Questions for Russians

What exactly happens in your country? On a scale of 1-10 how developed are you? I get the impression that Moscow and St. Petersburg are nice cities, but that the rest of the country is Africa-tier. What do people do for a living in all of those lesser known cities?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rISjW69m7o8?t=18s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is it that, outside of the two main cities, a typical Russian suburb looks like this?

>What exactly happens in your country
shit
>On a scale of 1-10 how developed are you?
>get the impression that Moscow and St. Petersburg are nice cities, but that the rest of the country is Africa-tier. What do people do for a living in all of those lesser known cities?
higher salary -> higher prices, people in moscow and spb aren't richer than in rest cities
99% of "suburbs" in russia are just villages

The picture I posted is a typical neighbourhood in a city of 170,000 people. Why does every detached house in Russia have an 8ft fence made of corrugated steel and scrap lumber?

These mid-sized Russian cities on street view are great, they look like a dystopian version of Canada. Thank you Putin for allowing Google into your country.

>Why does every detached house in Russia have an 8ft fence made of corrugated steel and scrap lumber
dunno i never lived in a village, probably to not let people see what happens inside the yard.

Seems comfy enough to me, I value calm and silence much more than entertainment

Though electricity and heat might be a problem

Same thing in the West, except that we use trees or stone walls instead.

>Moscow and St. Petersburg
>nice
kek

>What exactly happens in your country?

Nothing worth your attention.

>On a scale of 1-10 how developed are you?

1/10

>I get the impression that Moscow and St. Petersburg are nice cities, but that the rest of the country is Africa-tier.

Most of Russia is below Africa-tier.

>What do people do for a living in all of those lesser known cities?

Dude, i don't even know... work jobs, probably?

This is actually considered pretty well-off here. Most people can't afford a whole house and live in commieblocks. They even have a car.

I've been to an African city and from I see on the pictures, Moscow is much better. It's probably better than Kiev and even Kiev looks touristic from this video
youtu.be/rISjW69m7o8?t=18s

Kiev is a proper european city, albeit quite poor. Moscow is just a huge shithole. Imagine Mumbai, but grey and cold.

There's no life outside of Moscow, all other places in Russia are ghost towns with no population.

I have a cousin who's a huge russiaboo and thinks her wants to live in moscow. What would he be in for?

His life won't be very long, that's for sure.

Why does every Russian on Sup Forums hate Russia?

Lol.
Also please flagellating yourself, it doesn't make you looks better.
On a scale of 1-10 how developed are you?
I say 6 overall.
>rest of the country is Africa-tier.
Well, I've never been to Africa, but rural Russia is really underdeveloped, yes. Main problem is overall apathy of people.
>What do people do for a living in all of those lesser known cities?
Same shit as everywhere in the world.

>comfy enough
maybe only in summer, but you still have to prepare firewood and grow food for the winter. many of these houses don't even have water and gas inside

Which cities have you ever visited.

That's the key differences between villages in the West and Russia, commodities, maybe roads and also distance to towns

Pic related is a house in a small village in one pretty poor region of France

Otherwise both have charm

Another house in the same village

You would not understand because you don't have to live in Russia.

This. Russians who don't have to live in Russia love it.

in russia only yokels or half-yokels live in villages, in europe villages are inhabited by average people

>This is considered pretty poor in France.
;_; fml.

its quite useless to compare russian villages to european ones. european are counterparts of suburbs ie close to towns with good roads. russian on the other hand they are real villages scattered across whole russian.

Most cities here lack roads and basic infrastructure, let alone villages.

This is considered rural poor, mind you. Urban poor is quite a bit different. Pic related is an urban poor zone (HLM, rent is fixed by the state) and is probably 50% or more black and Arabs.

Only old people live here anymore, that's the problem and the source of poverty

The gray things are asbestos sheets.