Threadripper 1900x or above as CPU

>Threadripper 1900x or above as CPU
>GTX1060 6GB
Just curious, but would this two combination cause a GPU bottleneck? If not, then I might build a system with these specifications.

Absolutely not, go right ahead.

>If I used one of the most overpowered CPUs around with a medicore GPU would it cause a bottleneck?

That CPU seems overkill for a 1060

Why are you buying a threadripper but only a 1060?

It has a lot of threads, its single core performance is subpar compared to Intel's. So in gaming applications, it won't be quite the bottleneck as compared to a 7700k or a an 8000 series CPU.

it'll be a CPU bottleneck, considering AMDshit processor fucking sucks
>hurr durr we squeeze 16 cores and stick them to one another using glue
>THAT MEAN THING GO FAST OOGA BOOGA
8 AMD cores barely equate a dual-core Pentium chip

WoW Intel internet defense force was quick this time
One జ్ఞా has been sent to your imessage
BTW Facebook has literally banned posting the జ్ఞా character

>It has a lot of threads, its single core performance is subpar compared to Intel's

Its single core performance is objectively on par with Intel's, clock for clock. Not everybody is running a fucking 5GHz 7700K or 8700K on LN2 as you shills like to claim.

what is that?

What is the purpose of this PC? If it's for gaming, you'd do a lot better to get an i5, i7 or Ryzen instead of Threadripper and use the money you save to get a 1070. If it's for some other specific use case that needs lots of threads, go right ahead.

>1060 6GB
>mediocre
Sure maybe compared to a 1080ti or if you're trying to game at 4k, but otherwise the 6 GB 1060 is objectively a pretty nice GPU.

A valid Unicode character in some Indian language that happens to crash any iPhone that tries to render it.

nice.

Applel can't do anything right so if you send that character to someone via WhatsApp imessage etc their phone freezes and crashes
It happens in different apps and with different characters too

Purpose is to do both gaming and software development

I don't plan to do 4k gaming...

Depends what sort of software you're developing. Lots of threads could shave precious seconds off compiles if you use -j to multithread make. Aside from that it's really just a question of whether what you're writing needs lots of CPU.

Buying a 2 year old 6 GB midrange graphics card for a super inflated price on a computer for video games where all the other parts will be super high end is fucking retarded.

Linux development and also for university studies (International relations is my major, completely unrelated to computer science)...

>video games?
it's not my only intention...

Then what else do you need high specs for? If your going to be mining or machine learning then this set up would be even dumber. If you're buying a threadripper for posting on Sup Forums and using microsoft word your flushing money down the toilet.

>Buying a 2 year old 6 GB midrange graphics card
Still a great card apart from >1080p or high framerate. But yeah this is why I suggested moving down to a normal CPU unless he has a use case that calls for lots of threads.

>for a super inflated price
This is the part that is actually an issue. Now is a TERRIBLE time to buy a GPU unless you leave a tab open on an Amazon search, F5 it periodically, and then one-click-buy the instant you see an acceptable one pop up for a non inflated price -- i.e. in the minutes before the miners have bought all of them.

Aside from that, I would stick to whatever GPU you have now. Or try to pick up a 700 or 900 series GPU for a less crazy price with the idea of buying a 2080 or whatever later after prices are less nuts.

No need for a Threadripper here. Drop down to i5 or Ryzen if you're sticking with the 1060.

I'm considering those two options. Either a Ryzen 5 2400G or Core i5 8400 could do my job.

Intel has meltdown, don't buy from them. Also ryzen 2 is bring released like next month and nvidia 2000 series might be coming soon and overall now is probably the worst time to build a PC in all of human history.

OP, stop
Just think about what you're doing with your life
Clean your room, read a book, go for a walk
Anything but this

It'll wok fine.

t. 1950x and 1080Ti owner

t. Intel shill.

it would be a cpu bottleneck

No. You should build a Full HD ready PC.
>Threadripper 1920x
>GTX 1080