Why is the USA planning on building such large rockets ?

Why is the USA planning on building such large rockets ?

Other urls found in this thread:

trinikid.com/2015/03/new-study-shows-which-country-has.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Look at this thing. It's huge.

What do they know that we don't?

Is planet x near?

compensation

How else are you supposed to get an american to the orbit?

FRANCE BIG

Because SpaceX is a fraud so you need something to compensate

Shuttle, now with only 50% chance of exploding mid-flight.

WOAH GUYS WE ARE LIVING IN THE FUTURE THREAD

spacex is launching 10 more falcons this year and a falcon heavy

that means they will get reusability down yes or yes

resuability will bring down costs of spaceflight by 100

that means that from the year after this on everything space related will be 100 cheaper

but another thing

le ebin space mining is suddenly ultra profitable

cue to platinum becoming ultra abundant on earth, since in space we have it in close to infinite quantities related to the earth size (we could practically build a couple hundreds earth of pure platinum) that means platinum on earth willb ecome as plentiful as silicon

that means that suddenly ultra efficient futuristic car batteries will be all around

so that means that now most machines will work with between 70 to 95% energy efficiency

and thats just in the first 10 years of the great space revolution of th emind, what more could come of it

i personally think that most sci fi failed to imagine the change would be so quick and disruptive.

after all this is done, how do you think the great change will continue?

seriously tough, i think elon musk will get killed sooner than later

if they get reusability right then ULA, Ariane, Energia, india, motherfucking the whole god damn goverment of china and some others would instantly lose a several thousand billion dollars per year business...

and i mean sure, you may argue that its inevitable that if elon doesnt do it someone else will, yes but it could take up to 50-100 years before someone tries again this correctly

so just kill one guy and keep earning 1000 billion dollars every year? i think its a no brainer for them

i think elon musk must spend much more money in personal protection than on the rokcet themselves, if it wasnt for that with his genius of design he would have gone to mars by now, like really easily

fuckin alpha centaurian

ON OF BNILLIONS

(le epin french response masterman): le no

>Why is the USA planning on building such large rockets ?
They have to be that large if they're hauling american tourists.

the thing about meme fucking origin's meme rocket is that the propellant it uses for its first stage (CH4+LOX) is very low density, meaning it needs a larger core to compensate and therefore larger size. in terms of payload it will likely be around falcon heavy, except it'll be an even bigger meme.

Gimme your big cock nigger

they like big phallus

fucking jap

trinikid.com/2015/03/new-study-shows-which-country-has.html

that's around 100 meters right?

yep that is huge

BELGIUM BIGGEST

Belgium > France > Dutch ahahahaha

NASA is conservative in their design for a good reason as we saw 2 weeks ago when a falcon exploded during the fueling stage (liquid oxygen caused cracks in the tubes connecting the tank containing it [O] with the engines, which led to it prematurely mixing with the kerosene).

NASA is already aware of the dangers associated with it and solved the problem back during the apollo-era. Which also happen to be when they had their last issue with it. SpaceX is the biggest meme company, not NASA.

>Look at this thing. It's huge.
What yer nan said innit m8? When she saw my massive black dong innit?

Reminder that the Saturn V was capable of going to Mars and back
Reminder that it would have been cheaper to use the Saturn V instead of the Shuttle. The shuttle was a mistake.
Reminder that SpaceX hasn't reused a single one of the rockets they recovered.
Reminder that refurbishing the Shuttle was expensive and then came a point in wich it was actually risky to keep on refurbishment, meaning they had to buy new stuff anyways, making it so that expendable rockets can actually be cheaper than reusable ones.
Reminder that the last SpaceX failure was a fueling one. NASA hasn't had a fueling failure since the 60s

t. thundercuck

what

>SpaceX is a fraud