
6. #0 and #2 combine to formulate "elite apple consumers" vs "unwashed other" that perpetuates the cycle of abuse
7. Apple makes false and unsubstantiated claims their products are ethically sourced. Their tin is harvested with slave child labor and their chinese factories have been outed as unethical for years. Their entire supply chain is fucked. #2 shields them from this criticism.
8. OS has a bad workflow that makes it difficult or nearly impossible to switch to another OS. Would have to replace all software and processes.

Partially a cult, partially they want their computers to be like refrigerators (don't care how they work). The only real issue I have with Apple is the quality of their software as some of it totally fucking sucks.

Because they work well, don't have to be baby sat, have excellent build quality, just all around good products. Some competitors products are better in one way or another but they always have fatal flaws. For example you buy a Macbook, you get a computer that's a good portable size, has an excellent screen, good build quality, good battery life, a great OS right out of the box. Yeah there are computers you can buy that may have better specs but they come with Windows 10 (which is dogshit), or they have crappy displays (looking at you Thinkpads), or they're heavy or have shit warranties.

I'm a music producer, worked with some well-known names in hip-hop industry.

The money I make with 1 (one) 3-minute song pays off 10 of those 18-core iMac stuff.

Just be a productive human bean and you will not need to bitch about computer prices on a anonymous imageboard anymore.

>WHY THE FUCK PEOPLE BUY MAC ??
Because the only other reasonable alternative is a Windows 10 computer.

Windows 10
>forced updates
>uninstalls your software on updates, or installs unwanted software
>has ads
>transmits all your usage information to MS including screenshots of your PC, no way to opt out
>inconsistent design language
>until recently had system crippling bugs and incompatibility
>no real progression from Windows 7/8.1 but forced anyways because Microsoft needs to stay relevant

If the OS wasn't bad enough on its own, the shit MS did leading up to the release of Windows 10 killed the little bit of confidence I had in them
>installed malware on the computers of Windows 7/8.1 that bugged you to update with unkillable update notifications
>downloaded Windows 10 in the background without the user's consent
>tricked users into installing Win 10

There were even cases where people shut down their computers to wake up with Windows 10 without their knowledge or consent. There were cases where people's computers which had downloaded Win 10 without their knowledge or consent suddenly shut down and started the Windows 10 install. Microsoft went all "Look at me. I'm the captain now" on people's computers and that was enough for me to jump ship. As much as Apple gets shit for trying to own people's devices, I've run into no such behavior on my Mac. I install updates when I want to install updates. I upgrade when I want to upgrade. I could still run OS X Mavericks if I want to right now and I would get maybe an occasional notification. Windows 10 straight up hijacks your shit. That's why I have a Mac.

Windows is good for certain things but not other things. Mac is good for those other things, like music, video editing, graphic design, and the like. It also provides a much better ecosystem experience and pretty much unparalleled customer service, should you ever need it. It also comes down to personal preference; personally, I find macOS tends to have certain tiny little nuances in the fundamental way it functions that's easier to deal with than Windows.
>AND WHY THE FUCK PEOPLE BUY MAC FOR GAMING ?
Very few people actually do buys Macs for that sole purpose. It's just that some people already have Macs and like to do some casual gaming on the side when bored, which typically isn't too much of an issue as long as you don't absolutely have to play at 60FPS 4K.
>WHAT IS THEIR MENTAL ISSUE ?
People who like things you don't like don't always have mental issues, Raj.

Low maintenance, plug-n-play capability (when talking about audio interfaces and MIDI controllers), ease of use, ecosystem, customer support and minimal frustration.

Knew this kid who was running Windows 10 on his MBP. It wasn't a dual boot. He was a comp sci major. I could actually feel my autism intensifying as I beat down the urge to start screeching uncontrollably at him.

>AND WHY THE FUCK PEOPLE BUY MAC FOR GAMING ?

>WHAT IS THEIR MENTAL ISSUE ?

iOS devices are no different than Win10 though

That's why I don't own one. Only Apple stuff I like is Mac.

you can always just run win server on your workstation, like you should

bump

They want to fit into the fag culture.

జ్ఞా

God damn it Jamal, use the word "do", stop making me unironically racist.

My job gave me my macbook and when the warranty expired I had the option of buying it from them. for like $400

It can't play games at all though.

1. I don't want to use Windows
2. I use an existing Apple device (an iPhone 6 I got for my birthday a few weeks ago) and are enjoying it, and want to integrate into the ecosystem
3. The build quality isn't as shoddy as people claim
4. The monitor if you've ever seen one for real is actually pretty good quality
5. The components they choose are of appropriate computational strength for the things I do (shitpost, play WoW, Word docs)
6. Good servicing options in my area
7. I trust Apple more than Microsoft what to do with the data they're inevitably scraping from me. What are they gonna do, sell me more on Appleshit I'm probably gonna buy anyway?
8. I can dual boot Windows if neccesary
9. Good resale value and the ol "it just werkz"
10. Saves space on my desk.

Face it, with the recent HIKE in RAM and GPU prices they're the same price as a decent desktop anyway. Might as well get some polish. Price used to be my old argument against them.

lack of brain power

>wintoddlers in a mac thread

because gay people TOP KEK

LEL

>it costs more so it must be better
t. Normie

BECAUSE MACs JUST FUCKING WORK.
BECAUSE NVIDIA GEforce NOW.

Op, you need to try one for at least three months to get over the indoctrination other OSs have programmed you with.

a retarded memeboard, to begin with why those empty corners? hitting control with your palm is comfier than with pinky on capslock

>current state of Sup Forums

>People who lack their own identity so they purchase one in the form of the things they buy
the identity of all consumers is defined by what they consume

Wouldn't mind using one if I had the money for it. I just need something unix-like.

They are really the best for audio workstations or graphics

This.

MACS ARE FUCKING TRASH
APPLE PRODUCTS ARE LITERAL CHINKTRASH MARKED UP 500% TO GULLIBLE BRAINLESS RETARDS

Mactoddler, you need to try a real computer for at least three months to get over the indoctrination fagOS have programmed you with.

Because "Apple prestige" but the fact imac/macbooks glossy screens are unusable in profesional edition of photos and videos.

Other OEMs laptop build quality are just fuckin trash if you don’t want a T Series tank. The new touchbar mbp is atrocious though.

Desktops, if you really want a Mac, just install OSX on a regular PC. It’s fuckin easy enough if you follow a guide. The amount of money you would save well offsets the effort. I don’t like Windows 10, so it’s a great alternative. It forwards calls and texts from my iPhone to my desktop, has a real bash terminal, and doesn’t force updates and randomly restart.

>doesn’t force updates and randomly restart.
Proof that mactoddlers are delusional brain dead sheep with Stockholm syndrome.

nice meme

NO THEY ARE GREAT AND MY CAPS ARE BIGGER THAN YOURS.
Your image is pure fiction. Author pissed on MBPs before connecting them.

Why do you care?
What is your mental issue?

Same as this, I have a mbp because I need to be able to use Adobe InDesign and I like a unix based terminal.
I duel boot debian and windows on my desktop though. I also have a Topre keyboard and its the best thing ever.
Also litterally no one buys a mac for gaming, and any examples are outliers.

shut up nigger

Not to mention the enforced UI standards for software in Mac OS

Because they are victims.

>>>>>>>>>>IT JUST WORKS
can people stop saying this