/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/
youtube.com/watch?v=tJPplqqZBqE
youtube.com/watch?v=EXzJjhTiwq0
youtube.com/watch?v=LjMAcQHbBBY
youtube.com/watch?v=1JybnA7lzBI
monoprice.com/product?p_id=11567
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkADxTKDRjY
puu.sh
schiit.com/news/news/usb-solved-introducing-gen-5-and-eitr
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-jdslabs-odac-rev-b-compared-to-fiio-e10k.2068/
youtu.be/3k7G8K1pDZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic3bhIGtaog
aliexpress.com/store/product/Ugreen-USB-Sound-Card-External-Audio-Card-3-5mm-USB-Adapter-USB-to-Earphone-Headphone-Audio/301635_32839747850.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.36caad7d1z5kSv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never buy Schiit products.

>#1 recommended brand by reddit shills because hehe i get to say Shit
>owner thinks authoring a 140-chapter work of fiction about the company history makes up for garbage quality control, performance, and customer service
>Schiit defenders are becoming poster children for post-purchase rationalization when shown their buys aren’t worth the money

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/

>solder splatter
>caps on output
>Either they don't measure their DACs, don't care or don't know how to design a clean DAC.
>For me the biggest letdown with all of this is the major disservice Schiit and others are doing to the community. They are toting these frankly "shit" amps as power houses
>As we see, tons of jitter and distortion products are visible together with higher noise floor. Even the Topping D30 at $129 shipped runs circles around it in how clean its output is relative to Schiit BiFrost Multi-bit.
>There are DACs literally at 10% of the cost that do much better.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/

Idol trash here,
What's your setup like, user?
No feet, but decent OP regardless.

should I get the JDSlabs element + oppo pm3/he4xx?

The feet are implied

>fulla 2
i'm so sorry

Every single fucking thing in that picture is a meme. You are pathetic.

Either the Element or an NFB-11.28, but I wouldn't get either of those headphones

>Didn't actually throw away his schiits
>Has become a namefag without name

I have an old o2+odac piece of shit... Should I throw it in the garbage?

I have ath m50x right now, looking to replace them. i was thinking the hd 600's or hd 650's.
what is a decent dac/amp for the hd 600/650s that are inexpensive ?

micca origen g2

>Piece of shit
Elaborate fully.

So what's everyone listening to?

youtube.com/watch?v=tJPplqqZBqE

I need my magni 3 measurements REEEEEEEEEEE

>no cute feet in sight
fuck off

>Replacing closed back with open back
Why?

youtube.com/watch?v=EXzJjhTiwq0

youtube.com/watch?v=LjMAcQHbBBY

youtube.com/watch?v=1JybnA7lzBI
sounding good out of my LSR305s

monoprice.com/product?p_id=11567
it's on sale right now, too

Friendly reminder to ignore this schizo.

What're they connected to?

found the schiill

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkADxTKDRjY

old ass audio interface with super loud hissing whenever nothing's playing (Tascam US144)
just ordered a Behringer UMC204HD for the balanced output meme, seemed to measure well so I'll report back on it

Name your non meme gear RIGHT NOW

lol

It's not bad at all... for usb. I use it at work with the msr7.

puu.sh
/zpVnB/bf8c5636f9.flac

mixtape.moe isn't working, so here's a puush link

It's great unless you need to maintain the quality at higher volumes, especially using and EQ for example. It's a great accessible all in one, but not perfect.

These any good or do i just get msr7?

What do you use to EQ? Software or hardware?

rationalization is actually very much healthy

yeah, rationalization is healthy alright. it's the only way to not kill yourself if you have schiit products outside of the return window!

Schiit’s USB power implementations were/are garbage and they even admit it schiit.com/news/news/usb-solved-introducing-gen-5-and-eitr

Except they only fix it on their placebo tier products so they can hawk the $100 Wyrd to unsuspecting marks. You would’ve been better off with a cheaper Fiio E10K.

yes, of course
schiit only hits you because you misbehave
schiit loves you and wants the best for you

I'm quite happy with it though. It has the right set of features. The e10k is not as nifty, as it unfortunately lacks line-in.

neither. takstar pro 82

theyre 2 times less

yup. do you even read /hpg/ at all?

Apo EQ is all you need as far as I'm concerned. I'm no expert, but I know just enough.

audio-technica is always the answer

That's not how you spell HD600.

I don't even own or rate the fulla 2 but the e10k is not better at all lmao. It sounds thin and nasty in comparison. Are you the ant schiit troll? probably.

???
its all hd600 shitposting so no i dont

>clean output sounds thin and nasty
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-jdslabs-odac-rev-b-compared-to-fiio-e10k.2068/

not enough mobo power noise for the schiit shills

>Thin
It converts the audio with no change to the source.

I love my hd600s and theres nothing you can do about it!
youtu.be/3k7G8K1pDZ0

forgot my image

youtube.com/watch?v=Ic3bhIGtaog

where can I buy kawaii toho plushies

>owns hd600
>owns toys
I bet your own schiit products and consume soy

Not that person, but I bet you consume milk and have an unhealthy lifestyle.
Also, post your headphones.

Congratulations on owning the best sounding headphones known to man, user.

ah so the e10k is truly the end game amp+ ac lmoa. Pack it up everyone. No need to look int any other gear.

buddy you're trying to hard.
this should get you started

yo wtf those plushies cost as much as my audio setup

Is the e10k your man amp+dac lol?

and now you realize that audio really isn't that expensive and hd600 owners are just poorfags

having clean output is probably endgame if you're used to schiit garbage

Kill yourself you autistic retard.

Looking for cheap IEMs posted on amazon. Last time I bought zircons. Any recommendations?

I'm looking for a portable USB soundcard to drive my IEM's on computers with terrible sound output. I can't take hiss & bleep from the front panel header anymore. I found this

aliexpress.com/store/product/Ugreen-USB-Sound-Card-External-Audio-Card-3-5mm-USB-Adapter-USB-to-Earphone-Headphone-Audio/301635_32839747850.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.36caad7d1z5kSv

With no change on the FR*

Anyone here have the Soundmagic E10s?

How are they?
I'm looking for IEMs around the 50$ range

then what does that make you mr no headphones?

>Ignoring no measurements

The cheapest IEM worth buying is a vsonic gr07. Anything below that is a waste of money, everything above it until the etymotic er4sr is a waste of money.
Find another $50.

bump!

That's the entire purpose of a DAC you autistic retard, to convert the audio without any chances to it. That's why people recommend 20 dollar chink shit, because it does just that. You're literally paying for name and maybe a metal box.

A bloo a bloo!

>he believes that $20 usb dac dacs are end game

fucking hell

>posting measurements that make me feel bad about my badly engineered and overpriced purchases means you must be a poorfag

postpurchase rationalization is wild.

you dont need to spend more than 40 on a dac
retards buying 100+$ dacs are the same retards that buy expensive cables

The Chinese have grown to be a lot more skilled than we are. If poor products are made you can be sure it's on purpose.

for those who care, just got back from CanJam, biggest and most crowded booth was Schitt.
If I wasn't convinced before I am now, There was a ton of snake oil, overpriced and overrated products. The best booth was the $149 bluetooth chinese bootleg trash headphones that sounded better then most of the $1000+ stuff.

I know, it's hilarious and only prooves that the majority of posters here do not have much exposure to different sources(and headphones usually too). It's like /mkg/ in that this general is also very "casual" and generally kinda misinformed. It's a shame because I much prefer this format of discussion without usernames to other websites.

>Using the term end game un-ironically
>Also a dirty frog poster
>Also shilling for schiit
You just keep on digging your hole there, don't ya champ?

people who use end-game think buying consumer goods is a hobby lmfao
fucking PATHETIC!!!!!!!!

What were the chinaphones that were so good?

Most people on here love to think that they're red pilled in the audio sense. In reality they're retards with entry level gear

Of course. God fuck schiit I'm going to go fuck with them next year.
Their stuff is so bad
>bimby
>10 bits of resolution lmao!

>Using 20$ chink dacs un-ironically

You ok over there? AHAHAHAHAHA. Fucking faggot. Go buy another o2 amp you red pilled fedora sporting piece of shit

>if you haven't spent six million dollars on snake oil you're not qualified to understand basic electrical engineering concepts

No, I don't use them, you ESL. I said
>That's why people recommend them

You know you don't have to buy just to try right?

Same can be said about $1000 cables. I understand basic EE and psychoacoustics. You don't.

Then you would know that high quality source gear is important.

It is, and its also VERY cheap. As in under $200.

magic audio feelies don't negate factual measurements

Is that a marble case? What is that? Those tubes part of it?

m&o Electronics The guy was hilarious, his booth was completely empty but there he was pitching these shit cans telling passerbys to stop playing teams and try his headphones. Turns out I thought they were as good as mdr z7.

Wait, just reverse searched He-1. The headphones come with an amp?

I call BS. But since you're auditioning them... how do they sound?

Anybody own one of these? Just ordered one.

Timestamp and receipt and I will suck your dick and crown you king of /hpg/

>unbalanced
Not PC.
PC is single-ended.
Unbalanced sounds like it's a bad thing.