>your state/province
why you love or hate it

I'll start

>Arizona
Love it, it's like a whiter, more conservative Texas

Other urls found in this thread:

reports.abc.nc.gov/uploads/resources/f1c7a6b7373d4d56875c6d0b66c5f7f1.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I couldn't live anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon Line desu, too hot and too many fucking cars, especially in the SW

Why do you easterners hate cars so much? Muh pollution?

That and it results in shitty urban planning where surface parking and freeways make up most of an area, and you have to drive for like 30 mins just to get anywhere of value due to how low density everywhere is
Not an easterner btw

Guanajuato

It's meh for me, too conservative.

>Barcelona
I don't exactly love it, it's probably the worst catalan province. But it's kind of okay, the city looks kind of good and having a big city so close to you has it's benefits even if it's full of brits and moors.

>California

Love northern California, SF in particular becuase I live there and it's comfy as fuck. The weather is nice too. I hate the culture and the liberal people, also the suburbs are quite boring shit. Overall it's a solid 50/50.

>Illinois
Love it for the culture, food, and Chicago, hate it for the Russia-tier politics and lack of a functional budget due to state legislators siphoning it.

I live in a comfy suburb near the east edge of LA county, so I'm spared from seeing and smelling a lot of bullshit. Any further east is meth labs and desert.

>kansas
>love
I typically like ruralness. Its overall pretty white.
>hate
Shit politics. Governor Brownback is a national laughing stock and the state is home to the Koch brothers so they cuck us all. Lots of whites are evangelicals and or white trash. Too many nigs and spics in cities. Not too much to do. Environment is very uninteresting.

I love living in Illinois, but jesus the government needs to get it's shit together
>tfw get to watch the school system I grew up in slowly decay and collapse

Good thing I graduated in 2015 and don't have to deal with the latest budget crises, but it still sucks.

Wisconsin

Never lived anywhere else to compare it to but Wisconsin seems nice

>North Carolina

Love

>Food
>Climate
>Clean Air

Hate

>Boring
>Everything closes at 10 PM
>Governor and Republicans
>Climate

Oh, and just to add to how ball deep retarded the state is. Happy Hours are still technically illegal.

reports.abc.nc.gov/uploads/resources/f1c7a6b7373d4d56875c6d0b66c5f7f1.pdf

>it's like a whiter, more conservative Texas

Ah yes, who could forget the time that Airzona elected staunch conservative Janet Napolitano as governor as well as helping reelect Republican president Bill Clinton.

>Ohio
just fucking shoot me

Ayy, I also live in SF. Despite all the stereotypes about liberals and stuff, I actually really enjoy living here. The only shitty part is all the homeless people (and even they have been declining).
Crime isn't usually that big of an issue, although last month someone stole the wooden bench off my front porch :(

What district m8? Sunset district here, comfy as fuck fog beach weather almost all year round. Homelessness is still a huge problem though, I see them in hubs, especially around central SF and downtown market.

>Ohio
Good things
>Columbus is an amazing city with much to offer
Bad things
>it's surrounded by Ohio

Prince Edward Island. Its nice but there are no fucking jobs besides potato farming and lobster fishing. And the whole fucking island is filled with a bunch a monks

>Antioquia
Love it, best department of the country by far

Pennsylvania

Good
>not New Fagland
>guns
>food
>best environment outside Alaska
>Harrisburg, Hershey, Gettysburg, and 80 other places called burg
>Ween
>Sheetz

Bad
>Filthydelphia and Pitthole
>Wawa
>being next to Jersey

Where do you live? Go spend time on the lake. There's fun stuff around

Minnesota

Love
>good economy
>great city culture
>absolutely white outside of the cities
>great education
>cost of living isn't bad
>high standard of living, best hospital in the world (Mayo Clinic)
>great winter sports
>tons of outdoors

Hate
>full of liberals, even elected a crazy former wrestler as governor in early 2000's
>main hub of Black Lives Matter
>horrible gentrification in some cities, filling up with hipsters
>next to wisconsin
>summers can be sweltering and winters way too cold
>next to Canada

>that image
I live in the Mid-Atlantic but that image is inaccurate bait

>New York
I live in the city so there's always stuff to do. Having four seasons is great even if summers can get a little too humid. Lots of qt's here. Nice museums and plenty of different food to try. It's getting safer and nicer here too.
>Hate
Liberals and fags everywhere. Everythings more expensive here than most other parts of the country. City tax. Cuomo.
Overall not bad at all and while I do have a few gripes I probably wouldn't live anywhere else. I also live in a decent area so I'm happy about that, pic related is around my neighborhood.

South Dakota

Love
>guns guns guns
>rarely get any new age progressive stuff here because this state is extremely republican and BIG on churches
>pretty cheap to live here
>few taxes
>interesting weather at times
>wind often so summer is managable
>west side has plenty of outdoors to roam around, lots of nice woodlands
>helpful people, even farmers will help you out if your car breaks down or you need assistance
>people wave at each other more than give the finger

>nobody bothers us out here
>nobody goes out of their way to come here and try to change the state into something else because they freeze their asses off and go home or get chased out by crazy ass small towners
>don't have to go far to get away from the lights and see all the stars
>Sioux Falls is a relatively nice place to live in the ranks of medium size towns, downtown is pretty and there's always activity in the evenings there
>you can leave your car running while you go into a gas station and it won't get stolen
>community mindset, you can meet and befriend and get help from your whole neighborhood and all across town
>you like pheasant?

Hate
>last I checked we have 4 of the 5 poorest counties in the united states
>in winter that wind can kill you
>no wind in summer means hu-fucking-midity, it rots you to the bone
>xenophobia is a curse too, small towns and farmers don't like changes and they damn sure don't like outsiders
>small towns can get damn sketchy about their mistrust too, some counties only have one officer that works it
>trouble is starting to come in more and more, drugs are getting worse, murder rate is rising a bit, thankfully gang related trouble is still near nothing
>few lakes and low number of rivers on the east side, hunting anything larger than a rabbit is a pain due to the mass amounts of farmland
>deer are kinda retarded
>little selection in what to do, so drugs and rampant alcoholism it is
>native problem, always drunk, always trying to break into shit, always on meth

The only good part of Arizona is Flagstaff m8, everything south of Prescott is basically mexico

>arizona
>whiter than everything
are you for serious? half the people in stores speak spanish because of so many mexicans. more than half the people here are "hispanic"
unless you count snowbirds from Canada

Flagstaff here

>Arkansas
It's OK. We're poor but most of us get by and the nature here is pretty cool

Iowa

Love
>Iowa City

>relatively low cost of living
>unless you live in Iowa City kek
>also why should I care I still live with my parents
>why am I still greentexting

Dislike
>Phony WASPs masquerading as religious
>the mostly industrial shithole city I have to live near

Hate
>The 4-5 month long winters
>no major sports
>no mountains
>landlocked
>nothing to do
>most cities' attempts to appear cultured just come off as hokey and forced
>small airport means that to get to a big city you either have to drive 4-5 hours in any direction or make at least 1 connecting flight
>fucking Mediacom

If you ever need weed or wax or edibles lemme kno

I'm goin up nort' wanna come with?

Is that the place by Frys
Why do I always drive home from there at 6pm and go blind

Ya it's right next to Fry's. idk that seems like a weir problem

>Washington D.C.
Like it. I've lived in other cities but DC is the most unique

>The diversity. People from all over the world like here, and not just the brown ones.
>Women here are qt af
>Most people aren't terribly ignorant
>amazing food variety
>If nukes fall, I will be granted a quick and painless death
>Muh history
>Good private universities
>It's a city so people don't give a shit who you are or what you do

Dislike
>Cost. My studio apartment rent is nearly 1k/month
>Homeless people everywhere, it's real bad
>Shit public funding,
>Ironically no representation in Government
>Chinese tourists
>Rich people here are smug as hell
>Traffic
>Crowded metro that closes by midnight

Pretty worth it though. I'm definitely a city person though. I don't like people being nosey

>diversity is a benefit

+1 to your virtue, astute signaller

You from Rapid aswell?

>Kentucky
I like it because there's plenty of nature, arguably the best gun laws in the country, and there are lots of beautiful horses here that one can legally have sexual relations with.

Only problems are that we have numerous dry counties, some corruption in local politics, and the economy isn't the best.

Nope, Sioux Falls. even we are starting to get some drug problems and native bullshit

>Virginia

>oldest English speaking part of North America

>Has a national park

>Center of American Colonial history

>Most Presidents born here of any state

>The most important Founding Fathers were Virginia

>The Declaration of Independence was written by a Virginian

>The Blue Ridge Mountains

>Home to several of the best universities in the US

>Ranked 11th for HDI and GDP

>Not Landlocked

>Has the highest number of historic battlefields

>Capital of the Confederacy

>Robert E Lee and Stonewall Jackson

>The Revolutionary War was won here

>Temperate climate with all four seasons

>You can ski and go to the beach in the same state

>lax gun laws

>Not Deep South but not Yankee either

>Most badass flag in the US

>Same flag since the Civil War started

>Cool rivers

Is there any state that can come close to Virginia? I don't think so. At the end of the day we all know that Virginia is the best in the US today and historically. You wish you were a Virginia, and thats okay. Its perfectly natural to wish you lived in the greatest state in the union, I understand. Maybe one you'll get to experience what its like to be a Virginian for yourself.

What do you think of Wisconsin? I'm going to be moving there soon

It's a slightly inferior Minnesota and Michigan, but it's okay in its own right.

>Alabama
Love it. North AL especially is a very, very nice place to live. I like nature and it's the most ecologically diverse non-desert region in America.

We have fiber-optic internet, all of the stores anywhere else has, I go to the opera, etc. while still being able to drive rather than take a train/bus, and be able to travel to a lake or even the ocean in a couple of hours.

I've lived a lot of places, and despite my initial resistance to Alabama, I've decided it's among the very best places in America.

QUEENSLAND
U
E
E
N
S
L
A
N
D
MOST RELAXED STATE 2016

Legal weed states > non-legal weed states

This

When I was in SF I accidentally walked through the tenderloin early evening with my iPhone in my hand and DIDNT get robbed

So I guess things are improving

>Chocolate chunk
>No visible chunks of chocolate, not even so much as a chip

>Magic Brownie
>Not even brown

Whoever's in charge of labeling these needs to quit eating all the merchandise

Hawai'i / Oahu

PRO
Beautiful landscape
Comfy climate

CONTRA
Very expensive to live in
Hard to leave
AC is a must
Too many asians (JAPS)

Overall 8/10

This was in fact, minty

>colorado
Love it. It's almost too nice sometimes. Only problem is all the mexicans of course. Everywhere in the southwest is going to end up like california at some point and it's a shame.

New York
Love it because I live upstate were its more rural, I like winter and I hate New York City because it's basically a tourist trap

>Nordrhein-Westfalen

It's a love-hate relationship.

>like
we have a lot of interesting cities and cultural thingsto see and have some traditions left like Karneval eventhough it's pretty degenetated. NRW also has nice landscapes and it's somewhat relevant. Unless you live in the bumfuck nowhere there's stuff to do, so you won't get bored.

>negative
The state is broke, everything becomes shitty. The cities are ugly and we are confronted with a lot of radical islamists, poverty and such. At least we're still better than Berlin and Bremen. The people are still voting the SPD for what reason ever.

Should I visit? Are there socially awkward qt shy gay guys?

> Oregon
Greeeeeeeeeeen
Also pretty decent public transit. Roads are okay.

Pluses:
>Pontic Greeks (indenial), Laz people, Hemshin Armenians and Georgians live together
>The most palest and coloured eyed population ever
>Beautiful landscape
>The most greenest place in Turkey or may be in the region
>The people known as creative people

Cons:
>Erdoğan's hometown
>From Armenians to Turks everyone is conservative muslim.
>Stubbornness is part of a nature
>Interesting accent (sometimes girls find it cool thou)
>Transportation is bad bc it's full with rain forests and mountains