RAM

When will the price of RAM drop? I don't know how much longer I can wait..

N E V E R
E
V
E
R

probably start-mid 2019, when new GLO-FO TMSC lines will go online and phones will switch to LPDDR5.

Pretty much never.

Memory prices will drop toward the end of 2018 and hopefully look somewhat normal by mid 2019. China has been ramping up their state-run memory production since 2014 and 2018 is the first year it should be paying dividends. Also, Samsung has invest a lot into fabs so hopefully that will also drive memory prices down as supply increases

How about using that time you’re waiting to save up money to afford the ram you piece of shit

.t (((Samsung))) marketer

>mfw I was an early adapter of Haswell-E and DDR4

best fucking decision of my life

Then don't wait. Stop being a poorfag.
If I had to guess, there will be overproduction at the end of 2018. It takes a while to elevate production, and when crypto crashes and everyone and their mother lose interest during summer, the prices are going to come tumbling down for both RAM and GPUs.

>miners
>using a ton of RAM

Lel

The longer you wait, the more expensive it gets.

I couldn't and spent $350 on a 32gb kit

>moden gpus have shitloads of ram
>miners use shitloads of cards
Are you stupid or something

>thinking DDR3/4 is produced on the same production line as GDDR5
RAM prices have increased because of miners, but they aren't using up the sticks of DDR3/4. When the demand for GDDR5 goes up, resources normally used for DDR3/4 are redirected to GDDR5, so production of DDR3/4 decreases and so price must increase because (((they))) want to keep making the same profits

>crypto crashes
>people stop mining
>difficulty of mining goes down
>profitably of mining goes up
>people start mining

You retards act as if crypto doesn't crash 50% every year

I'm not sure but I'm not doing a single build until it or GPU prices drop and yes I have the cash to do so. However, on principle I wont be. As for what I currently have :
> G.Skill 3600 CL16 (32GB) in a kikeripper
> G.Skill 3200 CL14 (16GB) in an 8 core
All purchased at elevated but reasoned pricing. I'll never buy RAM at any price higher than what I paid for these sticks. I think it was $360 for the 3600 32GB and $145 for the CL14 16GB. These fags can kiss my ass at any higher pricing... It's funny that none of the niggers who sell main components like GPUs/CPUs are doing nothing to normalize other components. They suffer too in this all as people don't buy hardware when various components are skewed. O'well.

Ram comes out of the same factory regardless dummy
GDDR5 is probably real similar to DDR3/4 internally

Stop complaining...

I just purchased a 2x8 from amazon for 189 dollars. It's not extremely out of control buddy...

>When will the price of RAM drop?
Significantly? Not for a long long time. They may experience minor fluctuations (10-20%) by end of 2018 and somewhere in 2019.

>I don't know how much longer I can wait..
If you need it now, don't wait. The prices are gonna stay high for too long to hold back now. Maybe if it were 6 months further. Not now.

>should be 100$

>difficulty of mining goes down
Explain

Minable cryptocurrencies have a "difficulty" parameter that varies according to the total mining power of that cryptocurrency's network. This controls how many coins get awarded when a block is found. More miners increases the difficulty, reducing the returns from mining. Fewer miners reduces the difficulty, increasing the returns from mining.

In other words if the price of a coin crashes and a bunch of miners say "fuck this", the amount of coins you get from mining goes up to attract more miners back. Supply and demand. This is one of the reasons why a crash in crypto prices doesn't make video cards cheap again. The price of the coin goes down, but the amount of coins a given amount of computational power can mine for you goes up.

>

When anti competition government officials stop taking bribes to look the other way from price fixing.

>GLO-FO TMSC lines will go online
Neither make DRAM.
>phones will switch to LPDDR5.
Which will drive up DDR4 prices even more since the some of the Samsung/Hynix/Micron fabs producing DDR4 will move on to DDR5, meaning even LESS production.

Back to where it was ~3 years ago? Never.
~5-10% lower than now? End of 2019.
Welcome to the new normalized prices.

where the fuck did you get 16g ddr4 from for that price

niggers

NewEgg and probably in ~2016.
I was not as lucky.

Still a damn sight cheaper than today though. Same kit is USD$913.99/AUD$1,161.00 now...

Also, I'd have to add 10% GST and Duty fees now, since it's over the $1000 duty-free threshold.

AUD$1371.54/USD$1,088.28 total for my RAM kit now (inc. Tax and Duty)
AUD$460.04/USD$365 increase since September 2017.

>he thinks VRAM is the same thing as RAM

>he thinks they're not made in the same fabs

>I cooked a steak in the same place I baked a cake, so they're the same thing

No one said they're the same thing.
What was said is that they're using the same fabs.
Whilst I'm making a steak I cannot cook a cake.

Whilst VRAM is being made, DRAM cannot be made, since the fab is in use.

Then you have even less of an understanding than I thought

Desktop DDR4 production was not cut to make way for GDDR5. Both GDDR5 and desktop DDR4 production was cut to make room for LPDDR4 for smartphones.

Never, just suck up to the fact that it's going to cost more than your CPU and mobo.

Now you're grasping at straws.
Reality: There isn't enough fabs to cope with demand for RAM of any type.

You're trying to be as contrarian and standoffish as possible.

Bonus points if you can cook steaks and cakes in the same thing at the same time without sacrificing the quality or raising the price of either

You can google it, or not, VRAM and desktop RAM have been cut, and LPDDR4 production is up

Which use the same fabs as desktop ram and VRAM
Which mean desktop ram and VRAM aren't being produced in as higher quantities
Which is driving up price since demand didn't drop.

Which is exactly what you've been told by many posters now, but you seem to be fighting it for some reason.