Where my /HAMILBROS/ at? This is the best album I've heard in months

Where my /HAMILBROS/ at? This is the best album I've heard in months.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FTNBdgv6VBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go fuck yourself please. I am so sick of hearing about this fucking shit.

Is it actually good or is just popular because
>DUDE NIGGERS LMAO

Kill yourself right now faggot

I am sick of this fucking plebeian and pedestrian "album"

WE WUZ FOUNDERS N SHIT

Listen to it and make up your own mind. I think it's fantastic.

How is this not just a slightly higher brow epic rap battles of history?

Because there are only two rap battles in the whole thing. Did you even listen to it?

ITS A MUSICAL SOUNDTRACK

Everyone stop

I have, and it's still fucking cheesy. Sounds like something my 8th grade history teacher would put on in order to make the subject seem hip to us kids. This shit is white people in musical form, even though no one involved is actually white.

Which act is better, bros?
Act 1 is almost mind-blowingly consistent and concise, but I feel like Act 2 has higher highs (but also lower lows). What do y'all think?

I mean that's kind of why it's good.

Imagine if epic rap battles had:
1. Solid instrumentals
2. Lyrics that are interesting beyond le sick reference bro
3. Enough depth of content to teach you material rather than just repeating what you already know about a historical figure

That's why Hamilton isn't shit

I think Act 1 is consistently better, but Act 2 has some of its best songs.

You're so white

so are you, you're not fooling anyone you know

I'm actually Puerto Rican, like Lin-Manuel Miranda. Hamilton is still middle brow, safe-for-white-America garbage. It's the hip-hop equivalent of Christian rock.

>puerto rican

yeah so everything you think is good is lowbrow by default, thanks for letting us know so we can disregard what you say

I see this comparison a lot and honestly the main difference between Hamilton and Epic Rap Battles is how they use hip-hop. Say what you want about Hamilton, but there's no denying that Lin-Manuel Miranda (the guy who created/wrote it) has a deep appreciation and respect for hip-hop's history as a genre. There's references to Grandmaster Flash, Mobb Deep, Biggie, Nas, etc. It's clearly appreciates rap as an entire genre, whereas epic rap battles use rap as a gimmick. I've never listened to an ERB video and thought "Damn, the guy who wrote this was influenced by influential hip-hop artists"

>let me defend this musical play created by a Puerto Rican by disparaging the taste of all Puerto Ricans
How do you reconcile this contradiction in your head?

Burn is GOAT
I like Act 2 more than Act 1

he's an american, immigrant of puerto rican origin
you're third world trash

great comment

ERB treats rap as a novelty, like Lil Dicky

Hamilton actually appreciates the culture and meaning behind it (and other historically black music)

I was born and raised in fucking Connecticut. My ethnic background is Puerto Rican. I was responding to you calling me white.

then I was right all along
you're culturally as white as they come

This shit is fucking stupid it's a meme album, a genuine, literal meme album. Why can't I escape this shit it's fucking everywhere like a disease it's music AIDS

Hamilton fucking sucks, the only people who listen to it are white people who want to seem urban.

>I called someone culturally white on the internet today in a Hamilton thread
will you end your pathetic life sometime soon you stupid sack of shit? :^)

well considering you did so before I did, it would only be fair for me to wait for you to end yours first

I grew up speaking Spanish you little white boi. Leave this thread, you'll only embarrass yourself further

Anyone see Daveed Diggs's (Lafayette & Jefferson) interview on Jimmy Fallon a couple days ago? Jimmy was awkward as usual but Daveed was really chill and he performed the first verse of clipping's Taking Off

>I am proud of my third world heritage!

I'm not embarrassed, but you should be

Fun Fact: I am a direct descendant of Alexander Hamilton

just wanted to brag

>Jimmy was awkward as usual
Ok why is this? If you get a late-night show, you should be good right? At the top of your game, sharp and knowledgeable and he never fucking is, he always seems like he's really smashed or just doesn't want to be there.

eat my fucking shorts I'm a direct descendant of Napoleon you fat Amerifat burgerfucker

There's no sense of pride or shame, I just grew up speaking the language since my parents were immigrants. You're cornered bro, just stop posting and admit your defeat.

youtube.com/watch?v=FTNBdgv6VBs

>tfw ywn be Daveed's friend IRL
why even live

>descended from 1 of only 2 people in history stupid enough to invade Russia

still better than being a slav lol

I'm related to Carlos Santana

now THAT'S shameful
could be worse though, at least it's not Dylan

Im a direct descendant of Andrew Jackson on my dad's side and Sacajawea on my mom's side
I feel conflicted

How is white an insult?

Is there any place to watch the whole show online? I'm hesitant to listen to just the soundtrack of a musical without context and there's no chance in hell that I'll be able to see it live

Listening to just the soundtrack is fine as long as you know what the characters look like. There are some bootlegs but they're not the greatest quality

I heard it was good but I don't like show tunes no matter what spin they put on it.

And I have heard enough from the white girl teenagers spouting it out to know I would not like it anyways

I thought it was good. It works as a concept album.

I'm sympathetic to disneyesque cheesy musicals. And this basically is a somewhat hiphop verison of one.

That's a dope fucking suit he's wearing.

Also I love that he's performing verses from cliping. songs.

this is the world we now live in

daveed diggs is fucking based and I'm so glad he's getting recognition

...anyone notice how the beginning of taking off is his immediate go-to when someone asks him to perform on the spot? he does it in like every interview I've seen. wonder why that is

>possible hamilton thread
>argument about race and shitposting
>a couple people saying musicals a shit

I want this suffering to end

This

>argument about race

where?

upthread

apparently Puerto Rico is a third world country