What do you prioritize when you buy monitors? framerate or image quality?

what do you prioritize when you buy monitors? framerate or image quality?
1440/144hz > 2160p/60hz > 1080p/144hz > 1440p/60hz

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/nvidia-geforce-next-gen-graphics-card-release
seekingalpha.com/article/4144915-nvidias-nvda-ceo-jen-hsun-huang-q4-2018-results-earnings-call-transcript
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

panel type, then res, then refresh rate

do you play games at all? i currently have a 144hz benq with a shitty tn panel but i think i'd rather have less framerate and higher resolution even for most games i play.

It depends entirely on your use case...
Productivity:
Resolution, Colour
Gaming:
Refresh rate, response time, adaptive refresh, resolution, colour

16 10 aspect is all I look for

It's the high resolution high refresh rate monitors that are the money burners.

Refresh rate every time

Image quality, color reproduction
Why people pay hundreds for a 4K monitor with a shitty screen is beyond me

panel type then resolution
why? the best resolution cant compensate a tn panel,

so my answer to your question is: image quality (since im an adult).

As my primary I go for IQ and resolution, so that's IPS panels, current main is a BenQ 32" 4k IPS 4ms.

But I also do keep a cheap TN spare, 120hz BenQ 1080p 24" TN if I ever want to get really competitive and want good frame rates/response time.

Color Reproduction
Resolution (16:10 aspect)
Refresh Rate/Response time
Size

These are the most important things for me.

I personally wanted something large and 4k, so i bought a 42.5" LG 43UD79-B on sale.

price
I'm poor

Panel Type is my #1
Color
Refresh rate (Only really play counter strike anymore)
Res (anything above 1080 is cool by me)

I only have a 1080p 60hz monitor and a 1280x1024 because >poor but after I do a new build I'm probably going to save up and get 1080p 120hz/144hz as a primary and 1440p 60hz monitor that can rotate vertically for programming and such.

after being on ips for past 2 years i can no longer look at a tn panel. after that size is most important 27 inch or gtfo. after that is resolution, and last is fps. anything higher than 60 is nice, but its not as important as any of the other things.

60Hz is legit garbage, the fact that we went from CRTs at 75-85Hz or higher to LCDs at 60Hz is criminal.

>tfw it's been 2 years and no dell 120hz 4k oled panel

Have qHD 27" 144hz panel on my Lenovo. Looks amazing on games and had no reason to go 4K this last time since there's so little content yet.

Anyone know a decent 120hz+ monitor under $400? 1080 is fine.

27" 1440p 165Hz with a good IPS panel and free-/gsync> rest

Same
Xb271hu is my true love

Same here, except I was curious and bought a HUT as primary last month and use the HU as secondary. The eyetracking is pretty fucking amazing tech even trough my glasses.

What's the difference between the two? And what does eyetracking do?

>ugoo predator series
>$800
nty

Paid $600, not 800

Image Quality > Size > Resolution > Refresh Rate > Aspect Ratio > OSD

There's no difference as far as I can tell but they apparently made sure the 'new' line got perfect panels. No backlight bleed, no discolouration, only a single dead (black) pixel in the lower right corner about 3mm from the bezel.
Eyetracking, well, tracks your eyes. You look at where the mouse needs to go, move your mouse a bit in that direction and the cursor is there in desktop mode.
For vidya it does lots of neat shit. Been trying it out with Kingdom Come Deliverance and you can highlight objects, switch to the target you're looking at as well as get 'blinded' when looking at the sun and other bright light sources.

Just a gimmick but I'm enjoying it.

Price coz I am poorfag

For gaming you can make an argument for both higher res and higher refresh, while for everything but gaming res is the clear winner.

This but honestly the cheapest 24" 1080 samsung monitor is good enough for me

wrong order there m80

Refresh rate
Aspect ratio (need dat 21:9)
1440p minimum

>1080p/144hz
That sounds like a reasonable compromise on paper, but are there any actually good monitors produced in this niche?

>not just turning the game engines inbuilt scaler to 150-200% on a 1080p image or using DSR
oh wait im on Sup Forums

Depends.

Working? Identical monitors, high resolution

Gaming? 144 Hz

I have a pair of 144 Hz monitors and I'm using 1 at 60 Hz because my graphics card doesn't support 2x 1440p@144 Hz off the single DP (DP isn't enough bandwidth).

Contrast>Resolution>Color gamut>Back frame insertion>Freesync/Gsync>Refresh rate

the aoc g2460pg is decent I think, but expensive due to gsync

AOC have a fantastically priced 1440P MVA 31.5 panel with Freesync. Shame it is only 48-75Hz though and no VESA mount. If only they made a 27" model with 144Hz and VESA mount for around the same price I'd be on it like shit on a stick.

Both. Currently have 1080p 144Hz, the only reason I haven't upgraded is that I'm not trying to downgrade my refresh rate but everything 2160p + good panel + 144Hz is absurdly expensive. Help

Screen type > Resolutuon > Refresh rate

Personally I use IPS 1440p 144hz moniton and it’s just perfect for my needs.

Panel type, lightbleed, resolution. I don't care about refresh rate as long as it's >=60Hz

That actually look terrific as far as specs go, but damn, it's pretty big for a desk.

resolution, that's kinda it
idgaf if the refresh rate is above 60 i just want lots of room to W O R K

Most CRTs were garbage that didnt get beyond 60hz either, commonly less

nobody cares about any of that shit

edit for 1080 60 end of story, play 1080 60 for fun. you fucking knobs are in your own fucking bizarro world on everything else

>144 refresh
muh games so good!

>What are movies
Watching movies without judder is nice, why do you think TV's are all 120Hz now?

High res low refresh rate for productivity and workstation use.
Lower res but higher refresh rate for muh gaymes.

144Hz because I play CSGO and I can't go back to 60Hz without feeling choppy as fuck.

144hz > panel type and quality of it > resolution.
I use samsung curved 1080p@144hz VA panel, because it's easy to drive in terms of GPU (which are expensive af now as you know). Probably couldn't go back to 60hz. Gonna sit like this until 4k@144hz is a thing.

None of the TV's are 120hz you dumb nigger. They use jew magic to simulate higher refresh rates but the panel it self is still 60hz. And literally everyone i know who has TV's that advertise >120hz turn that feature off because it makes everything looks like a shitty Mexican soap opera.

4k/144hz > everything else

just get 240hz TN w/ adaptive refresh for competetive gaming and 4k IPS for media consumption

1440p is a meme that needs to end

If it doesn't have everything then it's either budget or gimped. Sadly the 1440p144hz IPS G-Sync panel that exists has terrible quality control and it's basically roulette with RMAs if you want a good one.

>1440p is a meme that needs to be embraced by more industries
fixed that for you.
The jump from Full HD to 4k is too drastic. 1440p is the perfect transition.

It's the perfect resolution for gaming, it's not going to die until 4k GPU's become more affordable.
>sweet spot in between 1080p and 4k
>high refresh rate options available without selling a kidney like 4k/120Hz displays
>reading pages of text is easier due to higher vertical pixel count
>actually looks good at 27" unlike 1080p
>can display 1600x1200 content unlike 1080p (So can 1920x1200 but 16:10 is dead unfortunately)

It may have been too drastic 3-4 years ago, but today it's fine.

I went from 1080 to 1440, and now 2160.

I still have a 1440 as my 2ndary however.

>tfw no 2560x1600 144Hz IPS G-Sync

Im waiting on the new 4ks to come out, currently using a 27" 1440p 144hz gsync monitor.
1440p isnt a meme , the 1080 monitors I have next to it look terrible in comparison visually

If the panel thing is true that's very good. I just had to get my xb271hu replaced due to a defect. If this next one is also defective perhaps I'll pick up a T version
Thanks

>Fing a monitor with great specs
>Scroll to images
>Red and black plastic

2160p 32"-43" for productivity
1440p 144hz 27" for vidya

is this the best monitor for gaming overall?
>27''
>1440p
>165hz
>IPS
>g-sync

contrast ratio
panel type
color space

I wish 1440p screens would come in smaller sizes than 27".

do you need 160 hz? the 144hz is cheaper and technically the same

>144hz is cheaper and technically the same
how can it be technically the same?

144hz means the screen refreshes each pixel 144 times per second.

165hz means it does so 165 times per second. In no way are these two "technically the same"

are there none?

after 144 hz you reach diminishing returns

Says who?

There are 240hz options out there as well.

why cant NVidia support freesync

HDMI 2.1 will natively support adaptive refresh. We'll have to wait and see how AMD and Nvidia react to that.

money and lack of competition. also im pretty sure they love the fact tha AMD has given up.

but that's hdmi. isn't displayport better?

rtg i-is just taking their time j-just wait for their great comeback, it's going to be zen all over again I swear

i personally do hope AMD give nvida a wake up call, they cant keep getting away with nerfing 1080s and calling them 1070ti's that and i cant wait for ampere to be released so that the GPU prices drop...a bit or maybe we get the chance to buy a GPU again.

speaking of which i want to get the i7 8k but i hear they are all super hot since intel freaked out and just shit a cpu into the market is that true?

Panel Type
Color quality
Resolution
Physical Size
Framerate

The 165Hz is just because the panel is factory overclocked by Acer/Asus/AOC/etc who use the 144Hz panels.

next gen is not called ampere

does that mean that we can buy the 144hz and OC ourselves and save 80 bucks?

The reason it's expensive is because G-Sync costs a shitload.

Most 60Hx can do 72Hz as well, just create a custom resolution

None that fit my standards (IPS/VA, 100+Hz)

Well, my old clunker apparently goes up to 66 before refusing to cooperate. Good to know, always 10% more.

huh, i though it was volta

Volta isn't for gaming cards. Gaming will be Turing.

I rarely play games, and when I do they aren't very twitchy. As long as the input lag and response times weren't terrible, I'd consider the monitor. Resolution and size are the same thing to me. I didn't want anything too big, but I wanted a screen bigger than my last 21.5". 27" seemed just right, therefore 1440p was just right. I have a 1060, so both 4k and 144hz would have been stretching it. 4k would have made my Oldschool Runescape window too small, anyways. I'm an amateur photogapher so I wanted good color accuracy. My last panel had shit color, so I overcompensated, aiming high in that metric.

Baseline requirements (acceptable input lag and response times) > not being the wrong size/resolution > out of the box color accuracy (fuck buying a calibrator) > refresh rate

I ended up buying the Benq SW2700PT. $150 more than a comparable dell, but it came with a hood! How neat is that?

but will it be released or will nvidia make another 1080? that the question.

Oh and I forgot to add, fuck touch controls. Stick the lack of touch controls in between color and refresh rate.

It won't be at GTC or GDC, and the CEO said that Pascal would be the most powerful for the "foreseeable future".

Descending:

Image stability or viewing angle, hardware calibration, resolution, uniformity, contrast, then response time.

all AMDs fault.

Raja in particular.

>Raja
fuckface should have stayed in apple.
>the king is back
ugh.

And before someone calls BS, here's sources:

>Sad news, everyone... Nvidia’s next-gen graphics cards aren’t launching at GDC or GTC
pcgamesn.com/nvidia-geforce-next-gen-graphics-card-release

>NVIDIA's (NVDA) CEO Jen-Hsun Huang on Q4 2018 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
>(...) we expect Pascal to continue to be world’s best gaming platform for foreseeable future.
seekingalpha.com/article/4144915-nvidias-nvda-ceo-jen-hsun-huang-q4-2018-results-earnings-call-transcript

My old shit 60Hz NEC panels at work can do 75Hz easily

why does AMD not compete? why was vega so average when they had a year and a half to plan? why must i not get my new turing gpu?

>My old shit 60Hz NEC panels

Let me guess, they're 1980sxi or similar but you consider them "old" .

Well, mine goes extremely grainy at 67 and above. Maybe I shouldn't be using DVI, I don't know.