THANK'S STEVE

theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/25/children-struggle-to-hold-pencils-due-to-too-much-tech-doctors-say
>thanks to parents raising kids on tablets instead of toys, modern schoolchildren are literally too weak to lift a pencil

>the real reason phone makers are obsessed with thinness is because people aren't strong enough to lift the thicker ones anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/25/children-struggle-to-hold-pencils-due-to-too-much-tech-doctors-say
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do schools not give big ass pencils to children anymore? We had to write with those big ass logs, back then, because it was hard to write with regular pencils due to horrible coordination.

bro if you were given one of those big pencils it meant you were slow

>spinning the pencil dial will soon be a thing of the past

What’s a pencil

It's a thing now? I'd have thought wood pencils went out of use ages ago.

No you idiot. I was saying that it was required for Pre-K and Kindergartners. Did you even go to school?

It's what people who make mistakes use instead of pens.

not on the same continent as you, retarded yanky user

>implying the US only has Kindergarten
What backwards country did you come from then?

Go drink some bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you dumb fucking shit smear.

Remember novelty pencils? A girl in my class once bought hers to school and it made me so jealous and then when i begged my parents to buy one for me i broke the lead and didnt know how to sharpen it. Long story short it became a torch we used to light ant hills on fire.

> pencil
deprecated

Read the article before posting, next time.

more like too much soy

Sounds like bullshit. If you can hold an ipad you can hold a fucking pencil.

>didnt know how to sharpen it
what is wittling?

that's what you get for not letting kinds have their BBP

>big ass pencils
No, been using high precision grade mechanical pencils since 1990s. The teacher back then wants us to use old wooden cased pencils and forces us to sharpen it with sharpener, i didn't liked it because i wasn't allowed to use blades instead. With blades i can carve my own custom curve so it feels right while holding. I cannot wait touch fags complaint about VR kids in future then comes the VR fags complaint about AR kids.

that's a big pencil

I'm so glad I spent my childhood hitting stuff with hammers and climbing trees.

My handwriting was more legible as a child with those bigger pencils. The smaller ones caused my hands to cramp up. My handwriting is still schizophrenic though, i can't write the same letter exactly the same every time.

God damn you're retarded.

For you

They gave me these pencils in school when I was 6 and now I have a hard time gripping regular pencils like a normal person. I'm convinced it was pencils like this one that fucked my grip because it fits my grip perfectly.

This article is wrong. The dynamic tripod grip is not only correct one. There are 4 documented correct pen grips. Other grips aren't slower and are legible. I don't have a link to the pdf, but there was a paper on the topic.

Not everybody is the same, some people are more comfortable with different ways of doing things, as for example holding fucking pen.

I couldn't do tripod grip as a kid and they wanted to correct it for years. They didn't succeeded and I still use lateral quadripod as an adult, it didn't ever made me problems with writing test or filling forms.

Fuck people that corrects kids on how to hold a pen. Kids will grasp this on their own and will hold it with their natural grip. It's exactly the same thing as correcting left-handed kids to use right hand.

Rude

>>the real reason phone makers are obsessed with thinness is because people aren't strong enough to lift the thicker ones anymore
It is hard to carry 3kg on a shoulder 2hrs per day.

What would happen if I sharpened it

Literally that.
I remember my twin and I got pocket knives when we were 6 and our father told us to go fuck shit up outdoors. Great times.

It would be very usable for writing

Is this sarcasm

What the fuck a pencil is waaaaaay lighter than a phone

No. Did that for the last 3yrs in university, my shoulder started to hurt after one month. It wasn't a backpack, but a postman bag.

I got one of those.
Got it in Rome as a memorabilia.

>theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/25/children-struggle-to-hold-pencils-due-to-too-much-tech-doctors-say

>"Children coming into school are being given a pencil but are increasingly not be able to hold it"
Was this written by a journalist? Was it reviewed by a journalist?
Article actually proves that iPhones and other mobile compute interfaces are currently designed for children. We are due for a better mobile OS.

Also
>"This becomes a problem when same the children also spend large periods of time on tablets outside school."

Tripod is literally the only possible method of writing certain ligatures in calligraphy, and some grips add more strain to a pen/pencil stroke that it adds too little or too much force that an instrument either cleaves part of the writing surface or drops too much ink.

People correct others not because it’s socially awkward, but because it’s based on old, practiced, literal scripture, that was one of the most profitable and reliable jobs, dating back to ancient Greece and Egypt when they started writing on papyrus and linen, fragile papers.

Huh, I learned something new today. I use quad grip. Never realized there was a "proper" way of holding a pen/cil.

>Tripod is literally the only possible method of writing certain ligatures in calligraphy
Could you mention what (some of) these ligatures are?