youtube.com/watch?v=Up2Xu3NolEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JRYE7hYxJiw
youtube.com/watch?v=9u3BYIUqUBk
youtube.com/watch?v=brBtb5ykIoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for trve atmoblack

youtube.com/watch?v=pwNubusvtrU

hey l'm from Ieddit.

They posted some screen caps of some TermoiI Redux aIbum or something that came out not too Iong ago and they beIieve it's the band spamming you guys.

ls it true? ls the band aII over you guys promoting their stuff?

We had an AMA with DiSanto yesterday
Shit was fucking cash, he's kind of a douche though

haha x_-d_DD:D

>literal redditers in /metal/

theyre everywhere man, best to just accept your fate

fuck off plebbit, this is a trve metalheads only zone.

>le atmomeme guitarist lemay

dis nikka b makin dat dissoshit

>You will never dress up as Varg in camo and pick shots off at a pride parade

youtube.com/watch?v=NcKo7lwZT70

How did you all come to cope with the fact that metal reached its peak in the early 1980s?

If that's true when why does progressive metal exist exist and why hasn't it peaked it?

late 80s/early 90s, you mean
i cope by realizing that music from the late 80s/early 90s will always exist and i will never be forced to listen to atmoshit

Kill yourself

All jokes aside, Meat Shits are pretty fucking good!

Dead thread, post death metal
youtube.com/watch?v=9vgnheK6m_g

youtube.com/watch?v=rxJTcG6Lxto only good shit they did

youtube.com/watch?v=EED0SanJj2k this shit is coo too

youtube.com/watch?v=rEKeHo5fLNM Mother of God

WITHIN THE OAKEN TOWER
EXISTS THE ONE WITH EVIL POWER
MAGIC CHANNELER OF EARTH'S FRUSTRATION
THE DRUID SLEEPS IN MEDITATION

>youtube.com/watch?v=effUB0_T1pE

Where can I find Shawn Lane bootlegs? Couldn't find jack on kat.ph or soulseek.

I like this album but everytime I listen I can't help but feel Dopesmoker is just light-years aheads.

Sleep's Holy Mountain is easier to just jam to. It's a bit more difficult and takes more concentration to sit down listen all the way through Dopesmoker. They're both fucking amazing tho.

Bands like Darkthrone, Aryan Satankampf, Graveland, Gestapo 666, Satanic Warmaster, Beherit and Impaled Nazarene are True Satanic Black Metal. You can listen to your Metallica if you want, but you understand nothing about true Hitleric Nazi Black Metal. You are just a poser and you can fuck off from the whole scene. Black Metal is True music, which is not made for animals like you, but true Satanic Misanthropists, who don't care about clowns like you. Black Metal is the music of the elite, and you can't understand it. None of you can understand True Satanism. You are like little kids. Our world view is based on Wotanic Hitlerism, on an individual level Satanic Individualism, and on a collective level Hitleric Fascism. Without an understanding of theoretical occultism, it's useless to even dream of understanding the Wotanic world view. None of you could understand Wotanism, because intellectually you are like worms. You can't reach the level of Elitistic Satanism, so why even dream of it? Satanism and Black Metal are for the elite. True misanthropists.

>everyone on /metal/ is out partying on a friday night instead of shitposting

every. time

not me

Is it good if a girl listens to Carnifex

I love you so much for this and I am not even high.

Cryptopsy playing melodeath riffs is disgusting

It'd be better if she listened to Nile, but you take what you can get.

New Boris album tomorrow.
Only sold at the merc table tho.

Fingers crossed for sludge/stoner Boris but we'll probably get another rock album.

>Paganism/Wotanism = Satanism
You're wrong. It's still a great post, but your semantics fucking suck.

Still, it hurts to see Black Metal even posted on the internet, but what the fuck can we do? There will always be degenerate, fithy worms who inflitrate elitistic worldviews and try to claim them as theirs in their delusion to try to fit in or become "trendy", which only causes the complete disruption and destruction of said minority movements by infesting them with mindless idiots who have no interest or knowledge of what it truly means to represent them. The best you can do is ignore and move the fuck on. Live and let rot.

Got these in the mail today. Currently wearing the grey one. I'm one happy camper, here.

Nice I actually recommended her Nile

>tfw no weedian travelling in a stoner caravan to the holy land

Dopesmoker's album cover art is based on the book Dune tho

Fucking Death was amazing.
Fucking actual Death is an asshole.

Who /gojira/ here?

My sister's bf was visiting one time and I heard him playing Welcome Home Sanitarium on her stereo, and he changed the song when the guitar solo started. What do I do?

Probably just accept he, like most plebs, have a short attention span and just wanted to get to the next track.

Congratulate him for having good taste. Guitar solos are fucking gay and don't belong in any genre of metal other than power/speed/glam metal, which themselves are fucking gay and don't belong in metal.

bassist confirmed

New single was pretty bad desu

Why are the vocals on the new Nails song so fucking lame?
They don't even sound angry anymore.

Daily Reminder:

>Vektor - Terminal Redux

dmu best mu

woah

dmu

mu

woah

The grey one is cool cuz it's not DUDE WEED LMAO tier shirt

>guitar solos are gay
take that back
not appreciating guitar solos is the most gay thing you can do

give me a chill metal album to fall asleep to

>that fucking old school cover art
if only the music wasn't generic

Could someone upload pic related please? I can't find it anywhere and yes, I've tried SS.

OM - Pilgrimage

Help me /metal/ I can't stop listening to this album

>there will never be another guitarist as good as him ever again

\m/ RESPECT \m/

b8

Post catchy stuff lads

youtu.be/6zDT_uGYdVs

atmoshit is usually pretty good for sleep

sleep and electric wizard are kings, but they still dont reach Candlemass, Witcherfinder general or Troubles place

youtube.com/watch?v=DihputNGLSM

i think you mean

youtube.com/watch?v=KCHVpDwMS2k

>"look at me i listen to heavy music"
>"changes track to drake"

this tbqh
youtube.com/watch?v=aIrdGkFpFM4

As a bassist, I laughed

Such a great album.
youtube.com/watch?v=Up2Xu3NolEQ

Don't stop, it's good! Bullets and Tears fucking rips.
>mfw every time I hear PF's blatant Priest worship

quick, patricians are asleep

post your real top ten

in no particular order

>Sunbather
>Oceanic
>Through Silver In Blood
>Aenima/Lateralus/10, 000 Days (fuck every single one of you)
>Bath
>Choirs of the Eye
>Aura
>III (Spectral Lore)
>Monoliths and Dimensions
>Colored Sands

You'd have to tell me what the track he changed to was for me to judge that fully

Messiah Marcolin please fuck my bitch

>straight outta pitchfork

Are you for real?

I keep coming back like a battered housewife in the vain hope that things will be like they were before Summer 2015 one day.

This HANDSOME MOTHERFUCKER
is the most UNDERRATED trash metal guitarist of the 80s
and basically
YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID
click here to find out HOW

I don't visit Pitchfork.

I'm absolutely for real> I love all of th shit you guys plug endlessly too, but this is legit what I'm into.

This was comfy as fuck desu.
Also listening to Mandylion by The Gathering atm and I like it too.
Rec me more like that?(preferably with female vocals but not necessarily)

literally kill yourself.

I love that album. Have you played Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines? Mandylion is also great and she did vocals on Devin Townsend's Addicted if you didn't know. Someone posted this yesterday and I thought it was good with femvocals youtube.com/watch?v=JRYE7hYxJiw

at least i'm not a sperging tripfag

just thought i'd drop this bomb cause the thread's slow and i usually just lurk and just get recs

>Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
Not really. Why?

Will check Atrox too after I'm finished with Mandylion, thx

Just that Swamped was on the credits to that game and it was how I heard them first

Has there ever been an instance where a metal group that formed in the 70s ended up releasing their best album in the 10s?

Satan

Satan's Host

>started off as a really generic heavy metal band in the 70s
>turned into a really terrible bandwagoning black metal group in the 00s
>ended up releasing the best and most original USPM album in 2011

youtube.com/watch?v=9u3BYIUqUBk

not quite but Tom G Warrior has been going since 1982 and his stuff now is very strong

youtube.com/watch?v=brBtb5ykIoI

kek

>Have you played Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
Oh come on dude now I have to install it again...

Manilla Road anyone?

>implying that's a bad thing

>those threatening motions Paul made to the guy during the song
Poor guy, dude barely spoke English, he probably had no idea that what he said was that bad

Holy shit, Paul DiAnno got hit by the age truck.
>Time is not always on his side

If you don't like the new Vektor you're probably a -core faggot or a le epic lofi atmoshitter

Or someone who actually likes thrash metal

except from my review in progress:

>...This much is apparent to an active listener upon the very first listen, but the reuse of motifs across the album goes much deeper, to a level of subtly that refuses to fully reveal itself even after half a dozen listens. Most typically, though not exclusively, the phrases are borrowed from “Ultimate Artificer” and “Pillars of Sand” which are both short and relatively simple songs marked by variation of a main rhythmic motif. Each time I listen I find more cases of these motifs popping up in other songs, often only in a harmony or in a drum fill. The the musical themes adapted from pillars of sand also seem to correspond with mentions of the lyrical themes in that song. For instance the section at 2:26-2:50 of “Recharging” begins in a direct quote of the riff at 4:00 of “Pillars of Sand” and then diverges melodically while using the same rhythm. 3:40 of charging the void foreshadows the main rhythmic phrase found in the chorus of “LCD”. Not only is the list of these subtle variations that I have already found long enough that it would be tedious to go into, but it expands every time I hear this album...

ebin

EDIT: should be 2:36. although the use of the same stuff phrases starts at 2:26, the direct quot isn't until 2:36

wow, you've really cracked the code there

I am just beginning. This album has like a thousand riffs but every one has a reason to be there.

As a thrash album it is very weak, people don't like it because it's a thrashterpiece, they like it because it's easy-to-digest melodic noodling with the occasional heavy riff to trick the listener into seeming like it's some perfect balance of prog and aggression. The raspy shrieks feel out of place when you consider how clean the album was produced, it's dishonest. The only reason Vektor decided to make metal was because metalheads are self-loathing cucks now that love it when a metal band goes above and beyond to be as un-metal as possible (see: Deafheaven, Opeth, Burzum, Sigh, and pretty much 90% of what metal magazines jerk it to nowadays)