Using Linux Mint

>Using Linux Mint
>Windows open wherever the hell they want.
What the fuck.
>Only solutions are hacks and user-cumbersome workarounds.
>Cinnamon Devs: "It's up to the software developers to fix it."
>Software Devs: "It's up to the desktop devs."
WHAT THE FUCK.

It's the little drops of bullshit like this that makes people fine with the shitshow that is Windows 10.
>It logs your information.
>It uses your internet for it's own use.
>It is resource heavy and unoptimized.
But at least it works the way I expect it to, fresh out of the box.

Then you should use Windows...

Sup Forums is not your consumer review site faggot. Crying like a bitch on Sup Forums isn't gonna change anything. If you don't like the software then don't fucking use it.

Why do people use DEs? Is there something specific you want to configure like language or something? I really don't get it. just get awesomwm with BAIN, and download someone's preset from reddit or something, god damn, it's not hard.

How to build your own linux:
>get a cli based distro
>connect it to the internet
>download urxvt, lxappearance, & pcmanfm, which downloads all the dependencies that you need to run xorg
>download a wm
>nano ~/.xinitrc
>start (wm name)
>startx
WOOOW

>Windows 10
>Works

This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread but does anyone have that one comic of some guy looking for the orb of truth or something and it just tells him some fortune cookie tier thing at which he got mildly angry?
It's kinda similar to the one of the OP.

Stop being a pleb and use Window Maker or FVWM.

You lost everyone the moment you mentioned CLI. That was fine in the 80s (not really it sucked then too) but is unacceptable bullshit now.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON WHY TODAY TECH. IS HELL

GO BACK TO YOUR SAFESPACE WINBABY ......

>mint

you picked the wrong distro faggot

>Windows open wherever the hell they want.
what the fuck are you talking about?

>at least it works the way I expect it to, fresh out of the box.
That's because you've adjusted your expectations to its unbending, arbitrary will.
STOCKHOLMED

It's amazing how you're fucking yourself over on purpose with this fear of anything cli related. It's a whole different environment, an entirely different approach to computing and a unique experience. Sure, if you don't want to invest any time in learning and exploring your OS then I guess stick with the default gui. However since you're on a technology board I'd assume you are at least somewhat curious about technology.
>That was fine in the 80s (not really it sucked then too) but is unacceptable bullshit now.
It's still fine in 2018 and it will be that way for a long time.

>t. braindead wincuck

KDE does not have this problem.

>But at least it works

Neither does cinnamon mint.

Ironically, windows 10 had this problem for like the first 2 years after initial realease before it eventually got fixed.

every distro is the wrong distro tb h

>It logs your information.
Not a problem if you're not a pedo or doing something illegal

>It uses your internet for it's own use.
Also not an issue if you don't have shit tier internet

>It is resource heavy and unoptimized.
Only a problem if you're a poor piece of shit and can;t afford something from the last 5 years.

The best video conversion tool out there (ffmpeg) is a CLI only executable
Most other GUI video converters are just a front that send commands into ffmpeg and are cumbersome and buggy to use. Why would you use a piece of shit bloatware app if you could just use the underlying cli yourself

Plus, there's no real way developers can integrate advertisement bloat into a CLI application

>he """upgraded""" instead of doing a fresh install

>If I'm not doing anything wrong, then it's okay for the government to know every single thing I do on my personal device!
Go back.