>professor giggles and says yeah, sure, technically
>continues talking "so you'll get an error if --"
"YOU DON'T GET ERRORS IN C, YOU GET SEGFAULTS!"

Which one of you fucking faggots goes to my university

I forgot the best part
>afterwards prof asks class what 1 && 0 will evaluate to
>this fucking loser says TRUE

there is one of those in EVERY university

I had no autists that would speak out like that at my uni.

i have one who's in most my classes,

i honestly feel bad, because although the autists are usually some of the smartest people in the class, good look getting a job when noone wants to be around you

what kind of engineering?

This other kid put a hitchhiker's guide quote up on our class' github discussion

awesome story breauowgh
is that your pic work too?

Computer Science

I definitely had autists in my classes they were just quiet.

>Computer Science
>engineering

> Am autist
> Make 6 figures
> Get non-autists; aka incompetent buffoons fired

feelsgood.jpg

It is in the College of Engineering.

The only autist I had in my uni were either very quiet and didn't go to class, or the one dude who would be playing wow on his laptop during lectures and would throw up his hand every now and then and get the lecturer to explain what he missed out on again. I stopped seeing him after the second year :^)

This is true autism. No social awareness whatsoever

I'm Allow me to elaborate.

Nothing worse than someone in tech isn't passionate about it. Me being a Sr; I can tell: you're either a junior or a stupid piece of shit who is in tech for $$$$.

If I detect the latter; I'll get you fired. I'll put you on a shitty oncall rotation to set you up for failure. I'll give you a task I know you'll fail at. I'll double schedule your calendar so you fuck your team.

Non autists mad yet?

you can only get hired as an autist if you have the ability to keep it in check

I remember my prof telling me one time about how he interviewed a guy his pal recommended because he said he was a good programmer

when asked about his future goals the autist no shit said that he wanted to be a "professional dater", as in get paid to move in and sleep with people. Keep in mind that this guy looks like the stereotypical smelly EECS major. that first line on top of being obnoxious and narcissistic, it was safe to say he didn't fare well. regardless of whatever programming ability he probably had he was so uncomfortable during the interview the panel just had to give him the thumbs down.

there are PATHs environment variables in Windows though, he isn't even technically correct.

did you become, bitter because you faced rejection your entire life or what?
I can imagine so.
brogrammers are actually slightly more tolerable than resentful loners just FYI.

You'd be much happier if you stopped blaming your social retardation on others. Star trek is not an educational series on communication with other humans, friend.

>because although the autists are usually some of the smartest people in the class,
not true at my university. they're generally unintelligent

I think you read it wrong, but either way you interpret it he's wrong, Linux and Windows both use PATH. What I don't understand is why he's trying to portray that as a bad thing.

>professor starts talking about C
Stopped reading right there. Java is a much more relevant programming language and it utterly dominates the industry for this reason.

weak b8

Nice LARP

wait does it in c?

fair enough, although the autist in my class talks a fucking lot, but alot of the times he's asking questions where it seems like he knows what he's talking about.

although one in my therory of computation class, when the instructor was drawing python PSEUDOCODE on paper to illustrate a point, the fucking turbo autist raised his hand to correct the teacher that in python you need two equals signs instead of one for comparisons.

no, you fucking retard

bro... being passionate is codeword for not having any activities outside of tech and working for free on your free time.
not really mad, just feel sorry for your autistic ass

I agree but god you're an autist. There's probably plenty of non-autists who are just as good as you, stop being a dick because you can be.

Me being a senior engineer, who’s actually senior since I’m a 40yr old, I can detect exactly the kind of asshole you are. Guess who I’m not going to work with? Guess who I’m not inviting to meetings, who I’m not willing to collaborate with because you’re the kind of turbo dick that will actively attempt to sabotage people. I’m at the level where I choose the projects I work on and who I work on them with, and I’m leaving your ass behind.

There’s thousands of these types of dick holes in corporate IT, not so much tech companies, it’s always non tech corporate IT departments and they’ve built little fifedoms over the years and think they’re hot shit. Bro you’re working corporate IT at some insurance company.

If I were the professor, I would tell him that Segfault is a subclass of Error and see if he spergs out about classes in C

same shit in my uni in [spoiler]Mexico[/spoiler]

python programmer here, I don't understand the meme of 1 && 0. I assume && means and.

Yeah, I've seen so many of these people, now if I see anyone wearing jeans and sketchers I instantly know to avoid them.

>Which one of you fucking faggots goes
Um, you mean ATTENDS?

For an "&&" to be true, both values on the left and right must be true. "1 && 0" would evaluate as "true && false", which is false.

I didnt realize you had so much mobility at McDonalds.

> this isn't WINDOWS, we don't use PATHS
What the fuck is he talking about.
{code]
root@Microserver:~# echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
[/code]

> I'll give you a task I know you'll fail at.
I'd escalate it to your boss and point out you're not fit for the job and I should be transferred to other department.

> hired to do this job and cant do it
fired

Third funniest LARP I've seen all day, and I browse /biz/. Good job.

>tfw you're the autist
well, at least i try to ask questions that others might benefit from.

Nah, my boss will be questioned first, since:
1) Some time ago he did interviews to hire somebody and, apparently, I passed. Is he incompetent at determining skills of his subordinates?
2) If he isn't, then he tries to set me up. More questions to him.

> my boss
sr is your boss; when you get out of school kid and get a real job try again

That is, assuming you ever get a job outside of all the loan debt you'll be crushed under

> sr is your boss
Who?
> loan debt
I've no loans.

>tfw taught myself C over summer.
>Really want to skip systems programming paper to do operating systems.
>have to pay for systems programming paper as a requirement for the operating systems paper.
Why do universities do this?

Ah, just the average normie who works in retail or fast food and dreams of getting a tech job I see?

Senior does not mean a manager you dumb LARPer

>not having your own college for Comp Sci

Sr often means a lead you reverse-LARPer who thinks they know what they are talking about.

If you had exp, you'd know that lead is just another way to say hiring manager. Silly fuck, stay in school kids.

It's funny because you think you play on my insecurities.

You seem to be doing that pretty well mate

Holy shit you're on Sup Forums as well?

I was only doing it ironically.

C views 1 and 0 as being equivalent to boolean true and false when used in that sort of context

You're just embarassing yourself at this point. If you aren't larping show a time stamped photo of your covered up employee ID badge.

more precisely, any value different from 0 is true and only 0 is false.

- The C compiler has errors
- The C standard library uses error codes
What the fuck, autist

Hey look, we found your man OP.

That is definitely not _engineering_

These are the types of people I have to browse the board with

CPU has instructions to do things if register is/isn't 0
zero is false, anything non-zero is true

All these people LARPing.just stop why even bother

>Allow me to elaborate.

My

imagination.

Is this a 'that guy' moment?
>Java professor talks about how the CPU slows down when it's hot because the crystal gets warm and thus slower
>point out that throttling is usually something the CPU does 'consciously' . Not a physical side-effect
>he basically repeats that it's the heat that does it
>drop it
I mean he is a Java programmer, and admittedly he's old enough that this might have been the case.
I'm not sure if the crystal in a CPU (assuming they still have those, or did back then) would actually decrease in frequency with heat. Just the intuitive guess of energy availability increasing physical reactions makes me think the opposite.

They want you to pay them user.
That's why.
They're leeches on society.
Who really thinks that with the limited service that universities provide in guiding students that it's reduced to bringing your questions to minimum wage TAs and listening to lectures which contents you could just as easily get from a book. That they're actually for you, the students, own learning benefits.
They're obviously there to verify your knowledge. But they like to pretend that they're helping for some reason. I don't understand that. I do appreciate classmates though. They do provide that environment.

You didn't go to a good University.

Maybe you're the autistic kid, then

>i know what other people need
no, no you do not. arrogant, time wasting prick. do everyone a favor and ask the professor your self-serving questions after the lecture.

in this case he's not even correct, he should try writing some embedded code, or even better mix bleach and ammonia

then he's not an autist. he's on the same tier as communists and other sjw's. it's just a knee-jerk response to "something i know (read: believe) is wrong" and an attempt to virtue signal that he values "correctness" above meeting goals, such as the goal to educate a room of 300 people about an abstract topic that will ostensibly be useful in their futures

mcdonald's has a very large IT department

>Why do universities do this?
so you can be in the sjw environment longer, but that's fine by me, pic related

>badge
I’m not that guy, and I may be the only person in this thread with an actual tech job. Anyway, where I work, and I would hope other companies too, security huge deal. So much so that our badges give no indication of our job title and don’t have anything about the company on them. Just your photo and your name. This makes it a little harder to drive by clone our badges to try to get into the buildings. The badges are also rfid things to open doors.

It’s funny though they made the badges all discrete but then everyone walks around wearing company logo clothing and backpacks so the badge obfuscation is pretty moot.

>I may be the only person in this thread with an actual tech job
Imagine being this deluded

Brah working the help desk at your local hospital isn’t what I’d call a real tech job

Thanks for answering but why does C evaluate it to be True?

Jesus christ. Imagine being this autistic

It doesn't.

This is why computer science needs to require math. This is why cs.is not engineering. Holy fuck

I meant C++.

t. fag that attends cuz mommy forced him to

you cout'ed '1' not true
add parentheses
cout

>dependent clause joined to an independent clause by a semicolon
reeeeeeeee

I see thank you, was my mistake the meme?

University of Derby, Foundations of Computer Science in L/th OL2

are you the faggot who runs arch on his acer laptop? Please wash your hair before attending lectures.

pretty much
operator "

>"YOU DON'T GET ERRORS IN C, YOU GET SEGFAULTS!"

He's not even right if you are only talking about OS signals.

Honestly this was the worst part of his temper tantrum

>Stroustrup apologists will defend this

Bitwise shifts and logical operators having the same precedence makes sense if you figure they aren't ordered relative to each other like multiplication and addition. Using bitwise shifts for reading into/out of streams was probably not the best decision though.

It doesn't. It evaluates to false, duh.

Technically it doesn't even do that. In C there is no true and false. 'false' is 0 and 'true' is non-zero. So it would evaluate to 0.

>'ll give you a task I know you'll fail at
if you've been tasked with managing people, isn't this just being intentionally bad at your job?

That is probably a redditor.

We had a guy like that, he stared down on his phone browsing reddit half the lecture and then proceed to ask absolutely ridiculous questions, which irritated the lecturer since the guy obviously hadn't understand anything he said.

And exactly like that guy every time a question was asked he confidently put his hand up and 90% of the time he was wrong.

I don't think so, my professors would lynch such individual in every exam, soft-failing you until you drop out.

printf("%d", 1 && 0);
Enjoy your arbitrary execution

That's true, it doesn't mean being an autistic fuck is any better of a thing to do. The world has a lot of dickholes, what do we need, more dickholes? No, we need more people willing to call people on being dickholes. Maybe even willing to go to jail because they beat the shit out of some dickhole.

Speaking of autistic people, there's this one guy in my class who I'm sure legitimately has autism (high functioning), or some autism spectrum disorder. As you can expect, the autistic kid acts a bit abnormal, like he has difficulty taking social cues, and he doesn't talk in an appropriate "inside voice" a lot when giving answers and stuff. But I'm not going to complain about him, since he seems to be nice and is a good sport when people laugh about some of his awkward replies and doesn't flip shit. The guy that I'm going to bitch about is the dude who sits behind me, who laughs and comments about every single thing that the autistic guy says. He laughs nearly every time the guy says something, and does it in a really mean spirited way. It's really annoying, because he laughs and comments on even the normal shit that the guy does. Like, he'll be in hysterics if the guy just greets the professor with good morning or some mundane shit like that. I can tell by his attitude that he thinks that he's a chad or something, but obviously he isn't, because otherwise he wouldn't be pointlessly ripping on a legitimately autistic guy who did nothing wrong.