Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/musical-instrument-pedal-guitarra-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-Klon-Centaur-Professional-Overdrive-Imported-Germany-Japan-Material/1951033094.html?spm=2114.01010208.0.340.VDcTlN
youtube.com/watch?v=MYK_PF9WTRE
youtu.be/92Kr2sIc5ss
youtube.com/watch?v=U75g2mDTXtA
youtube.com/watch?v=DjRXDEGQoYY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this has been Seattle's music gear craigslist for months and it's depressing me.

let's start this again

Is a telecaster/deluxe reverb combo viable for sludge rock? (With pedals of course)

I want those amazing jangly cleans but I also like to dabble with shoegaze/sludge kinda stuff.

Or should I opt for something with tighter mids? Any suggestions/ideas?

To my Brazilbro, I'll contact them via email tomorrow and depending on if they're interested I'll talk more about putting you in a position to work in the states. Look for areas you would like to live here in northwest Chicago it can be cheap if you choose a Latin nieghboorhood. I'm just glad I can help you get out of the hellhole that is Latin America, my uncle was kidnapped by cartel in Mexico in 2014 and we've been trying since then to get him and his family over here but to no avail, also my grandfathers godson so work visa was denied in Febuary to work as a 4 star restaurant chef but we still weren't able o help him. I have hope that I can help you out and land your dream job.

this has also been seen in the Portland craigslist. It's kinda sad

yes, but you might want an EQ pedal to tame your highs here and there.

Send link pls

First is worst

Hey, that's like the Strat equivalent to my SG, unless the lighting makes the color look different

yeah, that's one of my favorite setups.
I have a Tele and a blackface Fender head and I play doom and shoegaze-influenced indie rock.

Is he wrong /GG/?
What would a different version of this ad look like?
>it's the X series, so it's serious as shit," the New York City-based guitar seller writes. "[It's] not for wimp rock or doom metal. It's only for serious riffs and metal.

"It's from 1984 (most likely older than you or your favorite shitty bands). It plays Eighties metal perfectly—Kreator, Motorhead, maybe some Venom, Judas Priest, Randy Rhoads (but if you want to play Randy Rhoads, you should buy a Randy Rhoads, you scum).

"This guitar can also play Motley Crue and Megadeth. This guitar will be perfect for playing in a Motley Crue cover band (but you don't, though, because you don't have the chops).

"THIS GUITAR WILL NOT PLAY DOOM METAL. This guitar needs to play GOOD RIFFS and not BORING doom riffs. If your favorite band is Black Sabbath, I can't sell this guitar to you. If you own a Fender or Gibson and want to upgrade, I can't sell this to you (Ibanez Japanese guitars are the PRIME of guitar craftsmanship crafted by the ancient Japanese wizards—if you think otherwise, you haven't played one of these HEAVY METAL BATTLE TANKS.)

"If you want to play REAL GUITAR RIFFS, this guitar is for you! If you have a Marshall full-stack in your bedroom, THIS GUITAR IS FOR YOU. If you say you are ready to buy this guitar and show up to buy it wearing a Mastodon shirt, I can't sell it to you. I MEAN RIFFS, not some banjo jangle pentatonic shit. If you own an HM2, this guitar is perfect. You can get the perfect chainsaw distortion with these HOT HIGH GAIN RAIL PICKUPS. Real riffs only."

want my weeb mustang when I off myself?

Is this the tele equivalent then?

Ah that's good to hear. I don't want to feel limited by what sounds I can get.
I'll definitely do this too when I get to it. Thanks

I spit my drink. Hilarious.

Tele seems to be a little darker blue than what I was going for, but sure why not?

It's another "changes with the lighting" situation because of the metallicy finish

Oh shit, yea that looks more like it.

It'll limit you somewhat, probably won't do hardcore punk or high gain metal, etc. but you can get a ton of genres out of a setup like that. Fender stuff is some of the most versatile out there.

that binding is so sexy

What kind of amp would you guys recommend to get a smooth bluesy tone whist being able to play your casual rock/indie? I'm thinking I'm going to have to invest into seperate amps but wondered if there's one out there that does both. I use a fender blacktop strat. Price range is anything really

this post and that guy who keeps posting about "dippy dave" are really weird

made mine last night but I would probably put a Dr. Z Carmen Ghia as my dream amp

Thanks. Thankfully I'm not looking to play those genres. Just want to have a nice usable heavy fuzz sound when needed

also want a fender jaguar hh classic player

Please don't bring that faggot over here

What's pedal #3?
Firebird is on my list too.

>What's pedal #3?
From the dream gear of course

Post Japanese fenders.

Just ordered a Carvin Vader 4 string bass for a graduation present. This is going to be a long 10 weeks.

shit i put fender on top of the sg my bad

Have you tried a Carvin before? I want to do so but having not tried their guitars before, I'm having second thoughts.

>Post Japanese
Damn metalheads with all their sub-genres.

I guess

I'll post one more then.

Bonus points if you can recognize the CD on the bookcase.

I have not. I'm just going by word of mouth. I've heard nothing but great things. I currently have a Geddy Lee Fender Jazz which I love, but being in a metal band I wanted something similar with 24 frets, neck through, and active electronics. I also wanted to really customize the look of the guitar and was interested in headless. Because of these reasons I went with the Carvin. If you're interested, I always see good deals for used Carvins so I'd pick one of those up if you are curious and don't mind not being able to select the exact color and other stuff you'd like.

Yeah I heard good things about them, but man I have to pay 100+ shipping to ship it back if I don't like it.

Can I please have your guitar?

Here's mine

I want a MIJ Tele t᠎bh

Ive always wondered CARstangbro, why does your mustang have such sharp defined edges compared to my beck one?

Is it? It might be just the lighting.

Actually, I noticed that the spacing between your Beckstang's control plate and pick guard is a lot bigger than mine.

What year was yours made? If I recall correctly, mine was made in 2009, Fujigen plant to be exact.

same year and plant, mine is a 69 reissue though, so that might be it?

Mine's also a '69 reissue. My warranty card from Fender Japan says MG69-CAR-MH.

Other MG69s follow the same spacing as mine. I googled a bit for pictures of Mustangs and it seems like that big spacing is unique to the Beck model, I don't know why.

>Old dude I know is getting rid of all his instruments because he's grown almost completely deaf
I was not made to handle these feels

hey there azusa

all I can think of with that is that it's meant to look like pickguard shrinkage due to age. its weird

Why haven't you bought a Klon yet?

aliexpress.com/item/musical-instrument-pedal-guitarra-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-Klon-Centaur-Professional-Overdrive-Imported-Germany-Japan-Material/1951033094.html?spm=2114.01010208.0.340.VDcTlN

I finally learned the basics of slap. Need to work on muting and on getting consistent popping down on all strings, but I can do some cool licks already. How much does slapping actually destroy your strings?

Don't mind the metalpleb, just passing through :^)

Can you score a cheap guitar off that?

Don't know, doesn't have much left I believe.

>wanting an MD-2 while he already has an HM-2
m8

HM-2 for sthlm death, MD-2 for gbg death :^)

There's other distortion pedals I'd probably consider though, Always wanted to try the MT-2 running into HM-2 meme but if it's just bad I'd end up accidentally owning a MT-2. Risky move.

So, why didn't anyone ever build a guitar with shiftable frets? They could be held on in magnetic rails with little levers on the upper outside edge of the fretboard. Strings would have to be non-magnetic, of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=MYK_PF9WTRE

Woah

That's incredible but I can't imagine how much of a nightmare it is to setup. And sweat would get everywhere in it, which would be even more awful to clean.
Not to mention you probably have to ditch regular music theory as a whole because of microtones.
That being said the tapped part at 8 minutes is amazing.

>tfw no cute female guitarists

How do we get cute girls to start playing guitars seriously?

Anyone got any cool videos of SSS strats doing heavy riffs?

>heavy riffs
>single coils

Well, Wintersun did well when Jari was using a tele

I can't find it back but there's a video of gridlink's guitarist showing how single coils sound like for deathgrind.
I think work well for Doom/Stoner too.

WAT

Can anyone tell me what the chords in the brackets mean? Are they added tensions?

brackets in tabs normally just mean play lightly/softly.

its an ossia for alternate/suggested chord voicings and substitutions

wrong

Chord substitutions, probably the changes used on someone's recording

Okay for the first measure, the alternative voicing given is Cmin7 F#13#11.

Does that mean I play Cmin7 first, then F#13#11?

yeah, there are two chords in that bar

yeah it's just spaced really badly lol

they're mostly tritone substitutions and secondary dominants if that helps

I am currently in the market for a new amp and I am on shoe string budget. I currently have a 1x8 practice amp (fender mustang) and am currently looking for a 1x12 on the used market.

I am open to suggestions but something I'm currently looking at is the Peavey Pacer. 45 watt 1x12 pretty loud, really cheap at less than $150, and it sounds pretty good too from the little bit that I've played one.

So does anyone have any experience with this amp? And any other recommendations for a 1x12 on the used market for under $200-250 would be greatly appreciated.

Pic related is a peavey pacer

sometimes I run all that to an m9 for the tri-chorus, synths, flangers and the pattern tremolo. Then looping with it too.
The only thing I want is a 7/8th stratocaster with lace pickups

how are those tiny pedals? I'm looking for a chorus or envelope filter

A newer say late 80's-90's Bandit would be a better buy in your price range.

They aren't bad, but they aren't great either. They sound okay and are built pretty well (metal casing). You pretty much get what your pay for, would recommend if you're on a budget.

Okay so I just started listening to jazz, and I noticed that.. A lot of the players are either old or dead.

Aren't there any 'younger' kids playing Jazz? Or is twinkies and djent taking over the guitar scene?

youtu.be/92Kr2sIc5ss
but i can't look up the parts for you
oh and julian lange

>julian lange

Sounds like what I'm looking for. Listening to Arclight now.

How do I learn to make feedbacks intentionally?

not exactly jazz, but more jazz/rock fusion. Check Guthrie Govan out, listen to his album erotic cakes, best guitarist in the world objectively, not even joking.

youtube.com/watch?v=U75g2mDTXtA

Anyone else tired of the counter-culture "pedals are for hipsters" crew around here lately? The "BOSS is all you need!" mentality was something I used to have way back when I was poor and really bad at guitar.

Guthrie is the Jam. Fives is a killer song.

Like just about everything else:
Practice.

Experiment with proximity and angle to your speaker, then when you find something that works, practice it so you can achieve the feedback you want, when you want consistently.

Guthrie is a good one too, I like his stuff with Aristocrat.

But I'm looking for someone who plays more purely, think clean tones with a walking bass.

never encountered that culture, am dismissing it right now. Anyone who uses multieffects (apart from axe-fx or kemper I guess) I don't value their opinion about tone. I still kind of hate axe-fx users but given the opportunity I'd use one for recording and live without hesitation.
I know a bunch of young guys who play amazing jazz but none make their own music.
Try rabin for more gypsy side of jazz fusion but still not actual jazz.

*the band is called marbin, the guitarist is danny rabin. My bad.

like guitar center level gear?

Not sure what you mean by this.

I mean the "fox and the grapes" sort of idea that people get about more expensive gear. It might be out of their price range, so they claw for reasons to poke holes in it.

if a pile of gold crusted shit was outside of your price range, would you not call it shit for fear of being called jelly?

youtube.com/watch?v=DjRXDEGQoYY

I am poor and really bad at guitar, Boss is also all I need. Dunno why there's people around talking down on pedals though.

No, I'd watch it go out of business for being a peddler of shitty products. If the boutique pedal industry was mostly gold crusted shit, it wouldn't have lasted as long as it has. Guitarists are cheap.

R8

People are odd. No one would call a Ferrari a fancy Corolla just because they couldn't afford one.

1987/10.

kek

Didn't add the looper and the di box.
Also I could easily have over 50 dream guitars, same about boutique pedals just to cum over them but I rarely play anything other than clean or overdrive.

>Anyone who uses multieffects (apart from axe-fx or kemper I guess) I don't value their opinion about tone
I kinda think that way, but I saw Gorguts live and Lemay sounds really good, he just uses some line or boss multi-fx, plus he's an amazing guitarist so there's that too.