What purpose does this instrument serve?

What purpose does this instrument serve?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L7y9yChV478
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It is used to play music.

It looks nice in museums.

It's a bass guitar you don't have to plug in and can play with other acoustic instruments.

you download a picture of it and post it on the internet

genius

you see that hole

you can fuck it

i've got one
its not terribly useful but nice for practicing solo at a low volume

also most are acoustic electric so its not useless, but the pickups on mine are a bit uneven across the instruments range

I love the acoustic bass. The fretless even better. That sweet sound.

It is used for covers of that one Kyuss song

To make a sound

I can't.. The hole too small for my dick

For me to say I want to learn to play it, then forget about it.

i have one sitting in the corner of my living room

this is a good post

she LOOSE tho

hotdog down a hallway desu

I wanna fuck that guitar.

youtu.be/L7y9yChV478

Do any professional bassists actually use these? I've never seen an example of it.

Are you saying that you have a large penis, user?

The Violent Femmes use acoustic bass.

I don't really get it either, because an acoustic bass is useless without an amp.

>I FUCK THE MUSIC
>I MAKE IT COME

post yfw

it can be amped tho. they sound dope. Violent Femmes is an obvious example. Ranch up!

it is an acoustic bass guitar. it doesn't need an amp and sounds a bit different than an electric bass guitar. has great chemistry with acoustic guitars and sometimes even electric guitars.

>doesn't need an amp
lol, sure

I talked to the bass professor at my school and he basically told me that all of them except a few lines they don't make anymore aren't big enough to properly project. He said some other stuff, but the short version is that they all suck regardless of price except for those few lines.

Before performances Weezer practices with acoustic instruments. Including their bassist using one of those.

I play bass and always wanted one of these to practice.
The fact that they are ridiculously overpriced (at least in my country) prevented me from getting one and going for a small battery powered amp instead

Mike Inez during Alice in Chains unplugged

I've never seen anyone play one of these and I don't really ever see them in dedicated music stores or guitar centers or anything like that, but you can go in any pawn shop and there will be a fucking wall of them, guaranteed.

/thread

I use mine when my friends and i play acoustic when camping and stuff. Pretty useless apart from that purpose, but still fun to have

your bass professor sounds like a pretentious asshole.
"not big enough to properly project" my ass. I have two acoustic bass guitars and you can hear them both clearly while playing. every acoustic bass I've seen has built in pickups also.

They may not be as large or project as much as an upright double bass but that doesn't mean they're too small to "properly project"

I mean its one thing for a music teacher to have his own opinions but for him to tell his students that all modern acoustic basses suck because they cant properly project sounds more like he is the one projecting

chick magnet, brah

>Bass
>chick magnet

Kek

Oh u know it babygurl