I see no /gg/ thread so this will substitute

I see no /gg/ thread so this will substitute

why were 70s guitars so much more innovative in shape and design.

guitar stores now seem to carry nothing but
strat or strat copy
tele
les paul
SG
generic hollow body
maybe a flying v
metal head "warlock" shit design

other guitar discussion can go on too

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s15Sj18uRBPN
youtube.com/watch?v=DWBiYgcSztM
vintageguitar.com/3921/paul-gilbert-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=k4ixAfJ1LuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there's the /gg/
but it's nothing but shitposting
rip /gg/

>innovative
I don't think you know the meaning

what about that design is "innovative"?

also guitar stores almost always carry a large amount of the "popular" shapes, with maybe a few special ones on the top shelf somewhere. This has always been the case. Those guitars were never popular in the 70s either.

Should I pull the trigger on an Ibanez Rocket Roll for 650€? Are they really better than Gibson Flying V's or is that just a meme?

It's a meme dude. Vintage copies like that are only "good" if that's what you can afford.

650?
sounds like a lot

>the Ventures Model came out in 1963
>why were 70s guitars so much more innovative in shape and design
Delete this thread and fucking kill yourself, plebe.

Steinbergers started in the 80's.
A lot of boutique/luthier stuff looks pretty odd too, just look at Skervesen

off set neck pickup, skewed body shape with carved.

Univox was neat and perhaps somewhat a cheaper clone of the Mosrite Ventures.
But then there was also VOX guitars of the 70 which probably pushed the limits of the guitar the furthest with the Guitar-organ

Not gonna lie, that guy making fun of my Electromatic in the last thread got under my skin a little bit.

or if you can afford a fret level

>skewed body shape with carved.
It's not really a good thing though, I haven't played any of them but I'm sure the fret access's better if you reverse the body shape so that the shorter horn's on the bottom.

Eh, I'd take an Electromatic over any (vintage, non-pre-Gibson) Epiphone any day. You did good, Chief.

those guitar generals have really gone to shit

don't be a pussy

I swear it just went to shit in the last few days
what the fuck happened

>he can't afford a White Falcon

don't start meta discussion, it exacerbates the problem, trust me.

Anime

If this is /gg/, can someone help me identify to chords to this?

vocaroo.com/i/s15Sj18uRBPN

Shhh no more
let's all talk guitars and unharsh mellows

Anime doesn't change anything, save for a few retards that'll get angry at it.
Even the threads with SGcuck and that bassist who irrationally hated 6 string basses tuned to something other than F#BEADG were more enjoyable than last thread.

Just post the tab+sheet, it's much more easy to find the chords that way.

That's true. Does anyone have any idea why that is?

>Just post the tab+sheet
I'm sorry what?

Because X will start blaming Y, which will start blaming someone else, turning the thread into a viscious circle of hate.

What about starting a musical instruments discussion general instead of a guitar general? Guitarrists are mostly assholes so that may be the problem.

>Guitarrists are mostly assholes so that may be the problem

as someone who used to post in those generals i cant even deny this

I was under the impression that you were the one who recorded it, sorry.

musical instrument gen would be even worse.
>fucking classical player elitist
>fucking non sheet reading retards
>fucking keyboardists
>...
Someone once tried to make a composition general but it didn't take off either.

What does /gg/ think of optical pickups? The concept is pretty interesting although they're fairly rare right now. Will they find a place on the pickup market among magnetics and piezos?

Nah, I'm just trying to figure out how to play it. Any help?

One day, a long time ago when i used my amp (it's Ibanez TBX15, its my first amp), i played with a high volume and something happened to it.

For some reason it became harder to get feedback sounds from it, and it seems like something changed in the sound of the amp not in a positive way.

What happened to it, /gg/?
I'm not 100% sure if the changes are still present because i can't really compare how the amp was before to how it is now, honestly. but i think they might still be present

piezos are already rare enough on electric guitars, any kind of complex pickup/control's generally too niche to have widespread success.

Find the bassline/progression of the track first, then the general feeling of the chords (major/minor/diminished/augmented), then the extensions if there are any, or the correct voicing of the chord.

doubtful considering the definition already offered by individual piezo pickups.

Guitarists are bad musicians really and i say this as a guitarist. Most are just stuck up morons who have little practical music knowledge.

Guitarists are bad musicians only when they stick to stupid guitar theory and shape crap. Also a lot of them don't use dynamics enough, they just know how to be loud and don't really leave room for the others.
The irony is saying that when I can't even jam with a bassist and drums.

I'm pretty much a novice. Any tips on how to figure that out?

true, but most are beginners. Guitar is just more common as a hobby instrument compared to other instruments. Hobby violinists aren't gonna be much better, but they barely exist.

fuck you and your dumb meme pickup

stop calling everything a meme you piece of shit

Your statement is very wrong. i would say that guitar is the instrument that has the largest amount of talented musicians actually, because it's the most popular instrument.

Also "Musical knowledge" does not determine how good someone is as a musician. how good you are at creating music is up to your own imagination and inspiration.

i will be honest here - music theory, beyond what is needed to use your instrument, is useless for me. i learned some music theory and i never use it to compose.

Much of music theory is just an outdated set of "rules" that are actually not even rules, they are merely a set of guidelines that try to guide you to fit into the aesthetics that were popular in the classical era where those "rules" were formed.

I know my statements are controversial, but that's what i really think.

There's no secret to it, you have to use your ear.
Keep in mind a bass's D string is one step lower than your guitar's low E string, so you won't go really high trying to find the bassline.

This makes a lot of sense as well, a lot of guitars are sold but I'm sure half of them aren't played, and half of those who are won't see anything other than basic chords.

I like this guitar but it won't stay in tune for shit. Suggestions? I was thinking new tuners?

They don't know any amount of music theory even in passing and refuse to learn it. Even if it will help them.

I bet it's your nut or your saddles, not your tuning machines.

Jokes on you I know a good bit of theory.

I have Ibanez RG1570 and it takes it a very very long time to go out of tune if you dont use the Tremolo (which is actually a vibrato, btw.)

There's no bass I think. Just a solo guitar. I'm just basically trying random chords at this point. I think some veriation of E minor might be one

How long have you been playing for?

Nope, nut's perfect. Don't speak to me or my son ever again.
>blogpost about his faganez
And exactly what good does that do me?

Please remember to filter / ignore crazyaga
He is actually fucking retarded

I'm 21, i have been playing since i was 12.

I'm just recommending you a guitar that takes a long time to go out of tune

just remember, his gretsch looks like a cum rag

I said most my man

No bass doesn't mean you don't have a bassline, what I meant is basically the root of the chords.

Don't hate the ibby, hate the tripfag. Ibanez are fine really, they just get very shitty owners.

Could be the nut slot but most likely tuners. New tuners and lubing the nut should do it. 3+3 in general suffer from nut related tuning issues more but nothing lube shouldn't solve.

All of the posts i made here were on-topic, user. you literally have no reason to complain so hard. also, It's most likely that i'm more intelligent than you, user.

No, you cucksucker.

>lubing the nut
L E W D
E
W
D

Do you think C#m to B is it? It sounds close right?

Yes, most MIJ Gibson ripoffs made after 1976 were better than the real thing, thats the whole point in why they have cult status and sell for a lot. 650€ is on the cheaper side for a nice MIJ guitar. Gibsons turned to shit in the early 70s and never recovered. By that I mean, they started pumping out so many guitars with so many cost cutting tricks that tons of pretty sub par ones started leaving the factory a long side the good ones. Theres tons of posts in blooz lawyer guitar forums where dude buys a brand new $5000 custom shop les paul and posts pictures of laughable quality control fuck ups and asks 'is this right?'

Don't piezos suffer from feedback though?

;_____;

Where are you from crazyaga? English doesn't sound like your first language.

fuck. who do I trust now?

read up on how to string a guitar with those kinds of tuning machine posts. You only want about 2 wraps around the post. Just rubbing some pencil lead in the slots on the nut or vaseline, run some fine grit sand paper through the slots to take off any burrs.

Thats a weird epiphone, never seen one with that logo and it says 'USA' below it.

Autism is his first language.

What is /gg/s opinion on classical guitar? Is it the pinnacle of the instrument? or just an outdated style that holds no real use anymore?

>let me just frame this question in the moat divisive way possible and see what happens

I'm seconding that it's a meme. Gibson is overpriced and generally shitty (poor quality-control). And, while I'm sure that the Ibanez will be marginally better, it's not worth the asking price and you'd be better served getting a more respectable guitar, even if you'd have to fork over a little more cash.

Unless you're just in it for the shape, then, buy it by all means

I'm from israel, but i wish i wasn't.
I don't really like this place.

Theres lots of 'lawsuit' guitars, theres mixed quality. The real 'lawsuit' ones were Ibanez but the term has generally come to mean mid 70s and beyond MIJ guitars that copied Gibson (mostly) and Fender. It's mostly Gibson as thats the company that tried to sue. Ibanez changed their headstock and wasn't sued.

Search for 'Matsumoko' for the good ones. Thats one of the the factories in Japan that produced the good ones.

Burny, Greco, Ibanez, Aria Pro II, Tokai Japan, Electra, Hondo, Fernandes, Orville are brands that are sought after.

Burny, Orville and Greco tend to get the highest praise. Orville was Gibson's move into Japanese production.

thanks. A lot of people over the internet say "Muh rocket roll is better than the gibson flying V", but I always considered it to be more of a contrarian opinion than anything else. I could see if I got the guy to agree on 500€, since it's been sitting on the website for a while now, but I don't have a need for mid-tier guitar right now

does anyone know what guitar this is? never seen a jackson with this headstock and the painted f-style soundholes

Begginner classical guitarrist here.
IMO classical guitar is the most fun style to play, making a piece sound good is a real struggle but the satisfaction you receive when you finally get there is the best thing ever. Though don't expect people to want to listen to you if you're not really fucking good since most people aren't really interested in classical music.
It's also more sonically diverse than electric guitar imo since the tone you get out of your instrument is influenced by more factors, trying out different type of attacks with your right hand is an interesting experience.
So yeah, at the least learning it can be very useful.

I'm still looking for someone to give me an answer in regards to this subject

why would people pay more (used market) for an imitation than the real thing?

Lawsuit era guitars are the real deal. Just do a search.

>sold all my gear to afford housing/food for the next half a year or so while im between jobs and going to classes
>left with a lone contemporary tele and a vox modeling amp i used as a beater

Rec me something to learn/play for this feel please.

Fucking hell why does thing exist.

so you guys are saying that it's actually better or what? I'm confused now

I think it's cute, desu senpai

That's a freaking great and gorgeous guitar, mate. Don't let that dick put you down, even if he used mine to compared it to. Hell, I changed a shitload of stuff just to make mine look like a Gretsch, don't feel bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=DWBiYgcSztM

your chances of the ibanez flying v to be a very good guitar are much higher than your chances of getting a similar gibson flying V to be a very good guitar

vintageguitar.com/3921/paul-gilbert-3/

Harvard tier youtube.com/watch?v=k4ixAfJ1LuI

My current squeezes, GASing terribly for a Gibson LP standard/traditional/classic but fuck the prices in Australia are astronomical.

>feeling bad because people don't like your guitar's look
how stupid can you get? the only thing that's important is that you like it

Who /acoustic/ here?

Yeah, but this is /gg/ so kid's #1 'leh trolling' method is attacking people's personal preferences and claiming theirs as superior.

Anyway, here's how my guitar looked before all the changes.

Hey, that's my guitar. It stays in tune just fine.

looks like one of those post Fender pieces of shit.
Fender really fucked over the brand and made it a budget guitar

>You will never grow up in the 60's and have an amazing selection of pre-CBS Fenders, pre-Norlin Gibsons, and pre-70's/pre-war Martins at reasonable prices

I was born in the wrong generation

That's not that posters guitar, it's my guitar. It's an '84 Epiphone that was made in gibson's Kalamazoo factory.

I think in this generation there is more variety in the choices you can make compared to any other generation before it.

And also there is a much better audio-manipulation technology this days, you can do things that were not possible before.

The consumer market got a lot worse after the jews took over.

it's wednesday anons

that means after work I get to go home and play as much music as I want

:^)

G&L make better guitars at more reasonable prices.

not my taste but beautiful guitars and love the sound Billy Duffy gets out of his Gretch.

also want to get a Chet Atkin bar like on that Epiphone for my Bigsby. so much nicer than the standard bar. Does the Epi have those 2 position tone knobs?

Their S-type guitars just don't sound/feel right to me.

Yeah, the Epi comes with the regular 4-knob Gibson layout and a push/pull pot for changing between series and parallel wiring on each pickup. Very versatile.

I'll bite, what stops you from doing that every othre day of the week?

kok tet
> juden
So Sup Forums was right after all?