Hey, Sup Forums

Hey, Sup Forums.
I'm a longtime iPhone user and I want to try Android. I'm choosing between 1+5T and Pixel 2XL. Which phone would you recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/07/07/samsung-profits-set-overtake-apple-first-time-smartphone-era/
theregister.co.uk/2016/09/19/fbi_overpaid_999900_to_crack_san_bernardino_iphone_5c_password/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

5T no question. The normal 5 is also good if you want a physical button and don't care for the bezeless meme.

Forgot to mention that my current phone is iPhone X.

Pixel 2 so you can actually get support.
PS as someone who has done both Android and iOS the difference doesn't mean much. Android can do a lot of computer-like stuff terribly that iOS doesn't let you do but if you have a laptop or in general aren't poor and have machines suited to actual productivity you'll realize the half-assed mobile ways are inefficient in the first place.
tl;dr forget your smartphone worship and do actual work on a capable device instead of a virtual keyboard and a shitty ARM OS

I have a MacBook that perfectly suits my needs, but I'm somewhat tired of iOS and disappointed because of recent Apple fuckups, so I wanted to try an alternative.

Pixel 2. Best pictures, latest android, everything works. It's the only option.

The only drastic difference between those two is price and camera. If the camera isn't too big of a deal to you then I'd say get the 5t, But I will say the Pixel 2 does take some really pretty photos, just please stay away from the XL models. The screen on those things is just inexcusable for any flagship phone, especially when it costs $850

I thought screen issues have been fixed in later revisions?

pixel because its fast as fuck and google will support it for atleast 3 years

Honor view 10

I just looked it up and it seems there was an update that fixed some of the color issues, but it seems like blue tint and screen burn in are still a bit of an issue, though they're not as bad as they were. Still I would go with the standard Pixel 2 anyways as paying $200 more for an extra inch is a bit ridiculous

Moto Z Play

Enjoy blue tint

Just get a moto z2 force or play if poorfag and be done with it

Get a Note 8.

Why? I want updates and clean Android

1+ makes great phones
I still have the 1 and it's never given me any problem
unless they fucked up the new ones somehow I highly recommend the company

Because it’s easily the best android device on the market. You won’t need a new device for years if you take care of it.

>You won’t need a new device for years if you take care of it.
isn't that stupid thing made of glass on both sides?
good luck with that

I don’t know if you heard... keep this between us. Don’t tell anyone, ok? But yeah there’s this new invention called.....

A case.

cases make any phone stronger you're still a gullible moron for getting the one that's weaker to start

The pixels 2 is obviously the superior choice. Any screen issue is greatly exaggerated.

Google allows a 30 day risk free return period. You don't even have to pay return shipping or speak with anyone to get the return label. Try it and return it if you don't like it.

spoken like it was written on the box
the canadian devil was more subtle

Aww you too poor to afford one? Is that why you're so mad? Still using an S4?

Why you so mad?

Never understood these filler comments

र, র, য,
र or র, ৰ)
or ৌ

no I'm the guy who still has the 1+1 because it isn't made of glass
if you're looking to waste money for status might I recommend a bottle of Cristal?
the other niggers seem to enjoy it

This, if you're coming from an iPhone both the 5t and the pixel are going to feel like trash in your hands in a few weeks.

You're probably going to ignore this comment and think I'm wrong, but wait and see. I warned you. Get the note.

There's no reason to buy a new phone if your old one isn't broken and is still functional.

Waste my money for status? No, Caleb, (I'm going to assume you're an underage poster). It's about usability. I use the hell out of my stylus and the large screen.

I'm not an autistic bafoon who drops his device every 10 seconds. I put a nice case on it and I'm good. If I wanted to meme "status" I would have gotta an iPhone X.

He doesn't want a locked down bloated piece of shit still stuck on 7.0

Buy an used Nexus 5, unlock the bootloader and flash Lineage.

I'm probably older than your dad
by your projection I'm going to assume you work at a cell phone kiosk in the mall and are about 22
no worries champ college isn't for everyone

Yeah, sure you are. Keep larping, Ayden (or whatever your shitty Gen Z name is). I’m still trying to figure out what you’re so mad. The Note 8 is a masterpiece. Sure, it’s got glass on the back - who cares? Someone sounds jealous. Mommy won’t you a new phone until you get your grades up?

>the absolute state of Sup Forums

Like I said keep larping, your shitty Chinese phone will be a forgotten meme in time. While Samsung continues to overtake Apple.

Get your grades up and get a Note and you too can be a big boy.

>While Samsung continues to overtake Apple
heh

telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/07/07/samsung-profits-set-overtake-apple-first-time-smartphone-era/

People are leaving Apple at higher rates now than in the past. Apple’s only saving grace is that retarded iMessage shit and their wall garden.

>set to overtake
lmao

>People are leaving Apple at higher rates now than in the past
Lmao

> Apple’s only saving grace is that retarded iMessage shit and their wall garden.
Lmao

The absolute state of samshit fanbo dellusion

ok kim or whatever Korean names sound like
if your product was good you wouldn't need to resort to this autism

>the absolute state of Samsung shills
>anybody not dumb enough to pay extra for a phone made of shit material is a child

>While Samsung continues to overtake Apple.
a neck and neck race for third behind one+ and essential

5T in a heartbeat, it's as good as the android experience gets. Plus you can charge it from 0-60 in 30 minutes whereas the pixel goes from 0-60 in like 2 hours

I posted a source, what’s your source, Ayden?

Here’s another source... just for you.

Http://www.whyaydencantstopsuckingcocks.co.us/faggot/postsagain.com

Post sources to prove me wrong.

>Forgot to mention that my current phone is iPhone X.
You will regret switching over to Android trust me

Care to elaborate?

>Post sources to prove me wrong.

Prove your delusion wrong? Lmao you only posted shit

A fucking article speculation on the future? Where's your source that apple is losing custumores?

Apple is literally the biggest company on the planet, growing more each day. And there are more people going to iPhones from android than the opposite.

Android is literally an ecosystem for poor people just google it. Samsung is so shit they make more money providing apple parts of iPhones than they make selling phones themselves lmao

Get real buddy

im not him but iOS is clearly superior to Android in terms of privacy and RAM management

Now your true colors shine through. You’re Apple sheep.

>Android is for poor people
>Note 8 cost $800+

And you say I’m delusional.

What do you mean “privacy?” If (((they))) wanted to track you they’d do it through your ISP. I grant you that Google is a worse offender than Apple when it comes to monitoring everything you do.... but let’s face the facts that unless you’re doing illegal shit with your devices what are you concerned about?

I will keep my iPhone, so that's not an issue.

t. Nokia 3310 user

When it comes to privacy, it's good enough on Android. Unless you're an idiot/install dubious apks, nothings going to happen to you.

As for RAM, yeah iOS has better RAM management. So what? OnePlus 5T has 8GB of RAM and it will work as well if not better than iPhone X's 3GB.

Cope to the nth degree lads.

There is literally no reason to switch over to Android from an iPhone X unless you are a hardcore ricer (but then you wouldnt have bought the iphone in the first place)

This.

Plus the fact the Note 8 sells like hot cakes.
Whereas the iPhone X struggles because it's too expensive for almost every iPhone user.

>you need 8gb of ram to open two apps at same time
fortykeks.png

Because the S8 released 6 months before the iPhone 8 and X, Samsung used price drops all year to sell units; nobody bought the X. First world countries are still Apple centric and one device costs twice the amount of Samsung's. Don't let some article fool you into thinking Samsung has any clout in the mobile realm, they just produce devices to shill their development of Korea.

As someone who has test run android vs iOS I can say with confidence the following:

Android
>multitasking
>split screen / PiP
>customization
>expandable memory
>high end devices with have better screens

Apple
>better support
>consultant updates
>better continuity between devices in ecosystem
>better polished apps
>more privacy

It all boils down to what you want and need in the end.

*consistant updates

I have a Pixel 2 as my personal phone, and an S8+ for work. The S8+ has a fantastic display but I prefer the Pixel 2 hands down. Fast af, No lag, updates as soon as they're released, Bugfixes come fast.
Before this I had an iPhone SE and a 6s. My brother has an X and I fucking hate it. It's the reason I jumped the sinking apple ship. Couldn't be happier.

Agree, but nuanced opinions on Apple arent allowed on this board.

Like what are you, some kind of fag?

Multitasking on the X is much nicer than the rest of iPhones though. I wish they would allow that across iOS. Just android has quite a few more useful features that enhance its utility at the cost of slower app support.

That’s because most Apple users just use their device and aren’t concerned about all things “tech.”

Android users tend to be more tech-focused and like to tinker. Apple doesn’t allow that. So, you have that aversion to closed systems with an opinion of anyone who doesn’t care about technology (insomuch as to study or tinker with it) as mindless drones and walla you’ve got endless memes.

I had a broken Apple Watch. I called Apple. I had a new one within 48 hours. I had an Android device that fucked up. Called the manufacturer... they sent me to the carrier who sent me back to the manufacturer.

If Apple pulled their heads out of their asses and allowed for theme customization and true multitasking such as split screen. They’d devour a huge chunk of the market.

There are many reasons, although I do agree it's not for everyone. Here are mine.

1) Many, many more apps. For example, I use Omnichan to browse Sup Forums on my phone.

1a) Many of these apps are missing because of Apple's concern for security. There is no BitTorrent client I'm aware of. A Tor browser was also missing for a long time.

1b) Many of these apps (like Termux, probably my most used app by far) are missing because iOS, unlike Android, isn't based on a modified version of Linux.

1c) You're also unable to (easily) subvert Apple's distribution in order to get access to apps like Gab.

2) iOS lacks a convenient back button (once you get used to it, you can't go back).

3) I loathe Apple design. It resembles Candy Crush much more than it resembles anything remotely serious. And, unlike Android, you can't change the look of your phone.

4) The limited home screen and lack of an alphabetically organized app drawer make finding an app, particularly on a phone that isn't your own, a chore.

5) I can actually make apps for it since I don't have a Mac. And even if I did, Apple makes you learn a cancerous new language it pulled out of its ass for no reason instead of using something everyone else was using.

6) No split-screen.

7) Rooting kicks the shit out of jailbreaking.

8) Lack of a headphone jack from iPhone 7.

9) Lack of biometric identification on iPhone X (and no, FaceID doesn't count, because it's just awful).

10) Inability to scroll without fear that I'll accidentally end up on the home screen on iPhone X.

As I said, most people, especially if they are technology illiterate and just want their phones to work and nothing more, won't care about any of the things above. And that's fine. But don't say there aren't legitimate reasons to switch to Android because there are.

>They’d devour a huge chunk of the market.
They dont care about market size though, they care about profits. Last I heard they have like 20% of the market but 80% of the profits. Soon they will be the first 1 trillion dollar company which is insane. You start to wonder if Apple knows something we dont (which evidently they do).

Tinkering on Sup Forums just sounds like ricing to me. Having controls over notifications and permissions is great and being able to keep apps from draining power or data is probably paramount by now. Can iOS disable apps without deleting them entirely? I wish

>Can iOS disable apps without deleting them entirely?
Correct me if im wrong but u can just kill the app in the app switch screen right?

Yes but facebook and instant messenger services are still going to be running so you're always connected as long as that app is installed in your device

That's not the case on iOS.

You can background refresh off in the app settings through the iOS settings.

apple and privacy
okay

Thank god, I didn't know because I've had android and been googling about iOS trying to jump ship. In my eyes if I'm paying the amount of money for a flagship like Samsung or LG I want the leverage of a larger vocal userbase that pressures the manufacturer to fix things and get shit done. With android you're st the mercy of Korea and bootloopistan. I have a Motorola now and I tried the Moto Z Play with 8.0 and even that phone has problems with apps, volume, camera access, and 3gb of ram wasn't enough to keep a few tabs in line on chrome.

There's no question android is vastly more versatile than Apple. But, the average user is just: calendar, notes, music, videos, YouTube, games, social media, navigation, to do lists, messaging, photos, e-books, paying the occasional bill and shopping on Amazon. For those listed items ios works smooth as butter.

totally believe you
rich normie will find an aspie site like this then will post too despite its awful anachronistic outlay

You'll find Apple's stability and over all usability is superior to Android. They update iOS on a fairly regular basis and you don't have to wait 6 months to get it.

You'll find the apps are a little more stable and more aestetic too. Just keep in mind you aren't going to be able to all out with customization if that's your thing.

So..?

will be a good buy a year from now

it's because of their midrange phones like J7 (2017) and A5 (2017) beats a lot of the competition in that range

I'm not interested in customization I just want the phone to have smooth functionality. I know the ways of navigating through Android are faster and I'm going to have to get used to the home button and multitasking on iOS. But I'd give that up to have a more reliable system and app updates overall. I would spend $700+ on a flagship Android no problem but that will be a huge letdown if the basic functions start to deteriorate.

Avoid touchjizz and you're good.

I know I'm never buying Samsung until they stop that

It's called samshit experience now. They don't like how touchjizz is associated with lag and are trying to move away from it.

Is that the chan app? Looks good.

>Having 8gb ram is cheaper than having 3
Oooweeeeeee

>implying the fappening and all other leaks weren't from iphones...

>>implying the fappening and all other leaks weren't from iphones...
Correct, it was an icloud leak

>Pixel 2XL

Anybody who votes for meme 5T is either pajeet or chink, i have never had a phone as shit as oneplus.

Horseshit phones

iCloud service. Law enforcement can't even unlock an iPhone

Anybody have the Telugu bomb for iPhones? Need to prank a few apple fanboys.

It’s not like you’re buying a house you might be stuck with for years and years to come. Just pick up the iPhone X and run with it for a while. You’ll either love it, hate it, or be meh to it. Either way, the only true way to know if you’re going to like something is to actually use it. All the research in the world can’t beat actually putting it in your hands as a daily driver for a while.

Android shills will always bash Apple. But, for Apple to be a soon to be trillion dollar company - they must be doing something right. Besides the Android shills will eat each other too.

I've used iOS on the X and 8 and I'm going to pick one up, I just don't have longterm experience with it yet. I would wait for Motorola to announce their new stuff but it's probably all going to run the same way as before. Besides 256gb 8 or X are 700-1000 right now which is a good time to buy before further leaks.

If he buys android he's out of pocket because their resale values are trash.

And also if you don't care about owning a phone with a display panel installed upside down

wat

e s s e n t i a l
phone

Samshill pls go

That's fake news, the iPhone was eventually cracked.

blackberry keyone

Source?

They are both great phones, but as you are changing from an X, I would recommend you to buy the Note 8 instead. The change in 'recognition' would be subtle. Also the s-pen is really useful. You have a lot of extra features you won't get on any other phone.

Note. I'm not saying the 1+ or the pixel are not excellent phones. They ARE.

theregister.co.uk/2016/09/19/fbi_overpaid_999900_to_crack_san_bernardino_iphone_5c_password/