Buying a thinkpad as a present for my girlfriend. What is a good Linux distro to install on it...

Buying a thinkpad as a present for my girlfriend. What is a good Linux distro to install on it? Her current system is Windows XP, that she uses hooked up to a television. I want her experience to be good and not shit. Is Antergos or Void a good choice. What about Alpine. Ideally it should just werk and have a nice desktop environment like she is used to. Sorry to kill a thread for this but /sqt/ don't give non meme answers other than botnet slow ubuntu, or user unfriendly Arch/Gentoo. I use Arch Linux myself but she would hate it. Yes I know Antergos is essentially Arch but I'm hoping there are more user friendly parts to it than just the installer.

solus

Gentoo. If she is too dumb to use it she is unsuitable for breeding offspring and you should find a new mate.

are you trying to make her life more difficult? just put windows 10 on it dumbass

Never used it before but I hear Linux Mint is a good desktop OS that just werks out of the box and comes preinstalled with multimedia drivers.

holy shit win XP, cute
something with Budgie or KDE I guess

Get her some earrings or take her out someplace nice.

If watching her use the XP shitbox is upsetting, give her something better. No need to drop a ton of cash, but don't be a cheapskate either.

Try one of the lighter ubuntu spins. I hear Ubuntu MATE is very user-friendly. There's also Linux Mint, which I always see people reference as a good choice for giving to normies and non-technical users.

unbuntu

Slackware

fpbp

So-
Wait, you already made this thread before

I get the idea that this guy doesn't actually have a girlfriend, and he's buying this for himself, pretending in his mind that he's buying it for his anime waifu.
Illuminati confirmed.

You should get here something nice, like eh Hannah Montana Linux and some pretty earrings

>buying a trashpad
>installing linux
>for girlfriend

Now you becomes a cuck and don't know why.

If she likes XP she will like Lubuntu.

yes it was me.
I'm going to combine all the results and then make a decision.

Breaking up with your girlfriend on her birthday is extremely rude user

android

macOS. Really. If you're going to shell out for the ThinkPad meme just get her a MacBook Pro (2015 or earlier) or a MacBook Air. It's the normiest-friendly non-Windows OS out there and just werks.

Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 or KDE Neon or Linux Mint
Don't pick anything else, I'd pick Ubuntu because there's a fuckton of tutorials and troubleshooting guides for it. Or just install Windows 7 or 8 for her so regular windows software just werks, but if she only needs a browser and text editor then Ubuntu/Mint/Neon is fine.
Btw good job user!

>Her current system is Windows XP, that she uses hooked up to a television.

Is she over 60 or disabled?

>GF

Get out.

Windows 7 ultimate.

Fedora is nice.