They don't sleep anymore on the beach

They don't sleep anymore on the beach

Why does everyone quote this but leave out the violin+field recording section on "Static"? It's ten times more powerful in my opinion.

>when you see the face of god you will die

>Welcome to Arco AM/PM Mini-market.
>We would like to advise our customers that any individual who offers to pump gas, wash windows, or solicit products is not employed by or affiliated with this facility.
>We discourage any contact with these individuals, and ask that you report any problems to uniformed personnel inside
>Thank you for shopping at Arco AM/PM, and have a pleasant day
>Welcome to Arco AM/PM Mini-market
>We would like to advise our customers that any individual who offers to pump gas, wash windows, o...r sol...cit...pro...d...

this is my favourite part of that album
I can't bring myself to listen to it again bc it really moves me

See that's where the album comes in a political light in my opinion.

Cause static talk about more profound things, it's hard for the majority to get it. You need to know about life and death to really get it.
Sleep has a more relatable sadness and melancholy.

>except the god-man, the god-woman
the heavenly man, the heavenly woman
the heavenly child there will be terror under this day of night

I understand everything that he/she is saying on static. I feel the intense emotions, but I don't feel anything when I hear "They don't sleep anymore on the beach". I don't understand why it's so sad. I would like to hear why you do though.

>there will be a song of jubilee waiting for your king there will be nothing you will be looking for in this world
>except for your god

>implying anything on Lift is as gut-wrenching as I SAID 'KISS ME YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL, THESE ARE TRULY THE LAST DAYS'

Good line, but all the recordings top it.

While that is a great moment, but it is pretty straight forward. The static field recording is more powerful because it completely crushes the entire tone and sets a fearful, sad atmosphere. Especially after you hear the triumph of sleep. But after that moment in static, it is a sense of impending danger because you hear about the experiences of god, and all of that shit. You know that something horrible is coming down the pipe. While you get that sense on f#a#, it comes instantly. While the moment on lift crushes you and gives you a more abrupt sense of danger.

For me the old man's nostalgia kinda makes me realize that everything that I love and enjoy is going to change and disappear.

Sleep > Storm > Static > Antennas to Heaven

See, I'm pretty used to those kinds of themes. But, I didn't consider the shit that the person on static had to say, it's much more surprising to hear that shit because it's completely esoteric, for me anyway.

Antennas to Heaven> Static> Sleep> Storm

F#A#>SR>>YUXO>LYSF>>>>>>AS>ADBA

time to listen to it again

Literally right there with you.

Listen to the entire album again

>When you penetrate to the most high God, you will believe you are mad
>Moya's guitar floating over the vocal sample
Chills every time.

Fun fact, this album helped me realize I'm not an atheist.

Well sleep is about melancholy, juvanoia or even pure sadness. Pretty straight forward.
If you listen to the old man like it was your last conversation with your grandfather you get it

See I'm an athiest, but I'm absolutely fascinated with that kind of journey people theorise when they descend into death.

In a political manner, I see it as a grief for a past society or a way of life. Knowing the context of the album, I think Static was a representation of a war or battle. Then having lost the battle, so the old man comes in and recollects life before the terrible change in society.

More than just melancholy
See It ends up being representative of entropic nostalgia, the fleeting / ephemeral nature of everything that you cherish.

Everyone that you love it dying, every memory you hold close has already passed
>This is all a dream, a dream in death...

Static>Sleep>Storm>Antennas to Heaven.

It's also about the way society has changed from when this old man was younger. People would sleep on the beach without fear of danger, and that sense of trust has died since then.

Straight up false.

so fucking pretentious, remove all these shitty monologues and the albums is better

>pretentious
Sorry user, that's not a valid criticism.

>Where are you going
>WHERE, are you going...

If anything, samples make the album far less pretentious.

No. No. No.

The monologues give the music context which aids the atmosphere imo

Because there is so much sad resignation in his voice, the man has no hope that someone might sleep on the beach again, all that he has known and loved is slowly ending around him.
From listening to this album I get the feeling that the sun is dying, and the world is covered in the last rays of the setting sun before the darkness and the cold takes the world forever. you can hear in that man's voice that he knows that.

>Implying a purely instrumental album with nothing at all to give it context is less pretentious

The samples go very far in helping the listener get into the album, which makes it objectively less pretentious, try not to be an idiot

This part is so fucking annoying along with the rest of Storm's janky arrangement that it prevents me from listening to LYSF in full.

I thought it was "where are we going". But it's still the best part of any GSYBE piece

everytime

You clearly don't get GY!BE.
If it's not your thing you can just listen to something else

IT WENT LIKE THIS