Norwegian Universities

sup int, I have a question for our norwegian friends here.

I am thinking about taking my computer science master degree in norway, so I have a couple of questions:

is it true that state universities are almost tuition free, with a semestral tax of around 200 kronors?

are those computer science degrees any good? are they very practical? your state universities are generally considered of good quality?

Other urls found in this thread:

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Norway&displayCurrency=EUR
mastersportal.eu/articles/217/studying-in-norway-financial-matters-and-living-costs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go up there and start a black metal band instead

black metal is shit dude, if I could growl properly I'd rather go to sweden and start a melodeath one instead. but let's not get sidetracked here

Swedish universities are better and higher ranked. Chalmers and KTH are amongst the best Uni's in Europe. We also have free education for all EU-citizens.

Your a shit, dude

duuuuuuude that's cool.

but let's just say that I might have a problem with all the niggers and cuckholdry there.... how bad is it truly?

also how expensive is life there? i'm not rich so that could be my main problem

Yes, it's true. The education you receive is good, basically the same you'll have in higher ranked universities around the world. University of Oslo is best for computer science I think. But some might say NTNU (I think they'll be wrong in claiming that). They're both good, though.

We don't pay tuition fee. As far as I know it's the same for the international students.

Remember the living expenses are high in Norway.

The memes about Sweden are true, but if you're only going there to study then it won't matter much to you at all. Their unis are very good.

awesome.

how high? could you make a comparison? I was hoping that the change krone to euro could play to my advantage....

is it true that theirs are better then yours as the swedish guys said? also I might have a very big problem with all the cuckholdry.... let's just say I am a quite vocal guy

what I wanted to say is, do I really risk going to jail/get fined for insulting someone or writing offensive shit on the internet, or for fucking a chick that might change her mind the next hour and shit like that?

>is it true that theirs are better
It's true that theirs are better ranked. I think Oslo is like 110th in the world or something. I think Uppsala is 81, Lund is like 90.

But this doesn't matter much as far as the education goes. You'll do as good as you are prepared to/able to do.

thanks. also, could you tell me what is the situation for student housing? how expensive they usually are and such

Rent will probably be 450-650€/month at least?

I guess this will give you an idea of the prices:
numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Norway&displayCurrency=EUR
mastersportal.eu/articles/217/studying-in-norway-financial-matters-and-living-costs.html

I'm not sure how it is for international students, I'm sorry. Norwegian students can make do with 50 000 NOK a year for living expenses, while living in a collective appartment that they pay for themselves.

fuck that's a shitload of money.

and that too.

I might consider sweden more as a more serious alternative, if they provide state housing or economic aide for foreign students. thanks a lot anyways

NTNU is a very good university at an international level. I have many friends who have studied CS there, and gotten good consultant/dev jobs with pay of 55 000 euro/ayear.

Cant tell how it is for Norway, but in Sweden every citizen can study for 6 years and get payed to do so.

However forigners has to pay quite a bit to stop everyone from comming here and using our system. Forigners are payed by their own country to study here if they have also has such a system.

Norway probably has a similar system.

>state housing or economic aide for foreign students
They may provide this here too, but I don't know anything about how it is for international students here.

living costs in Norway are insane, impossible to study on your own there if you are not rich

Also, you might be eligable for student loans from norway? Or at least erasmus money.

How is the student loans in Italy?

This. A pizza is like 20€ or something.

I pay 4-5€ for a Margherita

Or 6.

Actually it's not that high that one would assume. Switzerland is more expensive, for example

Planning on getting masters in University of Oslo, but in geoscience. But i cant understand your A-F grade scale. If i have like 3.8 average on 1-5 scale (the more the better) will it grade down or just expand to Grade C and I will be fine to apply?

well I am honestly not very well informed about erasmus.

what I can tell you is that we do not have "student loans". we have a system based on what you could call "study prizes" that do not need to be refounded to the state, and are given to you if you meet the requirements of low income or high school/uni performance, so I do not think that would help me up there.

but sure, I might check erasmus, I have a friend who whent to estonia with it, but I don't know If I would be elegible for it

Check out the universities and cities to see what looks best. (Trondheim/NTNU or Oslo would be my pick)
Contact them. They probably have information and help for you. You're not exactly the first international student. Don't let the prices discourage you too much. There must be a way somehow...

IIRC there was an Hungarian user on here that went to Ålesund in Norway. Maybe you can try asking how it was in the v4 or Kurva anyátok generals.

>A fucking bank country

It is super expensive compared to other scandi countries, which are pretty expensive themselves. I repeat, if you have no backup from parents you can NOT study in norway on your own. I had the same idea

I pay 3€ pizzabro

m8 switzerland is fucking crazy, I've been there if norway is close to that i have no fucking chance kek

will do my man.

Hmm, I ordered a large one at a place in Narvik and it was something like 200 SEK.

Grandiosa barely qualifies as food, let alone pizza.

>Unironically eating Margherita

Nella capitale costa un po'

Nope. And one of those is like 2€ in Sweden.

well it's still good if you don't want to eat to much or don't have the money to buy one with toppings.

immagino. per fortuna in sardegna la vita costa molto poco

Funny, I pay 100kr here for 40cm. If I try peppes I will have to pay 200 too though.

>well it's still good if you don't want to eat to much or don't have the money to buy one with toppings.
Here in Sweden ther is not much difference. You can usually get one or two toppings for the same price as a Margherita.

Well, nedless to say, I was at Peppes. I thought it was similarly priced as any other place.

well that's pretty cool. even if I doubt the quality and taste will be the same as here.

>swedish pizza

We are talking about restaurant's pizza or pizzeria not those from supermarket.

It isnt. I have been to Italy and it was top tier

>My specific example of shitty pizza means that every pizza in sweden is bad

So am I. Supermarket pizza isnt worth mentioning.

Ok (y)