What is the best messaging service for businesses/teams?

What is the best messaging service for businesses/teams?

Email.

no

IRC if you want stupidity coming at you at 60 mph

Slack works great for that.

Slack is the worst

At my work we just leave sticky notes at each others desks

It's NOT Slack. Slack makes me want to quit my job. I fucking HATE Slack.

Eggsplain

explain? is doscord better?

whatever the fuck the individuals want. Forcing everyone use the same shit means a watered down experience. The real reason Slack is so popular is that it centralizes communication for the uppers so they can surveil you even more.

You don't hate Slack, you hate your idiot coworkers that is partially your fault for not setting expectations for appropriately.

No.

slack is so fucking slow and threads work absolutely awful

not sure how i'd improve it though

we only use email at my job. I like the idea of slack, but haven't had the opportunity to use it. I do use discord, which I like, but then again I don't work with anyone that I chat with on discord. Also if my coworkers spammed me with emojis all day i would want to kill myself. more than I want to usually at work

Slack is the worst because it causes people to waste time at work
It’s basically like myspace IM they market to businesses
So now your employees spend the whole day chatting about non-work related things while slacking on their actual responsibilities
I mean it’s literally named Slack

Discord is neat but not appropriate or optimized for the workplace.

Simply using email is what my old company did and it took forever to get messages relayed. Email has its place and getting quick questions and answers is a bad use for email.

Slack. Hipchat is shit

Projecting this hard. I never chat on slack

Not one simple post about Lync/Skype for Business?

I never wipe my ass, but I expect everyone else does.

Workplace Messenger ;)

In college we engineering students use telegram for groups a lot. Normies swear by groupme for some reason. My recommendation is for the former but it isn't really built around small business usage. It still has a lot of neat usability features though.

Stride

Literally the only contribution HUEHUEland ever made to civilization.

Microsoft Teams

This, still a huge fan of IRC after using it for years

This. Serves its purpose without any meme bullshit.

run your own jabber

I smell a `Virgin Slack vs. Chad Stride`

Slack for messaging, email for long term discussion.

Not him, but Slack is pretty shitty. Its default notification settings are on full blast so you get bothered by every little thing. Even when you do tweak it, you can't ignore or even mute individual users, let alone fucking Slackbot itself.

I've opened up issues on Slack's feedback service asking for the ability to mute. My company is okay with half of their devs never checking e-mail. So instead of management getting those devs to be responsible, they set up Slackbot to ping everyone in the main developer channel every day. I hate having my concentration broken by that knock-knock-knock sound, expecting a question or problem, when I see some company bullshit. But Slack doesn't care. They have responded every time, saying that while the feature to ignore is their top request, they don't do it because ignoring users and Slackbot is not productive. Instead, they say to mute the entire channel or leave it entirely, which more than contradicts their rationale for not having ignore at all.

Also, every time I sign into a new group, Slackbot tries giving me a tutorial on how to use Slack, even though I'm on a client that's signed into several other groups. And then I have to reconfigure my settings all over again from the default.

I could go on, but basically: fuck slack.

Skype for business/Lync fucking sucks. It eats messages and there's no option for consistent chats. I'm trying to migrate to microsoft teams but my company would rather waste money on o365 accounts and not use them.

if you need something beyond irc use a self hosted matrix server with riot.im front end

Hands down the Post Office.

All of those things are possible on Riot. The Riot client and Matrix protocol are really cool, even if they're not quite polished enough for normie use yet.

We use Groupme at my job and it works okay. Absolute shit for any sort of real discussion aside from simple sentence long messages

IRC, it also breaks out the weak

Apache Wave

Riot.im

Is the windows slack client still just that shitty Electron browser, making it take literally an entire second to respond to anything?

My company switched to Telegram a while ago. It does everything slack does but is absolutely as crisp as it can possibly be. Responds instantly to everything

Jabber

We use flow dock and I like it. Nice threading and mentions features

What the hell is your point? You ASSUME everyone gets distracted by slack? Not everyone is weak willed Fools like you

This