Is ninite safe?

is ninite safe?

Botnet. Probably you're also using winblows 10, in which case you're an even bigger retard.

It's pretty great desu. Works well no questions asked, haven't had a problem with it.

works fine user

Maybe, but Windows isn't.

It's been my go to for setting up new Windows installs for the past couple of years. Seems fine to me.

>a closed source software to download and install anothers closed source into your botnet os
Yeah, it's safe.

This.
I usually don't agree with traps, but xe's right.

>1. Pick the apps you want
>apps

yes
it really is a godsend tool for setting up devices

Just download the programs you want yourself, why the fuck wouldn't you?

Ninite is just a knock-off package manager. If you actually want package management then use GNU/Linux.

Because then you get impatient halfway through and ah fuck you didn't uncheck the promotional Chrome install or some other McAfee. And I know you guys know better, but just in case, stay the fuck away from K-lite codecs. The optional offer during installation is literal malware.

Meanwhile, any sane OS comes with a package manager. You should upgrade from winblows

just use chocolatey

Who knows, but if you want a (very basic) botnet package manager there's basically chocolatey.

Does Chocolatey let you auto-update like Ninite or is it manual?

windows has a built in feature called the "task scheduler" that works like a shitty version of cron
i simply have it run "choco upgrade all -y" silently in the background once per week

>botnet
>without proof

i worked with a guy who used ninite often. he was a complete dickhead, and we had to scrape the malware off his machine about three times a week, because it was trying to infect the rest of the network.

nathan, you're a bloody idiot and i stand by what i said about Deadpool that time.

appy app app apps

package managers are a botnet.

havent had any issues so far. my friend has a business selling racing simulator setups so he hires me to do builds from time to time.

its a handy AF application. saves me a bunch of time having to install 15 things at the same time.

good tip, just did that on my machine.

Yes goy, add yet another middle man between you and your executables.

ninite + custom pdq deploy for programs not on ninite and WSUS has made deploying new PCs w/out an image to work with a breeze

Yes, OP
My setup is
>Ninite
>PDQ Deploy
>WSUS
>PatchMyPC in task scheduler so everything is updated
Basically the same as this user Also How is chocolately? I've heard of it for awhile now and recently dipped my hand into Linux to learn the wonders of apt, but I'm not sure how exactly it'd work on Windows.