the more mercifully short this shit is the better

youtube.com/watch?v=83p69JhDnwU

the one where he raps over System of a Down

I Love You

Gon be okay

youtube.com/watch?v=UgHkvsGnjoo

>tfw you finally understood Based.

I would say fav Lil B song is Keep Sagging
>"please talk to me if you really hear the message, ain't nothin wrong wit ha person askin questions."

Damn.

Some other good ones:

I Am The Hood
Can't See B
Giving Up
I Seen The Light
Beat The Cancer
Great China Sea
Ban The Wepaons
Layer
G.O.R
I Love You
We Are The World
Hold My Dope
BGYCFMB
Fuck KD
Fake Niggas

youtube.com/watch?v=ZG6zsHUCum4

unchain me

Green Card

Don't go outside is one of my favs

Damn those are awesome.

This is ESSENTIAL Based classic. The entirety of 6Kiss is his best music. He's got too many good songs to list but literally thousands of filler songs.

I used to love his music but after a while it seemed like he found a specific sound and stuck with it. The passion and experimentation is gone and he's been unable to capture it. He still puts out great songs, but his mixtapes aren't quality.

Still he's unquestionably one of the most influential rappers of the past decade. I don't know if he's still able to set trends the way he used to. He's too predictable now.

youtube.com/watch?v=5xA0fxBlD_k

Fuck KD.

Hoop Life.

I honeslty thought he was a meme until I heard I'm Gay.

What I find sad is why he needs to have this "meme" aura around him when he's a genuine artists who creates menagiful music. I just feel it just makes it abrasive to most anal fucks out there.

Heard God Father mixtape, another solid piece. Anything else I'm sleeping on?

Do people unironically like Lil B? At this point I'm pretty thoroughly convinced his whole "based" routine and be yourself shit is just a facade to delude his fans that he's not just a businessman trying to make money.

6Kiss is his best album. Also one of his earliest, before he was popular or a "meme."

People like I'm Gay and God's Father because it has a more "mature" flow and traditional beats. It's not the "swag rap" stuff people first think of when they think of Lil B.

His first two mixtapes I'm Thraxx and 6Kiss is a great blend of both of those styles with surprising and eclectic variation in beats.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK KEVIN DURANT

The whole based thing can be obnoxious, but that doesn't take away from his as a musician. I used to hate because all the music videos I've seen seemed mediocre and the whole based culture you mentioned I found childish "meming" until I decided to give his work a listen and it blew my mind.

He's far more instrospective than a lot of hiphop artists and actually talks about political/social issues in such a poignant way he can go toe to toe with a lot of socially conscious rappers.

Not to mention the charmingly positive atitude he has and his spoken word type flow I enjoy and find unique. Also I'd like to note the poduction he has on his records blow most people out of the park.

I fucking used to hate the retarded Sup Forumstards that would spew it everywhere, but now I can understand the appeal.

Thank you based god.

I wonder what happens if Golden State ends up getting Durant like people suspect. That's Lil B's favorite team. I've seen him at several games.

Fair enough. I don't disliked him or anything. I just seemed to think it was all fake and he was just in it for the money but no one could see it. What's his best album?

I personally love I'm Gay (I'm Happy). I felt the same way as you until I heard this record. After that it actually upset how unappreciated as an artist I feel he is by a lot of music publications.

Thanks friend. I'm a huge hip hop fanatic but I've always been skeptical of him. I'll give it a go.

Trust me user my hiphop folder is teetering over 300 gb. I'm a huge fan of the genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=5P6-V7J5S-0

Lil B - I Love You

it's just so sincere. I like to think he's freestyling the whole thing, even though he probably isn't. I think "RIP to your dead family" is not only funny but also quite a touching sentiment. I don't like to harp on too much about the profundity of mundane things, or the beauty behind that which isn't particularly beautiful, but I truly believe that this song is great.

Cheers. Have a good one.

>He's far more instrospective than a lot of hiphop artists and actually talks about political/social issues in such a poignant way he can go toe to toe with a lot of socially conscious rappers.

And it confuses/pisses a lot of people off because he doesn't present his message in a "well thought out, academic" way like a lot of other socially conscious rappers do. he has an interesting way of saying really meaningful things in a simplistic way. also i've also loved the confidence in his music. his outlandish ridiculous claims about stuff like "i look like ____" or "i have 10,000 on my dick" is just about the feeling of feeling good.
again it's meaningful but without pretentiousness.

> it was all fake and he was just in it for the money
Lil B is one of the least fake rappers out and if you followed his career you would know he's never been about the money. He's always made music for the sake of music, to express himself. He always will, even if he has no fans and no money.
That's what he did for years before he started becoming a meme. He's had every opportunity to sell out and never has.

Thanks for the insight. I guess I was just being harsh and made stupid assumptions.

"It feels good to be here now; finally realise who's the rawest rapper"

-Lil B

lel

>"This was my inspiration for To Pimp a Butterfly" - Kendrick Lamar

My fucking sides.

Everyone knows who is but few give him the respect he deserves. I don't think there's been a single rap trend, or up and coming rapper in the past 10 years that he hasn't influenced in some way.

>laughing at YouTube jokes
I kid, it was pretty good

People say this so much, but he's no Kanye. What has Lil B done to influence hip hop?

Like a Martian. dont give a fuck about his introspective shit. read a goddamn book nigga if u want that

I'm God, Pretty boy remix, buss em 4 points, a lot

>has been making music to uplift his black folk for years
>black pride only becomes a thing after TPAB

I like how his uplifting songs are universal in its appreciation by various races, but Kendrick's "fuck you, im in your face, respect me" gets all the applause.

Hell even Sup Forums and Sup Forums loves no black person is ugly. What's the fucking deal?

First thing to consider is that he wrote almost every chorus for the Pack's songs. He was about 14 when the Vans Song came out and the Pack were extremely influential even beyond the scope of hyphy music. The thing is, nobody comes forward and says "oh yea, the Pack inspired me" but they were still the first ones doing that style (including the fashion) and were blatantly ripped off (ever heard You're a Jerk?). He was putting things together and connecting people even back then.

Lil B was the FIRST to do what later became known as cloud rap. It caught on and people rode the wave hard, but I can give you plenty of evidence showing why he deserves the credit.

I actually have to go now but i want to come back and give more examples because that's all very minor in the big scheme of things. You're right though, he's not Kanye. He doesn't sell the albums or have the same audience but their influence is different. Kanye has influenced a lot of shit but Lil B has influenced more of rap culture in general.

youtube.com/watch?v=-9HYMorqtyo
oh yea and this is a gem
eh i think kendrick can be as angry as he wants, I just think his music is corny. Lil b is way better. but muh jazz rap concept album is more marketable

Post your favorite lines.

>shoutout to lesbians because I stay with the strap

>cloud rap
Wasn't that literally cLOUDDEAD?

no that was spoken word bullshit

i think cloud rap/based freestyles paved the way to shit like young thug and that unintelligible obfuscated lyrical rap. lil b/main attrakionz like rappers started it then A$ap rocky packaged it for scalability. yeezus probably had something to do with mainstream acceptance of 'weird shit' in rap nowadays too

>Jimmy Chongo 8 months ago
>I was visiting Papua new Guinea living with the locals there for several months at one point a rival tribe invaded the small village i was staying in, they were there to rape the women and roast the children over an open flame, in this moment of sheer shock and terror there was only one thing i could do. I whipped out my Iphone and a pair of bose speakers played this song closed my eyes and wished for a better world. As I opened my eyes the invaders dropped there spears and bows, the local villagers embraced them in a hug the warmth of which burned hotter than the sun, one of the villagers lifted me atop his shoulders another picked up the speakers as tears ran down his face. These two tribes had fought for 400 years, but when they heard the call of the based god the error of their ways had become clear. On behalf of the the Kerepunu people thank you based god you saved their lives as you have saved mine time and time again.

kys

A$AP Rocky is so underrated imo. He's commerical and popular, but in terms of a rapper I think he's fantastic and not given enough respect. Dude can ride a beat like crazy, has some pretty good producers and rights some pretty decent bars. He's probably one of my favourites.

Maybe lyricallly but sonically a lot of what's now considered "cloud rap/staples in trap" came out of chopped and screwed music/lean drinking culture of Houston.

This one just made me cringe. It gets pretty forced.

I was actually a big fan of that album when i was 14-15, but of all the late 90s-early 2000s indie hip hop that is definitely not in the category of what I could still listen to today.

I don't even listen to them myself I was just being a shit posting faggot. Pretty sad really.

dat besaid

He's a poor mans SGP with half the talent. He's doesn't produce his own work so the sound he has it not "his", and lyrically he's never spit anything worthy or beyond a good "feel good" song/banger.

Also people who dickride A$AP Mob for their sound need to do more hiphop research. Raider Kaln did it before them and it's nothing new, the modern underground hiphop sound is a modern take on memphis rap and houston's chopped and screwed.

I don't know why you're getting so mad bro it's just my opinion. I'm allowed to like and enjoy his music. I'm not even an A$AP Mob fanatic. I only listen tor Rocky and a bit of Ferg.

i havent listened to SGP in a long time but didnt he lose a ton of respect for dropping the lo-fi sound

No he didn't lose respect for that. He just liked beefing on twitter too much and ran his crew to the ground to the point all the good acts bounced. Hes become the male verison of Azalea Banks. Trolls on twitter too much. His new shit is decent, he will always be a great producer but his bars could be more refined.

I love clouddead but it's not the same thing. I'll explain when I get to a keyboard

I only said it because their wiki page said their cloud rap.

People label genres wrong all the time, plus at the time they may have been cloud rap. cloud rap is a good way to describe their music anyway. it isn't assosiated with what later became known as "cloud rap." cLOUDDEADs music is outside the scope of this discussion really.

for one thing, their beats heavily rely on "boom bap" drums, and cloud rap drums are more modern sounding. cLOUDDEADs stuff is also a lot more conceptual and spoken word influenced.
the cloud rap i'm talking about, the one Lil B pioneered has very "swaggy" typical hip-hop braggadocio, street lyrics over airy, cloudy beats.

He is NOT underrated at all. He doesn't get any respect from me because he's a fabrication. He can rap, yea, but that's it.
He's a heavy biter, and completely image over substance. His music is empty and I don't think he could do anything by himself.

I'm not calling him fake in terms of him being a fake thug or cliche rap shit, I'm calling him fake because there is nothing behind anything he says or the way he acts.

To each their own.

I like a lot of his earlier stuff, I just don't like him or respect him. Ferg's cool though.

He's fake and extremely lame.

>he's fake and extremely lame
I don't see how he's any of that but fair enough man. I've come to accept that even the most commercial music can be highly enjoyable. People on here take music far far too seriously imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=7zJa6FB5crk&ab_channel=lilbpack1

>where's my car?
>BITCH WHICH ONE??

Lil Wayne is Thug's biggest influence. Even if he claims he isn't (idk i dont follow him), it's crystal clear. Thug pretty much took the worst of Wayne's attributes and expanded on them. Seemed to happen right when Wayne's fanbase was losing interest in him, after he lost all credibility with his rock album and fake guitar shit.

>I don't see how he's any of that
If you're curious, just start watching interviews with him. For starters, he always makes big claims about standing for this and that and being innovative yet he never pushes the envelope or steps out of the safe zone in his songs. He's mainstream and likes it, but will always claim he's something unique.

A hilarious example to highlight some of his other fake qualities is an interview he did in Amsterdam, on video. He talks about how he's a huge cinephile and really respects the art of film making. He says he loves classic and old foreign films because they have a deeper meaning. After he goes on and on about his love and admiration for the art of cinema he lists his top five favorite movies:
Boys in the Hood
Menace 2 Society
Friday
Juice
some Will Ferrell movie i can't specifically remember.