Torrent Client Thread

Update or not update?

Why bother? The only client that matters is still at the top.

I'm still running qBittorent 3.3.3

>Deluge
>second most trusted
>can't handle 500+ torrents
keked

>rtorrent above transmission
do you even daemon + ncurses UI?

The Tixati's description dumb.
>tries to be the new uTorrent
This was NEVER intended or said by developers. The client out-in-the-box presents a very different organization and look. There isn't anything there that resembles uTorrent outside of closed source. In fact, it's qBitTorrent that is trying to be THE "uTorrent", as confirmed by its developers.

>UI is bloated
I can agree that it may look like a mess, but remember that the torrent client itself provides expanded customizable visual options, that can diminish the "bloated" look of it.

>ugly
If you meant the black background and colorized numbers, then that also can be changed too. There are options that you can change to make your client simply look like a modern program.

>and slow
No problems here, and it's not dependent to Java or .NET, meaning there are low chances of some person finding out it's slow with its GUI. By the way, Deluge suffers this, not Tixati.

>connection quality is mediocre
Torrent clients are programs that simply organize the P2P network, send and receive requests of seeders and peers, NOT to accelerate our download and upload speed. The connection speed is dependent to how many seeds one torrent has and your ISP provider, but it's NEVER dependent to the torrent client itself. You will still get the same speed through the clients.

>allows you to spoof your client, meaning no private tracker will accept it.
>IMPLYING this a bad thing
Why in the world is this image admitting telemetry is only okay as long it involves private trackers robbing data of your torrent client? This doesn't look like a Sup Forumsentoo wrote this. Not only that, I don't understand what's the point of browsing on private trackers, the communities that asks for arbitrary requirements just to join, and break the point of sharing files.

>while useful features get ignored
I can agree the channel chat is bloat, but what "useful features" is it lacking?

>god tier
rtorrent (-rutorrent)
btpd
aria2
>good tier
transmission
deluge
>low tier
qStalledMeme
>shit tier
utorrent
bittorent
all other memes

Also, the qBittorrent's section needs to be updated based on its latest updates after 3.3.16. It's managing to be even more broken and buggier than before, and now looks ugly and inconsistent.

Is uTorrent okay if I'm still running 2.2.1?

I use Deluge, have 1283 torrents.

There's better, but it's fine.

I'm a Windows fag who can't figure out sonnar with muh private trackers so it'll have to do

utorrent is still the king

anyone?

>rtorrent
>no uTP support
it belongs in the trash

Deluge is so awful...

Placebo?

I can't reasonably understand why people use deluge.

It peers aggressively so it's a must if you race on private trackers but other than, it's pointless

Why shouldn't I use deluge?
At least until Qbittorrent fixes all the UI errors and bugs.

BiglyBT is Vuze without all the shit. Best torrent client.

Why even care when the client is proprietary garbage?

No, use picoTorrent.

Why do you try so hard to defend this shitty client?

lol

I used to have a similar number and it keeps crashing :/

The only update is to recommend not to update qbittorrent to version 4

>2012+6
>Torrenting

This.

Oh, uTorrent... how did they manage fuck it all up.
>use the last good version
>update notification pops ip, press OK
>antivirus fires up with multiple PUP installation attempts blocked
>register account on uTorrent's support forum and civilly express disappointment
>banned

Used for a while, switched back to transmission, Tribler seems to suffer from the same bloatware issues as vuze, but acts slower.

I never had a crash in the 14 months I have been using it. Btw not all these 1200+ torrents run at the same time, maybe you have 500+ active torrents seeding? I never tried that.

Transmission daemon supersedes rtorrent in every way. Is minimal, configuration file is braindead easy, it even comes with a web UI.

Fuck off shill

That was probably my problem. I can't remember if I have queue enabled but I use Transmission without it anyway.

This

No labels lol

Transmission just works. Deluge doesn't even install properly on xubuntu.

Oy vey shlomo did you tried to go against the botnet?

Yeah and Deluge is known for its good UI and consistency...

>Google rtorrent
>rTorrent is a text-bas(...)

OH NONONONONONO