It's rare to find an album that is stimulating artistically, but is also exceptionally fun to listen to

It's rare to find an album that is stimulating artistically, but is also exceptionally fun to listen to.
Besides pic related, I would say Pet Sounds and some Anco also fits the bill.
What else is there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aGlpy5pgQW8?t=48s
youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=1m17s
youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=4m19s
youtube.com/watch?v=BGLGzRXY5Bw
youtube.com/watch?v=jDm2soD0UFE
youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=2m15s
youtube.com/watch?v=V4Kb8wF_EFU
youtube.com/watch?v=OL4R5iIMz-w
youtube.com/watch?v=CoCLKzqeo2c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd say Hunky Dory and Diamond Dogs.

inb4 Scaruffi copypasta

The fact that so many people cite the scaruffi quote as the best pasta shows how far it is from becoming a real art form.

The Smile Sessions
Magical Mystery Tour
Some parts of the White Album
The Mollusk

>The Mollusk

if you haven't

>Smile Sessions
I really feel like it should have stayed unreleased. The fact is it was a far less interesting album than Pet Sounds, with only a couple really standout tracks (Surf's Up is the best song on the album by a mile).

I agree that Pet Sounds is far better, but I think Smile is more interesting and fun.

lonerism is the sgt pepper of this generation

example:
(copy and paste into url, or skip to 0:48)

youtu.be/aGlpy5pgQW8?t=48s

the way he sings 'she', compared to the way kevin parker sings the line "soon i'll be alone" from this this song: (copy paste or skip to around 1:17)

youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=1m17s

also, in that same song keep on lying, the guitar riff here: (skip to 4:19 if embed)

youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=4m19s

reminds me of the opening riff on this beatles song:

youtube.com/watch?v=BGLGzRXY5Bw

and the main guitar riff reminds me of the lick from day tripper

youtube.com/watch?v=jDm2soD0UFE

right around 2:15

youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=2m15s

the production and everything else reminds me of wizard a true star, though

>stimulating artistically
the fuck does that even mean

This is the true pop masterpiece.

It's just vaudeville

okay, gramps...

youtube.com/watch?v=V4Kb8wF_EFU

People who love Tame Impala have the least interesting music taste. Regurgitating ideas from the 1960s with new production effects is not genius, nor is nearly as influential as works such as Pet Sounds and Sgt. Pepper's that inspired bands with an actually original sound.

Olivia Tremor Control is an example of a band that actually experimented with the sound of the 60s without simply adding reverb and fuzz pedals. Try them OP.

This band is rarely discussed on Sup Forums yet they are complex while being catchy. So many great tracks by Slapp Happy

youtube.com/watch?v=OL4R5iIMz-w

youtube.com/watch?v=CoCLKzqeo2c

>People who love Tame Impala have the least interesting music taste.
Nah, this isn't true at all. Most people who love Tame Impala have heard Olivia Tremor Control, as well as the Flaming Lips or Spiritualized and other notable psych artists

Lonerism > dusk at cubist castle > black foliage

ok that is some serious pleb shit

Faust and Trout Mask Replica

The zombies oracle and odyssey breh

Flaming Lips > OTC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lame impala

Smile Session > Any Beatles album

Would consider it more americana, but indeed one of my top albums. His recent slew of singles (Songs Cycled) is also brilliant. Van Dyke Parks is the best lyricist IMO

haha youre wrong
how is tmr fun to listen to?

it's goofy, i can't help but laugh at certain parts

You would know if you listened to it past the 4th song

Hell yeah I'm listening to this now and it's great