If you had to write an essay on an album, which one would you choose?

Go more in detail of why you'd choose that album and what you'd write about if you feel like it

DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK ITS ABOUT FUCKING MUSIC. FUCK.

Replica

Not even my favorite album btu there's just so much to be said about the influence it had on post-internet music

This is OP. I would also like a fully written essay with over 1000 words in size 12 font of Times New Roman if you feel like it

Dubs and I'll send you mine I wrote 1 1/2 year ago in college that got an A. Forget what format, that's on you.

The Holy Bible by Manic Street Preachers

You could write a fucking book analysing those lyrics. Then you have the socio-political context in which they fit, how they hold up nowadays, how they relate with the state of the band at the time, their impact, etc.

Then you have the music itself, how they combined a ton of stuff to create something unique, unparalleled to this day.

Also the importance of the artwork, it's context, the lengths the band went to use it, etc.

You could even write about the connections between THB and albums with similar themes from that time like The Downward Spiral and In Utero, all considered classics. It's a huge fucking lore man.

This. I unironically think that this is a vastly underrated album.

rolling

roll

blease

blonde on blonde

just cause i think its an important album and also one i know enough about to write a lot

What album?

Sgt. Peppers or Pet Sounds

so easy to copy paste that shit

pic related

I've written a couple, 2~ page reviews of some of my favorite albums, but if I had to a new one itd be Down Colorful Hill or maybe All The Pretty Little Horsies

Memes aside this is a legit choice.

The Powers That B. Talk about how its most likely DG planned the hype of both albums to kind of correspond with the sound and theme of both albums. also talk abou thow much of a fucking masterpiece it is

Czeckem

Either just this album, or a more lengthy piece that covers the entire Mount Eerie story.

because. I think the music is poetry so I'd enjoy researching the recording to answer the essay question.

It would be pretty cool, you could talk about the background, how it became an inside joke, it would be innovative for the professor checking it out

It would definitely have to be this album. There's so much content to talk about

This.

Also, Blackstar would be a damn good choice.

Confield.

It was just such an earth-shattering record for its time. I could write about Tri Repetae also.

Totally.

I think I could write essays on any Bowie album from Ziggy to Scary Monsters except Lodger and Pin-Ups. Diamond Dogs, Station to Station, and Heroes I'd definitely have a lot to work with. After Scary Monsters, only album I'd be able to write about is definitely Blackstar. I thought it was just the hype train at first, then I thought it was grief, but now that it's been a while I really love this album as much as his main canon which I did not expect.

Outside of Bowie, I think I could write a lot about the deeper meanings as far as growth and change in Transmissions from the Satellite Heart and I could write a shit load about Patti Smith's Horses or Radio Ethiopia seeing as she was a poet so lyrically you just have a lot of analysis to work with.

Well, if I'm going to pick an album to write about, I'd a.) have to pick an album I can write a lot about and b.) pick an album that would be interesting to learn about as to not bore the reader, and c.) pick an album where the information is readily available. As such, my album of choice would be Soundtracks for the Blind by Swans. I would write about the band, the albums that would lead up to the artistic creation of Soundtracks, and talk about each individual track and how they are sequenced.

Spiderland because there are just so many metaphors and underlying themes.

probably this

I wrote something about Time Machines in a freshman philosophy essay and got an A but i forget what it was

Lyrically, there's a lot going on
It sort of covers the progression of man's philosophy/theology through time, as well as being thematically symmetrical (tracks 2 + 12, 3 + 11, 6 + 8, etc). It's meant to be listened to forwards, backwards, in certain groups, and a few other variations

Musically it's pretty interesting to me in terms of the layering of guitars and vocals; plus some of the time signature shenanigans they pull really satisfy my autism

if you do have to write one, pick some album everyone knows but doesn't know they know, like one of those insidious radio rock ones that everyone knows but doesn't know they know, those are the insidious ones, would write itself and impress your cunt teacher and stuff

This thread has potential; keep it going

Probably Frances the Mute. I'd talk about the interconnectivity of the whole album and how it's combination of various musical styles and heavy use of dissonance reinforce the themes expressed in the story of the album.
Plantasia would be a close second just because that would be a fun paper to write.
Other than that, I think I could probably write on:
Future Days
Endtroducing
Mirrored
Surf's Up
Paul's Boutique
Loveless
Black Sabbath
Flood
Close to the Edge
Thick As A Brick
Discipline/Larks' Tongues in Aspic