How can blacklisted phones get cleaned?

Ok, so how the fuck do those shady services work?

I know most can be scams, but I used a service, and now my phone is clean, so how can it be done?

Got a phone from craiglist, turns out it was blacklisted by Sprint, I checked several imei check websites, all said it was blacklisted

I even called Sprint, they confirmed that it was reported stolen

Of course, craiglist seller never answered my calls or messages

So I said fuck it, ended up spending 70 bucks on this fucking service, and two days later, it was clean
All websites now telling me it was clean

How the fuck?
Is he a Sprint empoyee? Do they have access to their database someway?
Can I do it?
How?

give it back jamal

sprint tech here: they can't

Once the stolen/lost flag is raised the phone is now a dud. In the past you could flash a different IMEI but we can now detect that too and blacklist your flashed IMEI.

Your best bet would be to return back to africa and flash an IMEI there as african tech seems to be lagging a few decades there.

I get that, but Im using the phone right now
And sites like swappa.com/esn, imei.info, imeipro.info, all show the imei as clean now

To clarify, I already paid for the blacklist removal service and they delivered, since its clean now

Im not asking if it can be done, because I see its working, but how

They just flashed a new IMEI, don't expect it to last much we check for these phones too. My advice would be to have a VPN on at all times since we inspect data packets to find said phones.

But I didnt bring my phone into a shop or anything
It was all done online, I just sent them mi imei number, payment was done via paypal
The confirmed through email

Don't expect it to work for much longer. Sell that phone as non stolen quick.

Might end up doing that
Was just wondering how this was even possible
I mean, you would need access to the database for that, right?

flashing EMEIs is doable remotely and all that happens is your BL EMEI gets replaced with a "good" one (ie stolen). Anyway if you weren't using a VPN at the start of this thread than you probably already dug your own grave.

>Anyway if you weren't using a VPN at the start of this thread than you probably already dug your own grave.

wut? why?

I thought you needed some kind of access to the phone in order to flash a new imei
Also, the imei didnt change, the number that comes up when dialing *#06* has always been the same

Could be one of our rouge net techs making dough on the side or someone just rootkit your phone. Hard to tell at this point desu.

That would make sense
At least its better than believing that someone hacked his way to the Sprint database

Don't know how it's done but always works with the phones we get from my work place. We buy phones in bulk, it could be AT&T, T-mobile, Sprint, or Verizon. If it's blacklisted or stolen, clean it with a service. It could cost $8-$140 to clean a phone. If we can't clean it, we just sell the phone out of the US. Never had someone complain about the phone being blacklisted.
>t. Someone who works at a phone refurbished store

>we can now detect that too and blacklist your flashed IMEI

The best you can do is see if the IMEI matches the type of device. If they use one from the same model you can't detect shit.

Give it back, Jamal.
Or send it to Russia as used.

>Got a phone from craiglist

Not gonna risk a donut steel litigation but I'll just say this: why do you think we threaten to shutdown services for customers who try to bypass tethering restrictions?

So you can violate net neutrality and make people pay extra to use the "unlimited" bandwidth you sell them.

Listen here you little shit: we're literally trying to cram hundreds of users per sector on each tower so no we can't fucking magically give you all 30-50mbps download speeds at the same time. I would literally cap you all at 1mbps if I could, you greedy cunts.

I'm not saying it's OK to do it
I'm just happy I can use the phone
And also, unless the seller calls sprint again and reports it stolen a second time (which is not likely, as far as he knows, he scammed me), how would they even know?

Sprint is fucking trash.

You guys have slow speeds because you have too many fucking users per tower and need to build out your network and buy more bandwidth but you can't because you don't have the capital for it.