This is bullshit

This is bullshit.

?

>if you continue to install debian
wew

I want to dual boot ;_:

So what faggot? Boot the installer in legacy mode.

>this is power of linux

Kys you dumb fucking shit smear.

What's so Bullshit about it?
You installed Windows using legacy mode. Ubuntu is saying if you want to install Ubuntu in uefi, you won't find your Windows in legacy. If you want to install Ubuntu also in legacy mode. Everything will be fine.

i think you might be legitimately retarded

>Linux just werks ;^)

But I can't install it without forcing UEFI!

8/8 m8

>not just making a bootable usb instead
pleb

RTFM

>be retarded
>boot another OS in BIOS mode
>don't know to boot the Linux USB in BIOS mode too
hurr

sorry i've hurt your feelings, i really just want to install linux in dual boot

This has nothing to do with the OS

Can't you read ??
It say you have an OS installed in BIOS Legacy mode, so you need to boot your usb in this mode and not in UEFI.
there is probably 2 boot option in your BIOS for your USB, one is UEFI and the other is Legacy

I did not hit her

boot the USB in BIOS mode lmao

>I'm retarded and illiterate therefore Linux is bad

Hello Doggie.

Oh hi mark

box wit battons har 2 reed, lonix iz le epic bad

It sounds like you need to stay far away from Linux, as you're quite obviously completely incapable of installing it, let alone using it.

I'm gonna do just that.
Btw. you are the least helpful bunch of assholes, ever.

> Pajeet who can't read comes to Sup Forums for linux tech support.
> Sup Forums realises that if they try to help then this pajeet will keep coming back forever with more dumb questions.
> Sup Forums decides to try to help anyway, Sup Forums is naive
> pajeet can't read helpful responses starts bashing the thing they can't understand
> Sup Forums tells pajeet that they're probably too dumb for the task they're trying to complete
> pajeet calls Sup Forums assholes

You're welcome.

>WWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH you aren't helping
kys

Stop forcing shity OS, then.
I haven't ever had a problem with Windows.

>WWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH THEY'RE FORCING IT ON MUH WEBSITE MUH SAFESPACE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Protip: You're a retard who knows jack.

Yes. I want to know more.
You are the one who's showing off.

>Yes. I want to know more.
about what?
>You are the one who's showing off.
what am I showing off? Projecting much?

Knowing Jack and getting it to work normally in Linux is actually pretty mid tier knowledge you fucking redditor

>WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH LET ME JUST SHOW OFF
It's JackD you limp-wristed faggot

You really need a psychiatric help.

>a psychiatric help
go back to your third world shithole

Your posts make literally no sense.

No it's not you dumbfuck.
It's jackd2 if you want to split hairs.

Several people have already explained to you how to fix your problem, and also why it has absolutely nothing to do with Linux.

If you're going to just blame every arbitrary problem you have on Linux, then yeah, you probably shouldn't use it. You're the type that would probably try to download a Windows executable and then wonder "what the fuck why isn't this working? linux sucks bro"

no u

Don't use linux, stick to windows.
Don't ever try linux, we don't need or want you.
Leave sophisticated software to sophisticated people. Thank you.

Be my tech support please!!!

>ubuntu
It sure is bullshit

Hah, that shit confused me too the first time I installed ubuntu, thought it was a bug then learned it's standard bullshit
kek, the current state of "user friendly" distros

the main problem with this dialog is that one of the buttons says "go back", but it doesn't actually go back, it proceeds forwards with BIOS installation
that's bullshit and it has been like that for years

Can you at least think or learn what are you doing? Before doing it.

no :)

the absolute state of gtk.

It is possible to install Lunix in Uefi mode and also keep Windows in Bios mode.

I don't understand why some people are so allergic to learning new things.

This exact same error can occur in the Windows 10 installer, I've seen it happen.

UEFI was a mistake.

>... install Debian
LOL. Even I can rebadge things better.
UEFI is neat, but it is too raw at this point.

Or install Gentoo, Gentoo is not only the Linux, it is also the GNU.

No.. it was a mistake. There's no reason for all the unncessary complexity that UEFI brings to the table. At that part of the boot process, there should be enough code to boot the OS, and not one bit more.

Not mouse drivers, a FUCKING NETWORK STACK, and so on. It's retarded.

There should be no fucking boot loader in first place, that is retarded. CPU or chipset should define everything on itself.

ngl I'm a brainlet and I don't understand UEFI, GPT, secureboot etc. I am old-man-scared and I just stick to BIOS/MBR on everything as far as I can.

OP here.
There was at least a dozen people claiming the OPPery of this thread.
You guys really are retarded.

Listen OP.
Do the following. Boot into windows. Run rufus.
Select make usb bootable. Make damn sure its set to CMS BIOS MBR not BOSI/UEFI GPT.

There you go. You can now force linux to install in bios mode. You are allowed 4 partitions on the os. Windows probabally took 2, one for their OS and one for their "bootloader" so you should have 2-3 partitions left. If you do not. Reinstall windows in BIOS mode, but make the NTFS parition first so it doesnt make more. Remember BIOS is MBR BIOS is NOT GPT. GPT means UEFI. You click that u get UEFI.

TLDR, boot windows. Run rufus. Click MBR BIOS CSM mode. Not fucking GPT. Now please GTFO to Sup Forums

>make a retarded user OP
>people believe other anons to be OP because they're retarded
I don't know, the logic seems pretty solid to me.

can someone explain to me why the UEFI mode installer can't handle installing BIOS stuff?

just cause you booted the installer in uefi doesn't mean you've written a bootloader to anything yet

and why the fuck doesn't the installer tell you what mode it's booted up in before you've already gone 10 steps in

things like this keep getting worse with every version, wtf are those monkeys doing?

128 Primary partitions.

>can someone explain to me why the UEFI mode installer can't handle installing BIOS stuff?
>just cause you booted the installer in uefi doesn't mean you've written a bootloader to anything yet

You're talking about a firmware interface. A firmware interface with a completely different design isn't going to be able to load settings for a legacy interface. It's too low level. There's very little abstraction going on there.

>and why the fuck doesn't the installer tell you what mode it's booted up in before you've already gone 10 steps in
Because you're supposed to choose that when you boot, you idiot.

>things like this keep getting worse with every version, wtf are those monkeys doing?
PEBCAK

go ahead user it'll be a nice paper weight

We are not your tech support!
This aside, everyone already told you what to do, just do it, ungreatful piece of shit.

what a load of shit, why the fuck does the installer need to be booted in a special mode for grub to write a bootloader that isn't even used until the next boot

>Because you're supposed to choose that when you boot, you idiot.
Installer is idiot for not checking if there's bios OSs and notifying the user that they've made a mistake and how to remedy it
Seems everyone in this thread has encountered this message at least once, guess whole thread is idiot you fucking wanker

>PEBCAK
ubuntu has been getting shitter with each version because of faggots who accept shitty changes and low quality control
I'm sure the ubuntu freezing 3x more frequently than previous versions is the user's fault

the problem is simple

you have UEFI and BIOS. windows 64-bit and ubuntu can support UEFI. and everything, including the above, supports plain old BIOS.

ubuntu detected that you booted it in UEFI mode. it also detected that whatever OS you had on your hard drive was in BIOS legacy (CSM) mode. it's just warning you that if you proceed, you'll have to switch settings in the BIOS/UEFI whenever you want to boot the other OS.

it'd be simpler to install Ubuntu in BIOS mode (you'll have to reboot and/or modify your USB stick and set the BIOS to legacy mode).

you can proceed if you don't care about switching every time.

Linuxed!.com

Not getting that prompt would be bullshit, someone took some effort to save many people a lot of headache.
We should all appreciate that.

>using a debian clone
Just use the original baby ;)

This, plus
>"Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site."

I think using computers might be a little too much for you. Switch to crayons.

That's what you get for trying to install Linux for babies.