Visiting a friend who's family emigrated from America

>visiting a friend who's family emigrated from America
>getting something to drink
>look into their fridge
>see eggs

I thought this was a meme? WTF IS WRONG WITH AMERICANS?

What's wrong with that?

>not having eggs
WTF is wrong with Dutch? I heard they eat meatballs.

You always put eggs in the fridge

a popular "meme" say that 'murricans put fresh eggs in their fridge.

If eggs shouldn't be refrigerated then why are they stored like that in the shop?

>countries that don't refrigerate their eggs
>countries where it's legal to sell food with literal shit on it
baka desu senpai

>Industrial shops are always true
My aunt breed chickens and give us fresh eggs when we go to see her. She NEVER put them at the fridge. and these eggs are freakking good.

chicken shit is not so bad you at least it is protected by the natural lining the chicken puts on the shells to cover the pores, pressure washed eggs go bad faster

my refrigerated eggs last like a month or more.

how fucking slowly do you eat eggs that you feel having turds on them is worth it for the preservative properties?

woah how many time did you went to his house thi s week mate. You should relax and take a break.

>>visiting a friend who's family emigrated from America
> a friend who is family

>poopy eggs you can have on your counter
>clean eggs that last longer in the fridge
wew.
How cheap are eggs in your cunt? Cheapest here is 99c for a dozen but I always pay a lil extra to support a local egg farmer

Everyone in Poland stores the eggs in the fridge. I don't know what's the fuss all about

>fresh eggs

We buy eggs from the grocery store. They are refirgerated before being shipped to the store, and after being shipped to the store they are stored on a cool shelf.

You can't subject an egg to a sudden change in temperature or it will sweat and spoil. Once you refrigerate an egg for the first time, it has to keep on being refrigerated.

They are refrigerated in the first place because of salmonella paranoia, but the point is that we CAN'T keep the eggs unrefrigerated because that would compromise them. Your American emigre did it out of habit, even though if he bought them unrefrigerated he didn't need to.

$5 for a dozen

Not my money, at least I enjoy le organic grass fed meme without needing to pay for it

designated egg storing shelf in fridge

Let him be, he's obviously still in shock.

I put my eggs in the fridge too

#solidaritywithAmerica

I live on a ranch and we get all our eggs from our chickens.

... That's good, I don't think very many other ranch animals lay eggs.

I love Switzerland

Barely any eggs are poopy and even if they are it's just a tiny amount with a little feather ontop, also why would you make your eggs colder when one of the plusses of eggs is how quick they are to cook?

I'm a fridge man but if theres not enough space in the fridge, i'll leave them out. Simply put, they don't last as long when left out because of how hot kitchens can get in summer

>why would you make your eggs colder when one of the plusses of eggs is how quick they are to cook?

For THIS you take a side..?

kek

Are you sure bacon isn't actually pigs eggshells?

Americans have to put eggs in the Fridge since we wash them.

>Barely any eggs are poopy

Are you rationalizing having any sort of poop on your food?

You don't eat the shell so it doesn't matter and if you're a little weenie you can just give it a quick rinse.

I think it's normal...

Eggs can survive way beyond the expiration date inside the fridge.

Why are you storing your eggs long enough for them to expire?

>this thread

Why not? i dont even eat eggs everyday. Maybe like once a week if that.
I'm not some /fit/ sperg

Then buy a smaller box of them? Eggs are way better fresh.

I put eggs in my fridge because they spoil in the heat

Sometimes i do, but its so fucking annoying when you need eggs for something and you dont have em.

>eating twelve eggs in a single week

What the fuck kind of lifestyle do you live

That's why I do online shopping, I haven't been in that situation since I last tried to bake a cake and had no vanilla extract.

Are the memes about America true? Do you guys really have such huge sizes for everything?

2 eggs for breakfast 6 days a week is not unreasonable.

>Do you guys really have such huge sizes for everything?
Yes.

>breakfast

Waar de neuk heb je het over? Iedereen steekt eieren in de frigo. Hou op met miemen aub.

jhgghkjhkhjk

I usually get the 6 egg carton unless I'm planning on baking something or cooking something specific.

I need to get back to cooking omelettes every morning, I started cooking them kind of like grilled cheese where I put cheese the top and bottom and fry it to make it crispy.

Not really.

These guys jew you though, the food is in a bowl that rests in the bucket. It isn't an actual bucket of food.

>meme
It's not a meme, we actually do this. The washing process makes the shell porous so they spoil if you leave them out

>eating a bucket of food
jesus.
A medium cup of soda in Carl's Jr. is like the width of an iphone and about 10 inches tall.
[spoiler]a tall cup from Starbucks is fucking small though, the fucking hipsters with their foreign words for "big"[/spoiler]