Would you use a linux distro with gnome over windows 10?

would you use a linux distro with gnome over windows 10?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uWZpy4vGbFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tried it, didn't enjoy playing "scavenger hunt for drivers that almost work properly" and went back to windows.

Ehhhhhhh

Fuck that's hard. Gnome is really shit, but so is Windows.

I do.

She needs to shower in my cums

nancy is not for lewds

couldn't say it better

Who's this semen daemon?

I'd use any Linux distro over Windows 10

A DE is a DE, whatever the DE may be I would always choose a linux distro, you cannot do shit on windows.
With some time, you can rice any DE or WM to fit your need/make it pretty

Sure. Gnome sucks, but I mostly live in the terminal and Firefox anyway.

No. Windows is the only alternative to macOS which I currently use as it supports the software I work with.

Get that lordosis checked

I would.
The fuck is wrong with her back? Does she do this to make her boobs look larger?

get that down syndrome checked

Why the fuck these kpop-shit put two fingers in face for every fucking picture? It's a new type of soy?

Probably the effects of wearing high heels

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i like

Get that dum dum head checked

get that mouth-breathing mongoloid face checked

>effeminate physical features
>peace sign
>tight clothing
Soyboy confirmed.

Get that fat smelly thumb head checked

In other words, you never tried it

>>(OP)
How bout none of the above?

what's the point of using Linux if you're just gonna use a shitty DE? might as well go full soy and install OSX.

i agree. which is why i don't use xfce and i use gnome

<
this makes gnome worth using

>OS X soyboy feature makes Linux worth using

>gnome
I was would say that I'd hurt myself before using gnome but then I realized that it'd be basically the same thing

I pick the Linux machine with Gnome.

>switch to another virtual console
>log in
>optionally kill the login manager and X server (or whatever Wayland uses)
>start tmux
>use computer

Yeah, sure. Gnome is incredibly underrated.

I don't use it cus I'm a tech nerd who likes to configure stuff, but don't forget it's 2018 and all normal OSes are becoming abusive botnets. A LOT of people who aren't into tech are looking for software that respects their privacy. Poettering at this point is one of the few devs who create FOSS that's made for children like normal end users will expect from it.

yes. gnome a shit but it doesn't even come close to win10 levels of crap

I used Linux exclusively since 1994. But when Windows 10 came out _for free_ I tried it and decided to keep it. Now my main personal laptop and desktop machines are running Windows 10. My servers are still Debian, and I have a personal laptop with Fedora w/ GNOME on it because I prefer that much more for development. My work laptop is Fedora w/ GNOME.

so you basically skipped all the good windows and when they came with an absolute botnet you were like 'yes..yes! you got me this is what i want!'

highly unorthodox lmao

Nope. Gnome sucks and so do all the other DEs.

Um.. are you retarded?

gnome sucks, but its the future. There's no escape

You will all make fun of him.
But this guy gets it

Of course!

Did you have a real question?

I actually said "This works and looks decent, I don't fucking care anymore about FSF and GNU."

I still do all sorts of open source for my job, but RMS' ideology is lost on me now. I do still however have an autographed book of his...

No.

you mean thats a guy?!

I use windows for games only, else i would switch completely to linux and never look back.

Fucking retards from Kronos are slow as fuck to give a proper DirectX alternative for linux

You can run tons of Linux stuff natively on Windows now. Look for "Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux"

Sadly, yes.

You can run tons of Windows stuff natively on Linux now. Look for WINE.

>would you use a linux distro (...)?
No.

If GNOME didn't use a gazillion megabytes OR if it released them when my programs needed them yes but iirc it just hoards and reserves your ram

What's her name?

I don't use linux because I like the desktop. I certainly didn't start using linux because of the desktop. It was shit then (around 2009), it is much much better now, even though you retards keep whining about the smallest things. For me, as long as the browser works and the terminal and the installed programs work as expected I don't give a fuck what happens to the desktop

>new type of soy

Have you even observed Asian culture even slightly in the past 40 years? It's just a thing people do

what happened to Sup Forums? Are you all purposely contrarian. This is next level contrarianism because y'all are all contradicting yourselves. Just 2 years ago everyone here used to shit massively on unity and now for seemingly minor issues you give the same reaction to gnome who came back to rescue ubuntu from the shit show that (rightly) was unity.

chong ching lee

낸시맥도니
and she's 17 so that webm is about it

thanks
i pride in my shitposting

Yeah, until I install another DE.

>reserves all ur ram
>minor issue

post your top result. The 8.3% spike only occurs

i am

I use both side by side as I am not a faggot

im speaking from recent memory which would be 3.26
realistically it stays at about 600megs or more /out of 2g/ and last i checked it out it was closer to a gig
gnome memory usage is irrelevant really because apparently it scales depending on the available amount but iirc it does not make it available for my shit when i need it, instead swap is used

>ramlet

Kind of mindblowing how one american managed to make the peace sign so popular over there

you forgot Jewel

Link her socials fag

Can I install a WM over it and use gnome as fallback

No. I'll be losing functionality and getting literally nothing in return.

>would you use a linux distro with gnome over windows 10?
If the day comes that the only way to use GNU/Linux is to use Gnome + Wayland is the day I will switch to Windows 10 or whatever.
GNU/Linux is a great OS but I don't want to deal with the faggotry of Gnome, Wayland and RedHat devs
I would just use GNU/Linux in a VM, without UI, if these faggots take away my beloved X

Whose this goddess?

She just has big asses. Not south american big, but big for asian nonetheless.

that semen demon has a sexy fupa. i want to kiss her on the cheek and hold her hand.

>I heard this somewhere and it sounded smart so I'll say it and people will think I'm smart

I tried linux on my htpc and it was horrible. I wasn't even able to play full screen bluray videos without horrible chopping.
>just install gpu drivers you retard
tried that but they cause the system to freeze on boot
with windows there is no such problem, i just slap in the USB stick, hit install and all drivewrs and everything is automatically installed and everything works out of the box
>e-enjoy your spyware
sure if MS wants to read my boring emails they are welcome to do so

Not only I would, actually my T460 has Arch + GNOME, it's quite comfy for that specific setup, even though all my other devices have i3wm or sway.

no software support, and if the software i want is available on linux then it's inferior to windows software.

im using Debian with gnome on my laptop I don't think its that bad, why's it hated so much?

yes, then uninstall gnome and install i3

I prefer gnome over kde and winblows, so yes.

I already do, whats your point.

Linux and gnome are shit, but at least tolerable.

youtu.be/uWZpy4vGbFQ

People shitting on Gnome on Sup Forums is the result of a stupidly successful campaign. Gnome is as shit as it was 6 months ago but back then people had something else to bitch over. Try it and make up your own mind.

KDE or bust

atm I'm sick so I started GNOME to focus on what I'm doing, so yes I would.

At least the icons are consistent. Garbage, but consistent.

well MATE and Cinnamon are kinda gnome based soo yes why not

I would, just to have a little more freedom respecting OS that i would be able to do cool things on

Sroyboy kurwa morde już zamknij

I'd prefer KDE over Gnome.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

I hated Gnome from v3.0, not because of some stupid 'campaign'

test

i really really like gnome. I like KDE too but i prefer stability over features, and kubuntu is unstable as fuck.

Nancy, a Eurasian fuck factory .