Why the fuck does the US galaxy s9 get a gimpy snapdragon cpu...

Why the fuck does the US galaxy s9 get a gimpy snapdragon cpu? The exynos 9810 that the rest of the world (I think) gets runs rings around it, they're not even comparable

fuck this gay earth

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMD_Global
anandtech.com/show/12478/exynos-9810-handson-awkward-first-results
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cucked by carriers.

Exynos isn't licensed to use certain frequency bands because patents and intellectual property.

You can always order the exynos model from Samsungs website if you live in America.

Probably some exclusive rights Qualcomm has because of some bullshit reason, Qualcomm gets up to all sorts of shady shit

do we know what countries get what chip? I legit placed a preorder and only realise now that there are 2 different chips. I live in straya, and every site selling them that ive been to lists that it has a 'new 10mm octa core cpu' which is applicable to both.

There are patents on frequencies? Why is this stupid shit allowed?

I always thought the Qualcomm was better?

GOD BLESS AMERICA

We get the Exynos model here in Australia

fuck yes cunt

where'd you read that?

So the CIA has an easy backdoor to work with.

My S7 edge has one, and my old S5 does too

because burgers are used to dealing with shit hardware thanks to applel

US Carriers gets Snapdragon. Rest of the world gets Exynos.

Wikipedia says that China gets cucked too

Looks like they dropped the Exynos for a Snapdragon+Dual SIM here, fuck.

Burgers on suicide watch

Where's here?

Brazil

Exynos are shit tier for custom ROMs.
And you do want to get a custom rom with a Samsung.

Glad i bought the s8 and didnt wait. What a disapointment

so they can artificially bog it down easier and make chinks and burgers upgrade constantly since they are the only ones with the money to sustain the upgrade cycle

could you get an Exynos and import it to burgerland and activate it?

FCC approval process for use of proper frequencies/licensing for technologies behind it is likely just something Samsung hasn't bothered with due to lack of impact on profit. They're a businesses not a charity, they don't care what performance you get, just how much they can make. Buy something else or deal with lack of full LTE support if you don't like it.

Nope, US unlocked edition from Samsung is still snapdragon because snapdragon works on all US carriers whereas the exynos version only works on a few carriers.
Only way to get it is to import it or find a reseller.

Gsm works on att but isnt it slower?

>slower than an almost century old standard

Thanks for the nonanswer dipshit europoor

Slower than what? This isn't about LTE its GSM vs CDMA.
All US carriers have LTE but the NON-LTE portions of spectrum are CDMA or GSM.

Qualcomm holds CDMA patents, so any phone in the US that wants to operate on every carrier needs a Qualcomm modem

The snapdragon 845 variant has a better GPU though and the exynos 9810 will be gimped anyway

lol

I hate patents. Just a covernment contract to allow you to hold a monopoly for x years

Enjoy your locked phones

Snapdragon has unlocked phones you retard. American dont leave america other than rarely on vacation.

>American dont leave america other than rarely on vacation.
as a canadian i think this is something euro cannot get their heads around.
going from let's say montreal to toronto will take the same time for some euro to go from berlin to paris.

i can drive on a straight line for 50 hours without ever leaving the country.

Snapdragon Samsungs have locked bootloader so they have NO custom ROMs. Those who buy Samsung support this. Those who buy carrier locked phones support this.

It's not just about traveling, it's about being free to choose any carrier you want, any time. With GSM you just buy a $5 SIM and that's it.

Is actually the other way around, Exynos get way more custom rom support than the Snapdragon variant in the latest Samsung releases.

i dont care in canada its not legal to carrierlock a phone.
also, what do you think we're using up there in the north? fucking cdma?

HE'S GONNA DROP IT!

Just order it from Canukistan up north, your not poor are you?

I use a SIM wirh cdma you dumb europoor. Why do you keep making stupud assumptions? My phone is unlocked for all carriers in the USA

SHIT. I was going to get one. Guess I'm just going with whatever high end Motorola has.
Just fucking WHY

Are you retarded or just uninformed?

NNNNOOOO
HOLD IT HOLD IT HOLD IT
IT'S GONNA FALL

It's GPU is years ahead tho

buying an android device is the same as throwing money away. you'll be lucky to get $50 out of that phone in another 3 months.

Your SIM is only for LTE, you can't just replace it and get a new carrier, if want that you'll have to request a switch. Also, you can't have two carriers on a single phone and you are limited to whatever phones that are in your carrier whitelist. And your phone not being locked is a non argument since there are millions of locked phones in your country. Nevertheless enjoy your Qualcomm monopoly.

It doesn't matter though. Samsung devices are inherently gimped by their terribly bloated version of Android, and this is coming from an S8 user. Combine that with the fact that they're too stubborn to allow users to remap the Bixby button and you got a pretty awful phone in terms of UI and user experience.
Can't wait for these new Nokia devices to come out so I can get rid of this piece of shit phone, I don't even care that I'm gonna be stepping down from a SD845 to a 660.

>falling for the chink nokia meme

>there is a phone on this planet that is not being manufactured in china

The fact is: it's not a Nokia. It's just a chink phone designed and developed in chinkland with a Nokia logo. But go ahead, no one is going to stop you.

>There are patents on frequencies?
No
>Why is this stupid shit allowed?
Premise wrong, logic b0rked.

US often use CDMA, the modulation involves often tech that is patented by Qualcomm. Other countries use other schemes (GSM etc.) where different patent pools operate.

SD845's GPU is leagues ahead which counts for something

>I hate patents.
How then would you prefer to fund R&D then?

>patents create funding for R&D
They stop competators from funding R&D

>They stop competators from funding R&D
G-a-r-b-a-g-e. It stops competitors from using the tech but not from inventing around. If you insist, please show me what law supports your view.

I don't really understand why people still harp on the bixby button. It's a shame it can't be remapped but it doesn't harm the phone at all since you can disable it. 99%+ of phones don't have a remappable extra hardware button so it's neither an upside or a downside, just something you ignore after the first day.

Usb doesnt have a patent. Processes are usually patented not products, which stop others some building upon that process

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMD_Global

yes, exynos is shit at running emulators like dolphin. snapdragon works so much better than it.

Because I'm an autistic fuck and that useless button bothers me to no end. Not even kidding.

A large number of phones are made outside of China... The original Google Pixel was made in Taiwan, for example.

because it's what (((qualcomm))) wants

It is normal to have both apparatus/device/system claims as well as method claims.

And it certainly does not stop anyone from building upon that process. Have you not heard of dependent patents?

It's even more retarded, because they are gimping the Exynos VERY HARD to not shame the Snapdragon.
Most of the time the Exynos version uses just the generic A55 cores, meaning that the performance is WORSE than last year S8.

That's still China, retard.

US uses GSM too, you can actually just order the international version and still use it in the US

Source?

My Note 8 is made in Vietnam.

South Koreans don't like China.

>Taiwan == PRC
Thank god you're wrong

>gookbench
Oh okay. So not an actual benchmark.

Snapdragon 845 is faster at everything though? Post a benchmark that is not goybench.

Because NSA can't spy on it and American Jews won't structure their bands like the rest of the world so they can make more money.

China thinks they own taiwan though

>South Koreans don't like China.
Many don't. Chinese companies know they are big and steal a lot of knowhow and trade secrets. So now many big name companies move production out of China and into Vietnam, a much smaller country that has to uphold their TRIPS obligations.

I don't think Asian companies ever outsourced much to China.

Japanese camera manufacturers like Canon and Nikon don't. Not sure about Sony though.

And Taiwan thinks they own China

>I don't think Asian companies ever outsourced much to China.
>Japanese camera manufacturers like Canon and Nikon don't. Not sure about Sony though.
Yeah, they do.
Even in Japan, 90% of shit is made in China.

>Japanese camera manufacturers like Canon and Nikon don't.
An absolutely huge Canon plant was among the new factories I saw when I visited Vietnam. Canon has learned, probably the hard way.

>buying botnet devices

Wrong way around. You can root and only have KNOX tripped on Exynos, on Snapdragon, your battery will be limited to 80%.

also want to know this

>US often use CDMA
Not anymore.
Apple told all the carriers that still operate on CDMA that if they don't switch to GSM they won't get the next iPhone at launch.

Proof? Smells like bullshit.

are samsung devices still lagging and shitting themselves months down the line or have they done something to fix that?

I don't believe you. Verizon and Sprint combined is 70% of iPhone's market.

My Note 8 has one.

Exynos is shit at random task tho

anandtech.com/show/12478/exynos-9810-handson-awkward-first-results

Canada also gets the Snapdragon variant

Is the SD 845 even any better than the exynos chip found in the S8?