Thermal Paste

What is Sup Forums's approved thermal paste? I'm not looking for some overpriced gaymen paste that will give me 1c, but also not looking for garbage tier paste.

What's the best paste price/quality wise?

Other urls found in this thread:

hardwaresecrets.com/thermal-compound-roundup-january-2012/5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What is Sup Forums's approved thermal paste?
Frozen cum.

Everything is within 1-3 C of each other. It's all snake oil shit. Just go with a known brand and you'll be fine.

classy, arctic mx4

Arctic Silver 5 beats the shit out of mx4

I just use Arctic Silver 5. You don't really need much better than that though Thermal Grizzly is supposed to be better. Delidding will give you more significant temp drops than just the thermal paste you put between the heatsink and IHS if you have a recent Intel chip.

Arctic Silver 5 suck even againts mx2, u can do too research about these two, 20iq

You can actually use toothpaste and it will work just fine. Thermal paste is a shitty meme just so they can overcharge you.

>mfw bought Noctua NH-D15 and got top tier thermal paste for free
Feels good tbqhwy

this. my shit is still 20~30C after 2 years.

>no Tuniq TX-4
get fucked

I use $0.20 shit from aliexpress. Shits given = none

>topkek
6.53 W/mK

> chink garbage spills oil on mobo
> black smoke comes out
> shits giver = none

Whatever is on hand. Using Thermal Grizzly stuff now though.

its not and that's wrong
the problem is it's expensive since they're kikes

I'm makin a build soonish and I'll probably overclock the GPU chip. But apparently with the stock cooler, the 2400g gets pretty hot when overclocked. I'm wondering how much of that can be helped with using better thermal paste than what comes on the bundled AMD stealth cooler, or if it'd be cheaper to just get a better fan altogether

mayonnaise

Thermal Grizzly Kyronaut and Conductonaut.

>2400g
Why would you buy it if you will get a dedicated GPU anyway? You will be better off getting a 1400 because:
> better temps (soldered die, no toothpaste like the 2400G)
> double the cache
> cheaper

have you looked at the current GPU prices, dipshit?

> I'll probably overclock the GPU chip
sorry, misread that

it wont do more than a couple degrees at most. you need a good heatsink

'Mirin that x scale

has anyone here ever used PK3? How does it compare against AS5?

i bought hwatever was 6.99 on amazon with 1 day shipping after i discovered my noctua tube turned to concrete.

i think it was arctic silver 4. been using the shit since the mid 90s, good brand, easy to make product. theres no difference in brands. buy whatever is cheap.

>theres no difference in brands
see:

that's no difference. basically do not buy the worst stuff. anything midrange is the same as the very best. look at the median

>1°C between good quality paste
No difference.

>buying Gaming Thermal Paste(TM)

>Not using liquid metal
the fuck is wrong with you hotbois

>1°C
more like 5ºC

>Good quality paste

I use whatever I have on hand. If I start running low, I'll pick some up when I get other hardware. Depending on where I'm buying from and what's in stock, that usually winds up being Arctic Cooling MX 2/3/4 or, more recently, Gelid GC-Extreme.

Arctic MX4

cheap but good

I use Arctic Silver Ceramique. It's not that it cools better, but that it never dries out. Also it's insanely sticky so I can stick on heatsinks without a mounting point, but remove them later if I want.

I'm using it for not until it stops being good enough for me and/or GPU's get cheaper. With the VEGA 11 iGPU overclocked, it is as good or better than a 1030 in almost every game, but I heard the temps could get into the 80's like that on the stock cooler.

I see. So just scraping off the stuff that comes pre-applied and using a better paste won't be nearly as good as getting a better fan/heatsink at that pricepoint?

>I see. So just scraping off the stuff that comes pre-applied and using a better paste won't be nearly as good as getting a better fan/heatsink at that pricepoint?
Correct. Look at some of the charts posted in this thread. Differences between pastes are almost never more than a few degrees. A larger thermal mass and/or more airflow will make a much larger difference.

>I see. So just scraping off the stuff that comes pre-applied and using a better paste won't be nearly as good as getting a better fan/heatsink at that pricepoint?

rationalize this in your head please, or consider this one

"so you mean using high-octane gas isn't as good as driving a faster car??"

please, just think.

>no individual ambient room temperature nor case temperature given for each thermal paste temperature measurement
That chart is absolutely worthless

Mustard

hardwaresecrets.com/thermal-compound-roundup-january-2012/5/

Side question to this: Can I use thermal pads (like in GPU RAM) in my laptop instead of paste? Found some in a lappy I once took apart, so I think it's viable...

I can attest to Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, it is actually the best thermal paste I've ever used. I noticed a 4 degree difference between it and arctic silver.

>Not using it freshly milked

I tried Ceramique. It's very viscous and tacky but performs quite well. I didn't know it never dries out, though, so if that's true then it's automatically better than any that do.

>it is as good or better than a 1030 in almost every game
nope. it's actually a little bit slower. It will only perform faster if you:
> OC the shit out of the GPU
> get dual channel 3200MHz
At that point, you're better off getting a core i3 + GT 1030 + single DDR4 2400MHz stick

I use Noctua and the last time I reapplied it my idle and load temps both dropped about 3-5 degrees. I put a very tiny drop on both the heatspreader and the cooler base and then used some plastic wrap on my finger to spread it into an extremely thin layer entirely over both (no thickness to it). Then I did the usual small blob in the middle. It was the same paste, so I don't know if the old paste needed to be replaced or the application made the difference, but I'm doing it this way from now on. My thinking was the blob spread will matter less because there will be some tiny layer of paste everywhere.

Stock paste is generally the best.

You didn't read my post. I said if you overclocked it, to about 1,500 mhz. and of course you're going to get a fast ram kit, why the fuck wouldn't you? It's all insanely overpriced anyway.

Not getting dual channel ram is pretty silly even if you do have a dedicated card. If the game requires more than 2GB of vram, the 1030 is gonna get fucked almost as hard as an APU since they aren't that far off to begin with.
Regardless, I'd rather pay $170 for a chip with good overclocking abilities and better multi-core performance and then just get a better GPU when I need to. It simplifies the build too.

He's right, as long as we are talking about paste and not actual liquid metal compounds.

>7
Thermal grizzly Kryonaut for the IHS and Conductonaut for delidding

w-why?

Conductonaut for everything, c'mon don't be a fag

Great for delids, great way to destroy your heatsink otherwise

How dangerous is Arctic Silver 5? I'm planning on repasting my laptop's CPU, and it has pins really close to the socket.
I know it's not conductive, but it's slightly capacitative, and could theoretically damage shit. Should I be worried and get something like MX-4 or is it fine?

You should get MX-4 anyways. AS5 is outdated. There's no reason to get a capacitive thermal paste anymore when there are completely non-conductive pastes that perform better than AS5 anyways.

bump

This, most expensive and highest performance, if you are buying a 1000$ or higher system, putting like 10$ more for a quality paste shouldn't be an issue, and it is very likely to last for next few builds as well. If you are an absolute poorfag go for mx-2/mx-4.

That looks sexy

First of all, as said, it doesn't. And secondly:
>2029 - 11
>still using an electrically conductive thermal paste