Let me tell you something you already know

Let me tell you something you already know.

This album is fucking spectacular.

Last night was my 5th or 6th time listening to it but it didn't blow my mind until then.
>Dem beautiful strings
>Thommy's impossibly sad vocals
>Incredibly nuanced instrumentation
This may be my AOTY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-_qMagfZtv8
youtube.com/watch?v=A_puc6kC16I
youtube.com/watch?v=-RgOm_WJKpE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree.

I'm actually surprised how many people say this album is a grower and takes a lot of listens. Second listen I feel like I pretty much got the complete feel for it

Keep listening, nigga

I'm dling it right now, and I see the last song is "True love waits".
Did they make a new song with the same title or it's the same song they've been playing for years only finally studio recorded?

same song

It's the same song, just studio recorded. It's more atmospheric, and you may not like it at first, but give it time.

There were too many slow tracks.

Ful Stop is a legit masterpiece though, song of the year so far.

the present tense is one of the most beautiful songs i've heard lately

i doesn't sound nothing like this

Lucky you. I've been listening to it and only it for the last 4 days. I'm not saying it's the best album of the year, but i just can't listen to anything else these days. It's just so satisfying.

I hear ye.

Love at first listen for me.
There are about 4 moments in the album where I thought "Ugh, that bit ruined it slightly", like the whole of tkol, but still love this album and almost worn it out

safe album. Got really disappointed by radiohead this time.
It's not bad, it has some really good moments, but it's nothing new or surprising.

What do you think of TKOL then? It was pretty suprising. And dissapointing aswell, for me at least.

Loved TKOL, specially the live versions of the songs. I like AMSP, don't get me wrong, but there's nothing that makes me feel that I am listening to a new radiohead album.

I can't decide if Ful Stop or Present Tense are my favorite songs on the album. I've been replaying both like a fiend all day, wavering between the two.

I really hated Identikit initially but it's really grown on me.

listened to it for the first time last night at 4:00 am and when i woke up i thought it was a dream

>Ugh, that bit ruined it slightly
like what? i feel you

Hmm that's really weird. I liked TKOL too, but not so much though. And AMSP just feels like The Radiohead album to me. I know there's probably no innovation in terms of music on this album, but i'm probably even more gratefull for that. The whole album sounds like a heartbreak with bits of nostalgy on it, that i really enjoy. Man this album is one of the few things that make me glad i'm still alive. No kidding.

the live version is better, they fucked that great synth, still a great song

how do the lads keep doing it?

I always found the live version incredibly boring.

not him but
>the squeaking of guitars shifting notes on one of the tracks (the present tense i think?)
>tons of reverb on piano tracks
>thom's vocals drowned out in glass eyes

But the studio version has this sick chorus in the second part and one of the best guitar solos i've ever heard.

I'm kinda drunk, so don't judge my writing.

>implying present tense isnt the best song on the album

My personal favourite. But we all can agree that Ful stop is the strongest one.

it is you are correct good job

i would disagree, present tense is perfect, ful stop drags on just a tad but its still fantastic

ful stop is my other pick. but the way the instrumentation just slowly swells in the present tense is perfect to me. it gives me such in rainbows vibes, which is my favorite of their albums.

Can somebody whose favourite track is Tinker Tailor explain to me why it's their favourite? I love the string arrangement halfway through the track, but I can't help but notice the first half is, in my opinion, the weakest part of the entire album.

Ful Stop > Glass Eyes > Identikit = best 3 sequenced tracks of all time

>chourus on identikit

this album is great

> but I can't help but notice the first half is, in my opinion, the weakest part of the entire album.
It's not my favourite, but it does remind me of some of Radiohead's B-side tracks sound. Maybe that kind of weird nostalgia makes this song really plreasant for me.

>tfw cant listen to anything other than this album

I know riiiiight!

>ooooooh the good times
every goddamn time

it's a perfect stoner song, try it on weed

>tfw BROKEN HEARTS MAKE IT RAIIIIIIIIIN

What are those weird sounds at the end of Daydreaming? They're too scary.

why are there repeated vocals on present tense? doesn't sound right.

a string instrument I think

Thom singing "Half my life/Half my love" backwards and slowed down.

Reversed and resampled Thom saying "half of my life". Some people assume that he means his marriage.

just

youtube.com/watch?v=-_qMagfZtv8

a bowed double bass, I suppose

If someone was this sad all the time around me I'd be really annoyed, so why is this album so beautiful? If you could take sad and throw it on to someone rising into the gates of heaven, it would sound like this.

It's growing on me, but I feel like they ran a bunch of structurally sound folk songs through a Radiohead app or something.

Every track is lacquered with the exact same set of backwards sounds, loops, and echos. It's like they were afraid to release these ballads on their own merit and had to distract with noises that they know make up their signature sound, only this time they're superfluous and feel like a gimmick.

It's pretty fucking astonishing that they can put out an album this good this late in their career. I thought In Rainbows would be the last hurrah, but this is some serious fucking quality.

I think this was a good indicator of more to come

every jackson pollock is like the same drippy like thing idk

Can someone post the gif

you know the one i mean

If Jackson Pollock only released a painting every 5 years I think people would want him to switch it up.

Man i hope you're right. I hope it was a new Ok Computer before the next Kid A.

Why is Thom so cute bro: youtube.com/watch?v=A_puc6kC16I

Radiohead is shit and overrated. Not going to ever listen to this plebian sludge.

right, so you could say the part that was "switched up" was the "folk song" part. the part that remained, the ambience/loops etc are the constant. it could have been opposite I guess, but the point is, the difference remains

>every jackson pollock is lie the same drippy thing idk

far from true

Hmm. Fair point. Good point. Maybe i'm putting too much expectation on them to do something amazing again. Every bad has a schtick.

>lily allen
welp, reminds me of this. it's about her brother who play theon greyjoy on got, who could've though.

youtube.com/watch?v=-RgOm_WJKpE

and boy is she salty that radiohead are better than her

Yeah i know mate , their dad was famous back in the day.Yeah shes always struck me as a bit of a nobhead

anyone else really like the way that the synth(?) near the end of desert island disc sort of fades in then just cuts out in the left channel.

B O R I N G
O
R
I
N
G

anyone wanna talk about the production on this album? it's pretty flawless but some of their decisions are so weird that they work.

this

Decent output from an overrated band. All the cool elements have already been done before in ambient, krautrock, and space rock years ago.

>space rock

There are definitely space rock elements.

AMSP is a welcome return to form. I thought they peaked with IR so my expectations were low at first. I wasn't even going to listen to it right away if some kind user hadn't posted the MEGA. For once I actually agree with Rollingstone!

It's "fine." Overrated as all fuck just because it's a decent return to form like the new Star Wars.

This. I didn't think they could push their sound any farther than they did on IR. Apparently I was wrong.

The Force Awakens wasn't a movie. It was an assembly line product directed by focus groups. A 2 hour toy commercial.

>impying meme lyrics are good
"THE SYSTEM IS A LIE"
actual lyric from numbers

Take out the focus group part and you get every Star Wars movie starting with ROTJ.

Fuck off with this meme. The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were made in similar ways.

Well it's definitely a return to shape from King of Limbs

This thread is not about musicians who recently got their shit together, I'll start
>Radiohead
>Bjork
>??????????

The album is just so painfully beautiful. I hope they don't make us wait 5 years for the next one, though

Wait, so...you guys will listen to an album and not know whether or not you liked it until you listen a few more times? That's so weird. Does that carry over into every aspect of your daily life? I can't imagine how hard it must be for people like you to form opinions on things. Like someone asks you if you like the food you're eating and you go, "Gee I dunno, I need to eat it three more times." If you got punched in the face would the experience be completely neutral for you until you got punched some more? Jesus, what blank slates of men you are. To think that your cognitive ability, not to mention your faith thereof, is so pathetically nonexistent that you hesitate to determine whether or not you enjoy something for fear of being incorrect in your judgment. It baffles the mind. I'm getting dumber just thinking of it. Fuck. Please tell me you're not serious. I don't think I can share a board--nay, a planet--with the likes of such spineless, cowardly weaklings.
golly gee, timmy york's cord porgressions are so unfathomably complex 0_o ...gonna take a few more listens t o complete my extensive theoretical analysis (all internalized and unrecorded, of course :P ))! maybe mommy will give me good boy points for comprehending the great intricacies underlying yorky dork and the radheads!!
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate the way you have infiltrated the once good nature of this board, and I hate the opinions you have yet to form. For my sake, for everyone's sake, please never post again. I realize you'll have to read this at least six more times to fully grasp the meaning behind these words, but once you do I sincerely hope you leave. Permanently.

>tfw the grass grows over me

;__;

It's more like eating a food that you sort of liked, but were told to try again. And so you do. And you go from "I guess this is alright" to "Wow this is pretty good actually". The albums are legitametely good. Kid A, at least for me, took a few listens and now I too hail it as a masterpiece of theirs. Don't be such an idiotic prick.

Despite the fact that you're a complete fucking elitist moron, this is probably the funniest thing I've ever read on this board. Bravo, asshole.

I liked the album at first listen but the shit has grown up on me like a snowball. There is so much subtle and details buried into the songs that jump the album to another level. AOTDSF.

Good post

It's pasta kids

I feel like the strings section on every song other than burn the witch sound incredibly generic and cheesy. Other than that its a very strong album with fantastic level of production. Also decks dark and ful stop are outstanding tracks.

yeah The Numbers reminds me of ELO in the best way

This album is boring as shit, and its unfortunate to see Radiohead adapt such a teflon shield to criticism of any of their recent output but I suppose that's what happens when you stick around long enough. Their stuff is just so distant and sparse now, it kind of sucks.

Daydreaming is an OK track, but everything else just meanders in overindulgent territory. These cats hit the peak of their sound on Hail to the Thief & In Rainbows. Where they used to strike a great balance between guitar rock and textural ambience with a strong pop sensibility, now they're just rolling down the other side of the prism into bleeps and bloops and making masturbatory moon music.

>music = food = punch in the face
>all music is Immediate
ayyy

this was a great read, ever considered hanging yourself?